[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

On 4/22/2018 at 6:18 AM, CodeFantastic said:

So I've been running a 2.5x scale save, and even though I changed the EVE settings in game to set the clouds are proper altitudes and saved it, the settings are reverted when I re launch the game. Do I have to edit the config out of the game?

Did you press the 'Save' button in the EVE settings menu? Apply applies them to the planet but doesn't actually save it. You should not need to edit it with a text editor if using the EVE menu.

6 hours ago, Dankgum said:

Did you press the 'Save' button in the EVE settings menu? Apply applies them to the planet but doesn't actually save it. You should not need to edit it with a text editor if using the EVE menu.

I applied it, then saved them. 

4 hours ago, CodeFantastic said:

I applied it, then saved them. 

Hmm, that’s strange. Whenever I work with the EVE menu and press save, it actually changes the config file (as in if I open my clouds config after saving with EVE, it will say that it was modified by another program). Perhaps reinstall EVE?

Hello!  Thank you for your work on this mod.  It makes my Kerbal experience that much more wonderful.

I just noticed a bug that appears to be linked to the way clouds cast shadows on the ground.  Flags with transparency appear to be shaded as well, but it also shades the transparent part.  I uninstalled all mods, booted up KSP, and the issue was gone.  Then, I reinstalled only EVE and the issue came back.  This only occurs when the vehicle is outside, not in VAB.  I use CKAN for my mod management. Several flags were tested. Here's an image of the issue:

B00G9tI.png?1

6 hours ago, wumpkin said:

Hello!  Thank you for your work on this mod.  It makes my Kerbal experience that much more wonderful.

I just noticed a bug that appears to be linked to the way clouds cast shadows on the ground.  Flags with transparency appear to be shaded as well, but it also shades the transparent part.  I uninstalled all mods, booted up KSP, and the issue was gone.  Then, I reinstalled only EVE and the issue came back.  This only occurs when the vehicle is outside, not in VAB.  I use CKAN for my mod management. Several flags were tested. Here's an image of the issue:

B00G9tI.png?1

That is an issue with how the plane was saved in whatever 3D program it was made in. Whoever made it didn’t apply the correct settings to the shadow options in blender or they never intended for flags to have transparency. It’s not really an EVE issue. If it’s squads flag model, then they would need to change that and I doubt that they will. My suggestion is to recreate the flag with an opaque background.

I posted this over in SVE but maybe it belongs here.  I just did a fresh KSP 1.4.2 install after uninstalling from steam and deleting the /common/KerbalSpaceProgram directory. Then installed CKAN and only installed SVE. With either Medium or High Res Textures, both fail to load new textures with errors in the log file. At this point the only two directories in GameData are EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.4.2.2 and  the SVE.v1.3.0.4 version of StockVisualEnhancements.  

I have updated logs with reduced mods, but the errors in the logs are the same as when I had my normal collection of mods installed:
[LOG 01:34:02.289] [KSPUpgradePipeline]: career three (1.4.2) is up to date.
[LOG 01:34:02.295] [ExperienceSystem]: Found 0 trait types
[LOG 01:34:02.299] [ExperienceSystem]: Found 27 effect types
[LOG 01:34:02.498] [ScenarioTypes]: List Created 30 scenario types loaded from 100 loaded assemblies.
[LOG 01:34:03.177] Game State Saved to saves/career three/persistent
[LOG 01:34:03.225] [MessageSystem] Load Messages
[ERR 01:34:03.226] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'ApplicationButton(Clone)' is inactive!

[LOG 01:34:03.227] [OD] <--- ScaledSpaceDemand.UnloadTextures destroying SVT/textures/PluginData/NewMunSurfaceMap00.dds and NewMunSurfaceMap01
[LOG 01:34:03.227] [OD] <--- ScaledSpaceDemand.UnloadTextures destroying SVT/textures/PluginData/NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse.dds and NewMunSurfaceMapNormals

<... all of the planetary bodies listed...>

[LOG 01:34:03.229] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[LOG 01:34:03.230] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From MAINMENU to SPACECENTER (Async) =====================

[ERR 01:33:50.801] Material doesn't have a texture property '_BumpMap'

this pastebin link of the 67k line logfile is slow. I can upload it if that is easier:

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/DHGyKccyYN/

The result is I am loading default textures for everything, I think :(

3 hours ago, ksp_colin said:

I posted this over in SVE but maybe it belongs here.  I just did a fresh KSP 1.4.2 install after uninstalling from steam and deleting the /common/KerbalSpaceProgram directory. Then installed CKAN and only installed SVE. With either Medium or High Res Textures, both fail to load new textures with errors in the log file. At this point the only two directories in GameData are EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.4.2.2 and  the SVE.v1.3.0.4 version of StockVisualEnhancements.  

