[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

Couple of earth relayed questions!!

I'm on ksp rss/ro and I'm using the correct eve and everything works correctly. I'm trying to tweak some of the visual settings to give a more realistic look... 

1. City lights do not work at all. I've tried different alpha maps and everything. Looks like the actual file for the city lights dark is almost completely black and no lights at all... Sorta like this... Instead in game it's just completely dark.

lead_720_405.png?mod=1533691878

2. I'm trying to create the earth glow effect and it seems to be very faint on the edges currently. I'm not sure what settings I need to tweak to increase this value. I try to switch them in game and haven't found the config that'll increase the glow. This image is what I'm talking about. The blue atmospheric glow 82241-curvature+of+earth.png

I'm using rss/ro and the rssve mod so I'm not sure if it has to be tweaked in the eve folder or rssve...im assuming since eve references rssve folder I need to look there... Im guessing some files need added...

On 10/15/2018 at 11:54 PM, therealcrow999 said:

This visual bug may be due to EVE needing update. But in this screen, the clouds in the background Kerbin flicker. 

nJv5vYw.jpg

I am using EVE with SVE config setup and Scatterer. I tried removing Scatterer and the same visual error happens.

Other than that, so far the mods are working fine. I haven't notice anything else to report at the moment.

I am getting this exact issue also

Edited by fireblade274

So, I've recompiled EVE for 1.5.1 to get rid of this cloud flickering/wrong displayed cloud shadow and @Waz kindly allowed me to share this version.
I haven't done any code changes and so far, everything works fine. Tested with: EVE-Stock-configs, SVE, SVT, PlanetShine and scatterer.
Everyone who experience any issues in 1.5.1, might want to give it a try as well:

https://github.com/4x4cheesecake/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.5.1.1

Apparently, this version got some issues in KSP 1.6.0 but the offical release for 1.4 works fine again!

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

On 11/3/2018 at 3:56 AM, Philaphlous said:

2. I'm trying to create the earth glow effect and it seems to be very faint on the edges currently. I'm not sure what settings I need to tweak to increase this value. I try to switch them in game and haven't found the config that'll increase the glow. This image is what I'm talking about. The

How did you make volumetric clouds???

17 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

So, I've recompiled EVE for 1.5.1 to get rid of this cloud flickering/wrong displayed cloud shadow and @Waz kindly allowed me to share this version.
I haven't done any code changes and so far, everything works fine. Tested with: EVE-Stock-configs, SVE, SVT, PlanetShine and scatterer.
Everyone who experience any issues in 1.5.1, might want to give it a try as well:

https://github.com/4x4cheesecake/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.5.1.1

Thanks for this!

7 hours ago, fireblade274 said:

Thanks @Cheesecake! it works, the clouds still flicker at main menu, and in orbital view they dont show up at all, but in flight they are there

this was the last mod stopping me from continuing in 1.5 :)

You pinged the wrong cheesecake :D

Well, I tried to find a fix for the mainmenu but I stopped looking for it after quiet some time since it is just the main menu :P

You got no clouds in orbital view? This should not happen (and doesn't happen to me). Which config do you use and do you have other visual mods installed?

5 hours ago, WillWam said:

Hi, I can't seem to find EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements on CKAN. Anyone know what's going on? I've also tried EVE.

Which version(s) of KSP are you setting in CKAN?  My CKAN is set for 1.4 and EVE v1.4.2-2 is there.  It's for a max KSP version of 1.4.9.

20 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

You pinged the wrong cheesecake :D

Well, I tried to find a fix for the mainmenu but I stopped looking for it after quiet some time since it is just the main menu :P

You got no clouds in orbital view? This should not happen (and doesn't happen to me). Which config do you use and do you have other visual mods installed?

Ah yes, I do love cheesecake.

I use the High textures version for the clouds, and I have the latest module manager.. Im not sure exactly what config your referring to. its been a min for me since ive played the game

Here are the mods I have installed:

·         Distant object

·         Easy vessel switch

·         EVE

·         KAS

·         Kerbal engineer

·         KIS

·         MJ2

·         Planet Shine

·         Scatterer

·         SVE

·         Trajectories

·         KAC

4 hours ago, fireblade274 said:

I use the High textures version for the clouds, and I have the latest module manager.. Im not sure exactly what config your referring to. its been a min for me since ive played the game

In this case, SVE wil provide the configs for EVE, that's fine so far ;)
Unfortunately, I cannot replicate your issue with these mods....do you mind to upload log file?

34 minutes ago, fireblade274 said:

Here is my output log if your still curious, but I just started the game up again this morning and for some reason the clouds now do show up in orbital view, which I am happy about :)

NO idea why they didnt show up that one time

Well, glad to hear it's working properly now :)
No need for the log in this case but FYI: The log you've posted is an old one from KSP 1.3.1 which wouldn't be any helpful at all. This happens quiet often since the location for the log changed in KSP 1.4, the correct directories (for each OS) are listed in this thread ;)  

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

On 11/3/2018 at 3:56 AM, Philaphlous said:

The blue atmospheric glow 82241-curvature+of+earth.png

I'm using rss/ro and the rssve mod so I'm not sure if it has to be tweaked in the eve folder or rssve...im assuming since eve references rssve folder I need to look there... Im guessing some files need added...

How did you get volumetric clouds???

Edited by alexus

8 minutes ago, alexus said:

How did you get volumetric clouds???

that looks like a real photo someone was just using for reference to describe his issue.

However, there has been talk of bump-mapped clouds from orbit to make them appear volumetric. @Waz have you just been waiting on people to supply more textures for you to work with?

2 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

that looks like a real photo someone was just using for reference to describe his issue.

However, there has been talk of bump-mapped clouds from orbit to make them appear volumetric. @Waz have you just been waiting on people to supply more textures for you to work with?

I have bump of clouds but how I can make cfg files? Where is the manual?

@Waz I'm a little confused as to how I'm supposed to install EVE configs, specifically the Para-Sci atmosphere pack. In the OP, it says to replace the sample 'BoulderCo' config folder with the one from the pack, but as far as I can see there is no 'BoulderCo' folder in the latest release's ZIP file. Am I just being dense?

Many thanks :D

Edited by RealKerbal3x

39 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Waz I'm a little confused as to how I'm supposed to install EVE configs, specifically the Para-Sci atmosphere pack. In the OP, it says to replace the sample 'BoulderCo' config folder with the one from the pack, but as far as I can see there is no 'BoulderCo' folder in the latest release's ZIP file. Am I just being dense?

Many thanks :D

BoulderCo is the folder for the default configs: he doesn't update those often, so you have to scroll down to a previous release to see the download link.