[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

• 2 weeks later...

@Waz I really dont like the noise in universal time. It looks dumb anywhere noise is added to be frank.

It is most noticeable on the aurora, but I even on things like gas giants, it looks just as bad. I have to recommend reverting those changes or give us an option to disable the universal time for noise.

Here is the an aurora in SVE that in 1x timewarp, is a very subtle effect, but time warp any faster, and you get this unrealistic, water ripple effect that looks awful. 

Edited by Galileo

I'm no artists, but that looks fine to me - it looks like what I'd imagine auroras would look if sped up. What do we really need to fix this - maybe a "max speed"?

7 minutes ago, Waz said:

I'm no artists, but that looks fine to me - it looks like what I'd imagine auroras would look if sped up. What do we really need to fix this - maybe a "max speed"?

I tend to agree with you on this, however, for artistic license it could be handy to maybe add a toggle to use UT or not and/or a max speed like you have suggested.

9 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

I tend to agree with you on this, however, for artistic license it could be handy to maybe add a toggle to use UT or not and/or a max speed like you have suggested.

Is it a user setting, or a content config?

Currently, EVE doesn't have any user settings, but users have asked for it - eg. because they want to turn stuff off for better performance either permanently or just while flying some behemoth to orbit, so I'm totally OK with adding them.

1 minute ago, Waz said:

Is it a user setting, or a content config?

Currently, EVE doesn't have any user settings, but users have asked for it - eg. because they want to turn stuff off for better performance either permanently or just while flying some behemoth to orbit, so I'm totally OK with adding them.

I'd suggest to be able to add it on an Object level so that different layer objects can operate independently from each other... is that possible?

3 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

I'd suggest to be able to add it on an Object level so that different layer objects can operate independently from each other... is that possible?

Everything is possible :-). My concern is whether it's a personal preference (and so a user setting, probably global maxspeed) or something that varies with content (and so content config, and yes, probably per-object not global).

I hate to ask this.  But I did a clean 1.4-1 install.  ONLY installed module manager and EVE  (tried the CKAN and manual newest install).  It looks like nothing is loading.

No clouds.  Same problem with KSP 1.4-2,   but reverted for better compatibility with other mods.

I've never seen EVE not work before.  Anything else I can try?  thanks!

EDIT:  After some checking, I also don't have a config file - didn't see one in CKAN or the manual download.

Edited by enewmen

7 hours ago, enewmen said:

I hate to ask this.  But I did a clean 1.4-1 install.  ONLY installed module manager and EVE  (tried the CKAN and manual newest install).  It looks like nothing is loading.

No clouds.  Same problem with KSP 1.4-2,   but reverted for better compatibility with other mods.

I've never seen EVE not work before.  Anything else I can try?  thanks!

EDIT:  After some checking, I also don't have a config file - didn't see one in CKAN or the manual download.

I haven't been able to get EVE to work since 1.4. Neither installing via CKAN or via GITHUB works any longer. There don't seem to be any config files anymore.

I get clouds in 1.4.2, but from the VGA era it seems.
Did a clean install via CKAN today. Got the 1.2.2-1 config.

r6SWd57.png

not sure what now?

Tried SVE. Similar effect, although I think I can see some higher res textures in between the white blocks...

6kBJl6u.png

Edited by ShadowZone

21 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

KSP 1.4.2 + EVE 1.4.0-1 + SVE 1.3.0.2 works fine for me.  Don't know why y'all having problems. 

Ditto. Don't use CKAN - delete your existing folders, download everything from GitHub or SpaceDock or wherever, and install manually. 

48 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

Ditto. Don't use CKAN - delete your existing folders, download everything from GitHub or SpaceDock or wherever, and install manually. 

Ugh, that's bad advice. The average player doesn't install the right stuff without assistance. CKAN may be currently flaky, but it's at least a problem that can be solved once, not  again for every user.

5 hours ago, Space Cowboy Bob said:

I haven't been able to get EVE to work since 1.4. Neither installing via CKAN or via GITHUB works any longer. There don't seem to be any config files anymore.

The old configs are what you're supposed to use, as it says in the github documentation of the latest release. (my case in point)

Edited by Waz

17 hours ago, LameLefty said:

Which I did and which doesn't change a thing, the result is still the same blocky cloud, see above.

Not a single mod folder besides EVE and BoulderCo was present during my tests.

5 hours ago, Jack the Green Ghost said:

the textures are really bad i mean just like squares 

I think you mean to say that you messed up the installation, and could someone please help? Screenshots, versions of the mods and KSP, a pic of your gamedata folder, and generally following the "how to get support" guidelines at the top of the forum would be mighty helpful to get the effects working properly for you.

On 6.04.2018 г. at 10:30 PM, Krakatoa said:

I think you mean to say that you messed up the installation, and could someone please help? Screenshots, versions of the mods and KSP, a pic of your gamedata folder, and generally following the "how to get support" guidelines at the top of the forum would be mighty helpful to get the effects working properly for you.

I don't know I installed it as I installed it in ksp 1.3.1 and it worked just fine but now in ksp 1.4.2 its just so bad textures like blurred squares

On 4/4/2018 at 6:28 AM, Waz said:

Ugh, that's bad advice. The average player doesn't install the right stuff without assistance. CKAN may be currently flaky, but it's at least a problem that can be solved once, not  again for every user.

The old configs are what you're supposed to use, as it says in the github documentation of the latest release. (my case in point)

First, thanks Waz for taking over the maintenance - I totally appreciate!

After doing a clean install of KSP 1.4.2.2, I just did a normal CKAN install of EVE 1.4.0 and the 1.2.2 config file. Also installed the newest scatterer.  All works 100% with clouds, city lights, and all.   :D

On 8.4.2018 at 1:58 PM, enewmen said:

First, thanks Waz for taking over the maintenance - I totally appreciate!

After doing a clean install of KSP 1.4.2.2, I just did a normal CKAN install of EVE 1.4.0 and the 1.2.2 config file. Also installed the newest scatterer.  All works 100% with clouds, city lights, and all.   :D

Interesting detail:

On an "old" 1.4.0 savegame the clouds look blocky.

On a completely fresh savegame I just started in 1.4.2, the clouds look perfect. Is there any data related to EVE saved within the persistence.sfs file?

Oh and I would also like to thank Waz for continuing this mod! I can't imagine playing KSP without it anymore.

Edited by ShadowZone
wrong version

Im not sure if this is the right thread or should be in SVE or Scatterer, but I have an issue that the thermal effect around my ships is way excessive.  Here's what I mean.  How do I turn it down?

WdbPJkA.jpg

Edited by KSPNoob

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.