I have updated logs with reduced mods, but the errors in the logs are the same as when I had my normal collection of mods installed:
[LOG 01:34:02.289] [KSPUpgradePipeline]: career three (1.4.2) is up to date.
[LOG 01:34:02.295] [ExperienceSystem]: Found 0 trait types
[LOG 01:34:02.299] [ExperienceSystem]: Found 27 effect types
[LOG 01:34:02.498] [ScenarioTypes]: List Created 30 scenario types loaded from 100 loaded assemblies.
[LOG 01:34:03.177] Game State Saved to saves/career three/persistent
[LOG 01:34:03.225] [MessageSystem] Load Messages
[ERR 01:34:03.226] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'ApplicationButton(Clone)' is inactive!

[LOG 01:34:03.227] [OD] <--- ScaledSpaceDemand.UnloadTextures destroying SVT/textures/PluginData/NewMunSurfaceMap00.dds and NewMunSurfaceMap01
[LOG 01:34:03.227] [OD] <--- ScaledSpaceDemand.UnloadTextures destroying SVT/textures/PluginData/NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse.dds and NewMunSurfaceMapNormals

<... all of the planetary bodies listed...>

[LOG 01:34:03.229] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[LOG 01:34:03.230] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From MAINMENU to SPACECENTER (Async) =====================

this pastebin link of the 67k line logfile is slow. I can upload it if that is easier:

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/DHGyKccyYN/

The result is I am loading default textures for everything, I think :(

You have SVT installed, not SVE. This is not an EVE issue. Post your issue on the Kopernicus thread.

56 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You have SVT installed, not SVE. This is not an EVE issue. Post your issue on the Kopernicus thread.

Just did a fresh clean. Uninstalled in steam and then deleted /common/KerbalSpaceProgram entirely and then used steam to reinstall 1.4.2. . Then used latest version of CKAN (yesterday's update as well) and only selected to install SVE. Then was prompted to chose (High) Texture Resolution. Then was prompted to install EVE (1.4.2-2), Module Manager (3.0.6), PS (0.2.6.1), scatterer (v0.0331b). Of course with SVE (1.3.0.4) and the Textures (1.0.7).

AFAIK I am running only the minimum Mods needed for SVE and still only clouds and city lights from EVE appear. No textures from SVE appear to be loading. I agree that Kopernicus likely has its own conflicts but unless my 'fresh' clean is staler than I realize, then I am curious why I keep losing the SVE textures while playing. I used SVE HiRes for over a year. And tried AVP last month and found it wasn't for me. Now I cannot revert to SVE consistently. I had it working about a week ago, and one of my other textures mods must have been conflicting because I noticed over a few days the different planetary textures reverting to the no res defaults. Removing everything with a fresh start is surprisingly not working for me.

log file: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/mY5Md7QJsB/

8 minutes ago, ksp_colin said:

Just did a fresh clean. Uninstalled in steam and then deleted /common/KerbalSpaceProgram entirely and then used steam to reinstall 1.4.2. . Then used latest version of CKAN (yesterday's update as well) and only selected to install SVE. Then was prompted to chose (High) Texture Resolution. Then was prompted to install EVE (1.4.2-2), Module Manager (3.0.6), PS (0.2.6.1), scatterer (v0.0331b). Of course with SVE (1.3.0.4) and the Textures (1.0.7).

AFAIK I am running only the minimum Mods needed for SVE and still only clouds and city lights from EVE appear. No textures from SVE appear to be loading. I agree that Kopernicus likely has its own conflicts but unless my 'fresh' clean is staler than I realize, then I am curious why I keep losing the SVE textures while playing. I used SVE HiRes for over a year. And tried AVP last month and found it wasn't for me. Now I cannot revert to SVE consistently. I had it working about a week ago, and one of my other textures mods must have been conflicting because I noticed over a few days the different planetary textures reverting to the no res defaults. Removing everything with a fresh start is surprisingly not working for me.

log file: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/mY5Md7QJsB/

I’m not sure what you are trying to say, and your logs don’t have any errors.

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I’m not sure what you are trying to say, and your logs don’t have any errors.

sorry, got too wordy. Just validating I did the Fresh Install 101 routine.

