[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

On 2/5/2018 at 5:09 PM, NomenNescio said:

Hey there, so here's the thing. My game crashes every time I try to land on Eve. I'd like to fix that by applying the clouds from Laythe to Eve as well. But I can't for the life of me figure out how it's done. Any chance there's an expert out there who can help me?

Seriously do anyone know how to replace the clouds on eve with the clouds from laythe?

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure where I went wrong, I downloaded EVE non config, Scatter, SVE, Kopernicus. Installed them according to the instructions, to the best of my knowledge. Ive installed 100s of other mods(non visual) but the EVE editor has no configs at all. They all say not populated, I can see the atmosphere and terrain difference. Also the God rays and lighting, but no clouds at all on Kerbin. 

None of the mods you listed effects terrain. The atmospheres are provided by scatterer, and you might be looking at the wrong tab on in the EVE editor. Also, you probably failed to download the SVE_Textures. 

I can better determin this if you post a screenshot of your gamedata, and the inside of your SVE folder.

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

None of the mods you listed effects terrain. The atmospheres are provided by scatter, and you might be looking at the wrong tab on in the EVE editor. Also, you probably failed to download the SVE_Textures. 

Thank you, you are right, I read over the OP for the 12th time a noticed the terrain textures.  I went through all the tabs in the editor and they are non populated tabs. Something has definitely changed the terrain texture, the Mun is different. thank you for the fast response :)

Im searching and reading everything i can find

Just now, viperwolf said:

Thank you, you are right, I read over the OP for the 12th time a noticed the terrain textures.  I went through all the tabs in the editor and they are non populated tabs. Something has definitely changed the terrain texture, the Mun is different. thank you for the fast response :)

Im searching and reading everything i can find

perhaps you installed SVT as well?

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

perhaps you installed SVT as well?

Dang, you are correct again man, that has to be why no configs re showing up. Good grief, ok so do i need to uninstall SVT, install SVE and High terrain?

11 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

Dang, you are correct again man, that has to be why no configs re showing up. Good grief, ok so do i need to uninstall SVT, install SVE and High terrain?

SVE and SVT work fine together. I developed them both together :wink:

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

SVE and SVT work fine together. I developed them both together :wink:

That is great! Thank you for the help,  this has probably ruined stock gameplay for me. although i cant play anymore without mods. Looking forward to the update This month. Not looking forward to all the mods it will break :(

19 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

Just wanted to say thanks again, it looks great! Where is you donate tab?

This isn’t my mod lol I don’t know if Waz has a donate button though.. I should probably find that too.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:00 PM, HebaruSan said:

Did the new update break EVE?  It says no config installed, and I see no config options.

I'm not sure why this posted this way.  This was my post.

Edited by Rmack

let’s nip this in the bud now. Do not ask for updates or ETA’s for future updates. It will happen when it happens, IF it happens. If you cannot live without clouds, you can roll back to 1.3.1. Have a nice day.

Go read my question again as I didn't ask for a time frame for any updates or ask for a update, I just asked if there are any plans for a future update as a lot of mods are dead. Also I was reporting that 1.4 has broken EVE as no one else mentioned it.

Wow you need to loosen your trouser belt pal. 

7 minutes ago, I3laze said:

Go read my question again as I didn't ask for a time frame for any updates or ask for a update, I just asked if there are any plans for a future update as a lot of mods are dead. Also I was reporting that 1.4 has broken EVE as no one else mentioned it.

Wow you need to loosen your trouser belt pal. 

This happens every update. You inadvertently asking about “plans” for a future update is as good as asking directly for an update, and the fact that it come within 24 hours of a major update is ridiculous. Also, you may want to take a look at the forum rules if you are not familiar with them. I will not loosen my trouser belt, because people asking question about updates, indirectly, or directly, will lead other to ask the same questions elsewhere as it looks like common place to do so, and as a mod developer, I believe I can speak for most as well,  it is quite easily the most annoying thing on these forums. 

Edited by Galileo

You're reading too much into my post. I asked a simple question if there are any plans to update EVE. If i wanted to asked when will a update be coming I would of used those words. A less aggressive tone of a response would of been welcomed and if asking if a mod is dead or not is breaking the rules then all I can do is apologise. 

52 minutes ago, I3laze said:

You're reading too much into my post. I asked a simple question if there are any plans to update EVE. If i wanted to asked when will a update be coming I would of used those words. A less aggressive tone of a response would of been welcomed and if asking if a mod is dead or not is breaking the rules then all I can do is apologise. 

Firstly, I think you take the tone of my comment out of context. That is your conscience if you feel that way. I wrote that in a large text so everyone could see it, but since you feel it was directed at you and you felt the need to defend yourself, it looks like it will get buried in this crap. Now, I am a little annoyed.

Secondly, how can you even think this mod is dead? It hasn’t been updated in 24 hours of a major KSP update, so it’s dead, right? Your logic is flawed here and you are making your comment sound even more like it’s asking for an update. Where were you last week asking for an update? It was just as inactive then, wasn’t it? Only now, there has been a major KSP update and it doesn’t work, so NOW it’s dead? I just want to be sure I get your logic right. I guess every mod that hasn’t updated within the last 24 hours is dead, and we should ask if there are “plans for a new update”, since that’s not badgering mod devs.

@Galileo is 100% correct - it sounded like a plea for an update to me.

Nevertheless, at the time, I was half way through rebuilding the shaders with the correct Unity version and with a few other minor fixes it all appears to be working.

Note that this new release adds an "arc" parameter - allows you to only put clouds in a section of a sphere, instead of having to render the whole sphere. It was just something I was half working on but couldn't find much use for, and it adds complexity in positioning of the section so I didn't pursue it. But it's in now, for good or bad.

Edited by Waz
typo

2 hours ago, Waz said:

an "arc" parameter - allows you to only put clouds in a section of a sphere, instead of having to render the whole sphere

does this mean that we can have clouds only load around the craft, instead of around the whole sphere, in cases like surface dust? or is it a set parameter that is immutable in-game

Just now, The Cuttlefish Empire said:

does this mean that we can have clouds only load around the craft, instead of around the whole sphere, in cases like surface dust? or is it a set parameter that is immutable in-game

The basic idea was storms: instead of the whole half-sphere on this side of the planet, just an arc big enough for the storm. I haven't actually done anything with it though, so it may not be adequate.

Volumetric clouds are the expensive things and they are just around the camera.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.