[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

2 hours ago, Nerdgamer2004 said:

Its says no config file for me.It has no clouds.

Can someone help me

Did you install the cfgs? There are default EVE cfgs that you have to install, or alternatively, you can use a visual pack like SVE, AVP and others. All of this and links are in the OP and in the instructions on GitHub.

Edited by Galileo

On 8/14/2018 at 2:28 PM, Waz said:

Anyone (@Galileo, @Gameslinx, @alexus, @Poodmund, ...) wanting to have a go at developing some bumpmap clouds, please use these files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SjfEAJDUh8a4RhapR_x6jFbQe-avGkwu?usp=sharing

Notes:

1. Copy the DLLs overwriting the previous ones.
  2. You will need a normal map image. If you use a DXTnm DDS, it should auto-detect. If you use a PNG, you will need to mark it as a normalmap - see the example texture.cfg
  3. See the example clouds.cfg for how to specify the BumpMap and BumpScale alongside the MainTex.
  4. Do not use Scatterer with the above DLLs, it uses it's own modified versions of the standard EVE shaders so you'll see nothing.
  5. I have only done minimal testing, with just @Gameslinx's images, YMMV. If it looks upside down or inside out, don't assume it's your images and not my code.

Enjoy! 

Can you make screenshot how it will be in result?

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

He did a couple posts before that one. 

Look at this

What am I doing wrong ?

gamedata:

BoulderCo with new cfg and textures of clouds

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements with new dlls

Edited by alexus

1 hour ago, alexus said:

Look at this

What am I doing wrong ?

gamedata:

BoulderCo with new cfg and textures of clouds

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements with new dlls

The new dll is just a dll, there is not a normal map included in the textures. Until someone takes advantage of the new features, you won’t see a difference.

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

The new dll is just a dll, there is not a normal map included in the textures. Until someone takes advantage of the new features, you won’t see a difference.

I do not understand you. I use texture and normal map of clouds. Can you make full gamedata with modification?

Edited by alexus

On 8/14/2018 at 2:28 PM, Waz said:

Anyone (@Galileo, @Gameslinx, @alexus, @Poodmund, ...) wanting to have a go at developing some bumpmap clouds, please use these files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SjfEAJDUh8a4RhapR_x6jFbQe-avGkwu?usp=sharing

Notes:

1. Copy the DLLs overwriting the previous ones.
  2. You will need a normal map image. If you use a DXTnm DDS, it should auto-detect. If you use a PNG, you will need to mark it as a normalmap - see the example texture.cfg
  3. See the example clouds.cfg for how to specify the BumpMap and BumpScale alongside the MainTex.
  4. Do not use Scatterer with the above DLLs, it uses it's own modified versions of the standard EVE shaders so you'll see nothing.
  5. I have only done minimal testing, with just @Gameslinx's images, YMMV. If it looks upside down or inside out, don't assume it's your images and not my code.

Enjoy!

It does not work :(

1 hour ago, alexus said:

It does not work :(

It's intended for mod devs who have already got experience developing EVE configs. Otherwise, it's best to wait for an official release.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The_8_Bit_Zombie said:

Does anyone know if a NVIDIA Quadro K2100M graphics card would be able to run EVE? Thanks!

That's pretty extreme low-end, so I'd advise against it. But you might want to try:

it says 1.2, but should still work with current version, as it is just configs.

Hey guys, you may not know me. I help the original author of EVE when it came out. I did the color codes for the clouds, mostly Duna and Laythe. I just got back into the game after many years. I notice the Laythe cloud color are the same as I had it, but at some point Duna when the author update the code or such, my original Duna color codes reset and they went back to white. So if you guys want a non-white clouds for Duna you guys can either use this file or change the color code to this:

You can manually change the clouds.cfg in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\BoulderCo\Atmosphere and put this color code in Dun-clouds1 _Color = 92,44,24,255 or you can just download my own clouds.cfg and replace it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1noaerwqXoHQyI618YUxdGipFafCe2kCw

What I originally wanted for Duna was more a Mars like experience, so I made the color of the clouds more dusty like, than something white with moisture. You won't notice the dust clouds at first, but if you look at the white poles as the dust clouds pass, you can see them. You will see them more for the surface of Duna, making it more of a Mars feeling. 

Here is some of my old Screenshots of my changes to cloud colors:

Duna2_zps868a99c5.png

Duna1_zps963521ff.png

Laythe1_zps7a721211.png

Laythe2_zpsf256a47f.png

I might at some point tweak Laythe colors a little more, but I hope you guys try out my Duna cloud colors and enjoy them, as I do.

Edited by therealcrow999

Hey I'm having a problem with getting EVE to work. Everything seems to work fine at first, but between around 50km to 150km in altitude, the clouds disappear. Everything else, however, is visible. The cloud shadows and city lights are fine, but the clouds disappear. I'm trying to use SVE right now, but the same happens when I use just the default BoulderCo configs.

Screenshot in game: https://imgur.com/a/io8kABP

I'm running KSP 1.3.1 with EVE 1.2.2.1, SVE 1.2.9.0 w/High Res Textures, Module Manager 3.0.4, and Kopernicus 1.3.1.7.

Screenshot of gamedata folder: https://imgur.com/a/6o7kLvx

Here are my logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji6fyoz6tpq3npu/KSP.log?dl=0

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

Does it work on 1.5?

Hide contents

I'm kidding. Hold the lamb sauce.

Or instead of lamb sauce, just try it. Someone on reddit already has and says "all visual mods work, so does KER".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.