[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

24 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

@The White Guardian you are probably reffering to the UV noise animation feature. If you want, you can tweak that effect to your liking by:

• Opening the EVE GUI (Mod + Zero {0}).
  • Finding the "CloudsManager" entry using the top left and right buttons
  • Changing the values of the "UVNoiseScale", "UVNoiseStrength" & "UVNoiseAnimation" fields.

The default EVE config UV noise a bit more intense than it probably should be. But hey, everything can be (re)configured!

Alright, thanks!

I'm also wondering, if a cloud config won't work, is there a file I can check to see what exactly is causing the issue? Like the way Kopernicus has a .body file for every planet?

@The White Guardian by saying " a cloud config won't work" you mean not work at all or that the result is not the expected one? You can check the structure of any of the EVE configs via the Module Manager ConfigCache.

Now, if it doesn't load at all it means that there is another EVE config somewhere inside the GameData dir. That is a bit more difficult thing to check and i think you can only manage it by manually searching the KSP logs.

@Waz do you think it would be easy to add some code and check for duplicated configs? Or maybe load only the last config bundle listed in the GameDatabase?

Edited by Phineas Freak

15 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@The White Guardian by saying " a cloud config won't work" you mean not work at all or that the result is not the expected one? You can check the structure of any of the EVE configs via the Module Manager ConfigCache.

Now, if it doesn't load at all it means that there is another EVE config somewhere inside the GameData dir. That is a bit more difficult thing to check and i think you can only manage it by manually searching the KSP logs.

@Waz do you think it would be easy to add some code and check for duplicated configs? Or maybe load only the last config bundle listed in the GameDatabase?

The trouble is, duplicate configs is perfectly fine according to the design - it doesn't matter if you put your Kerbin cloud layers in separate files or all in one fine, for example.

Similarly with config values - just about anything is "legal", and a structurally incorrect cfg file doesn't even get to EVE at all (it's as if it never existed). In a few cases, EVE will report "Unable to parse config node".

18 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

But it doesn't really matter anyway, it's a new EVE feature to reduce pixel-clouds iirc, so I might as well make use of it and apply a new cloudmap that better utilizes this new feature.

Yes. Specifically, the UV of each point is moved by an amount based on the last few decimal places of the position (which would normally be doing nothing, just giving "nice crisp" delineation between pixels, exactly what you don't want to see in clouds). Currently it distorts the main texture, not the detail texture, so under-using it and over-using detail textures will make the effect less useful. SVE's textures don't use it, for example, as those instead rely on high resolution main and detail textures (but you'll still see ugly pixels with SVE sometimes).

It can also be used for animation, in the example config it's both gently in the fine detail as in Kerbin clouds, or more microscopically in Jool's clouds.

Edited by Waz

Ok guys, did a bit of reading and searching and I just want to increase the amount of clouds.  I've installed with no changes and my cloud layer seems very sparce.  I just want some more clouds.  Please and thx and yes, thank you for taking this on Waz.

Hi, me again.. 

I've managed to adjust thecloud height with the gui (ALT+0) and it works. But the problem is every time i load the game, it resetting back to the previous (too high) altitude. Is it normal? (I've to readjust the cloud height every time load the game). 

Thanks 

14 hours ago, ArkaelDren said:

Ok guys, did a bit of reading and searching and I just want to increase the amount of clouds.  I've installed with no changes and my cloud layer seems very sparce.  I just want some more clouds.  Please and thx and yes, thank you for taking this on Waz.

Easiest way would be to use a different config than the default one. See SVE on the first post in this thread.

7 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Hi, me again.. 

I've managed to adjust thecloud height with the gui (ALT+0) and it works. But the problem is every time i load the game, it resetting back to the previous (too high) altitude. Is it normal? (I've to readjust the cloud height every time load the game). 

Thanks 

Did you click Save?

14 minutes ago, AlphaKerman said:

Yep, I did. The problem is that the cloud height starts at random height (all above 50km), so I have to tweak the altitude every time :confused:.

You have to set the cloud height in the cfgs Not with the gui if you are using Sigma Dimensions and once you have it set,  leave it alone.  Messing with the gui resets the cloud height 

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Shadows are really dark on my game. It's like night under a cloud.  I have planet shine and I have tweaked the ingame settings and cant seem to bring up the brightness.  Is this a issue with EVE and planet shine?  I have KSP version 1.2.1

What did you set your shadow material value too? 

4 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Shadows are really dark on my game. It's like night under a cloud.  I have planet shine and I have tweaked the ingame settings and cant seem to bring up the brightness.  Is this a issue with EVE and planet shine?  I have KSP version 1.2.1

I have the same problem too ;.;

5 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

A screenshot, even cropped to just 5% of it's size is worth more than 46 words. :-)

On 11/5/2016 at 1:59 AM, Decus91 said:

(snip)

Eve & BC Cleanest log file

For clarity, the result is identical in each of them minus a few nullrefs in the output log file.

I had also tried KSPTechTreeEditor in isolation as well, which worked fine within the remit of the additional mods it supports (i.e.: there are exceptions for those parts of the tech tree that refer to parts provided by mods which were not installed). I assure you that my 3 hours of testing was performed with due diligence, Waz. Any help is appreciated, thanks. 

Update: Upon further analysis it appears to be a problem with Module Manager 2.7.2. 

Further Update: It was a problem with Module Manager 2.7.2 compatibility with EVE, today's release of 2.7.3 has resolved the issue.

I have a similar problem to Decus91.  After reading through this part of the thread, I downloaded the latest version of the BoulderCo and EnvironmetalVisualEnhancements mods and installed them (correctly!) in the GameData folder of a unmodded version of KSP 1.2.1.  I also installed ModuleManager 2.7.3., which I already had.  At the end of the loading screen ModuleManager said 0 mods installed.

I tried again with a new copy of ModuleManager 2.7.5.  Nope.  Tried again without any ModuleManager.  Nope.  Still no clouds, no response from Alt-0.

Is there some main graphics setting in the game that needs to be set for this mod to work that I may have changed?  Or is this mod just not playing nice with ModuleManager?  Is my computer a piece of crap?  Does the problem lie between the keyboard and the chair?  Is there a corrupted file in GitHub?

7 hours ago, cy4n said:

No, I mean, to add them into the code.

Certainly it's not inconceivable. The cloud shaders are surprisingly complicated already, so I for one am a bit daunted by the idea of adding to them.

7 minutes ago, fireblade274 said:

It's still listed as incompatible in CKAN; does it still work regardless?

Yes .. if mods didnt work because CKAN reported them as incompatible, we would have a lot of dead mods on our hands. CKAN is not the end all-be all for KSP..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.