TL;DR is still only loading default low-res textures. But had SVE working before trying AVP for a few weeks. Suspicious that my install isn't as fresh as I hoped since no one else is reporting this. 

Edited by ksp_colin

On 4/28/2018 at 4:21 PM, wumpkin said:

B00G9tI.png?1

EVE cannot handle any shadowing on transparent objects - it never has been able to. It's not really fixable since there is no simple way to detect which objects are semi-transparent. It does disable shadows on all "TransparentFX" layer objects, this at least prevents shadows forming on light particle effects, etc.

13 minutes ago, Waz said:

EVE cannot handle any shadowing on transparent objects - it never has been able to. It's not really fixable since there is no simple way to detect which objects are semi-transparent. It does disable shadows on all "TransparentFX" layer objects, this at least prevents shadows forming on light particle effects, etc.

I am able to avoid this with my trees and plants I make in blender by using the correct shadow options. I don’t think the issue is EVE in this case.

Edited by Galileo

@Phineas Freak, hate to break it to you, but those high-level switch cfgs are flagged by MM as being all sorts of broken. I had to go through and disable volumetrics manually.  All the better now that I've learned enough to maintain my own version of RSSVE/RSSC/CVO.

Speaking of which, here's the problem I'm having (with EVE at least): For some reason, all of my gas giant exoplanets seem don't seem to want to render EVE layers (at least not in map view). The most basic test case is my recreation of the Kerbol system in TRAPPIST-1 (now with all of the moons!) using the SVE textures and configs. Everything looks great and accepts additional layers just fine (auroras and lightning on Laythe!) with one huge exception: Jool. It just sits there, hazed over by scatterer, looking boring and dumb. I check the EVE menu and the layers are listed, but just not rendered. Any thoughts as to what's going on here? 

4 hours ago, Omnipius said:

@Phineas Freak, hate to break it to you, but those high-level switch cfgs are flagged by MM as being all sorts of broken. I had to go through and disable volumetrics manually.  All the better now that I've learned enough to maintain my own version of RSSVE/RSSC/CVO.

Speaking of which, here's the problem I'm having (with EVE at least): For some reason, all of my gas giant exoplanets seem don't seem to want to render EVE layers (at least not in map view). The most basic test case is my recreation of the Kerbol system in TRAPPIST-1 (now with all of the moons!) using the SVE textures and configs. Everything looks great and accepts additional layers just fine (auroras and lightning on Laythe!) with one huge exception: Jool. It just sits there, hazed over by scatterer, looking boring and dumb. I check the EVE menu and the layers are listed, but just not rendered. Any thoughts as to what's going on here? 

I'm not Phineas Freak but I believe the reason why your gas giants don't have clouds is because they do not have any PQS. I'm not sure why, but once you add a PQS configuration to Jool, the clouds will work.

Do this mod work with Making History Expansion dlc? When dlc is installed there is a crash while loading the menu. When I delete the dlc folder, everything works fine. At the moment I am not sure if this is my local problem, or is it official that it doesn't work together.

If it somehow helps: error.log

Edited by Miksus

25 minutes ago, Miksus said:

Do this mod work with Making History Expansion dlc? When dlc is installed there is a crash while loading the menu. When I delete the dlc folder, everything works fine. At the moment I am not sure if this is my local problem, or is it official that it doesn't work together.

The error log doesn’t really help. We need the output log.

also, please don’t post your whole log here, it causes issues for the forum. Upload to Dropbox and share the link here.

Sorry, I deleted those logs. I don't want to waste your time on my case. I wanted to report that there is a problem, so that you can fix it in the next version, if you want, of course :)I haven't seen anyone else report a problem with dlc, so it's possible that this is just my problem.  I will send this file, maybe it will help to fix the compatibility with dlc.
I reinstaled game and use only
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements with BoulderCo and of course Squad and SquadExpansion. Still the same problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2q6inmzwc9djet6/AADiwXkczRy1AeGKIfOaWseXa?dl=0
I do not want to spam my case, so thank you in advance :)

I have polish OS. The last errors says "An attempt was made to access the wrong address"  but you probably understood it anyway :)

Edited by Miksus

5 hours ago, Miksus said:

Sorry, I haven't bothered getting the DLC yet (contains nothing I want), so I can't look into this currently.

8 minutes ago, Waz said:

Sorry, I haven't bothered getting the DLC yet (contains nothing I want), so I can't look into this currently.

I use MH and haven't had a single issue :/ I can't figure out what is happening in his logs.