[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

1 hour ago, Waz said:

Or instead of lamb sauce, just try it. Someone on reddit already has and says "all visual mods work, so does KER".

Since I have a toaster and SVE melts my 670 how do I make my own cfg where I can make the planets appear to have light reflecting off of their atmospheres? i.e. give kerbin and laythe blueish skies visible from space

or do i need scatterer for that

looks like i do

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

This visual bug may be due to EVE needing update. But in this screen, the clouds in the background Kerbin flicker. 

nJv5vYw.jpg

I am using EVE with SVE config setup and Scatterer. I tried removing Scatterer and the same visual error happens.

Other than that, so far the mods are working fine. I haven't notice anything else to report at the moment.

Edited by therealcrow999

38 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

For all of the 5 seconds you spend on the Menu Title Screen... I would say that it's a pretty inconsequential bug.

ya, especially considering neither of the visual mods has been officially updated yet.

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

For all of the 5 seconds you spend on the Menu Title Screen... I would say that it's a pretty inconsequential bug.

I could careless either, I just report what I see. Could be other issues related, too. I am aware they haven't been official updated. I just report what I see when they are broken and move on.

45 minutes ago, BlueVapor1234 said:

I haven't been able to install the sample Configs correctly, I just don't know where they go.

:/ :huh:

We've all had installation problems at one point or another.

CKAN would help solve this for you.

If you're not using CKAN, then you manually install.  From the OP of this topic:

If you are installing manually, download the latest ZIP files from https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases and unpack them into your KSP directory. The zip files include the "GameData" directory and so this should merge with the same-named directory in your KSP installation, such that after installing, your KSP's GameData directory will contain the "Squad" directory shipped with the game, the "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements" directory which you just installed, and, if you installed the sample configs, a BoulderCo directory. Configs for other mods are generally shipped in their own directories.

If that doesn't make sense, then I suggest you post a screenshot of your GameData directory.

Edited by Brigadier

@Waz I had a dream once... I saw Kopernicus, Eve, Scatterer, KS3P, and a basic texture replacer all packaged and optimized into a single mod and maintained as a group effort.

Contents:

Any chance of that dream ever becoming reality? The goal would be a single cohesive graphical framework without implementation.

Edited by Electrocutor

5 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

@Waz I had a dream once... I saw Kopernicus, Eve, Scatterer, KS3P, and a basic texture replacer all packaged and optimized into a single mod and maintained as a group effort.

Contents:

Any chance of that dream ever becoming reality? The goal would be a single cohesive graphical framework without implementation.

Go for it. KSPRC was once exactly that kind of mod.

5 hours ago, Thorn_Ike said:

When can we expect a 1.5 compile?

It works well-enough as-is, from what I've tested, so I can't see myself getting around to any update just yet. If you mean CKAN version updates, you can tell them netKAN people that it works and they might update their files.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:44 AM, Waz said:

It works well-enough as-is, from what I've tested, so I can't see myself getting around to any update just yet. If you mean CKAN version updates, you can tell them netKAN people that it works and they might update their files.

Yeah, I don't use CKAN, and I tested it, so it seems good.

Thanks!

@Waz

Could you make a small change for me to cut out some null refs?

CloudPQS:

public override void OnSphereInactive()
        {
            CloudsManager.Log("CloudsPQS: (" + this.name + ") OnSphereInactive");
            if (layer2D != null)
            {
                layer2D.Scaled = true;
            }

if (!MapView.MapIsEnabled)
            {
                if (layerVolume != null)
                {
                    layerVolume.Remove();
                }
                volumeApplied = false;
            }
        }

Into:

{
            CloudsManager.Log("CloudsPQS: (" + (this.name == null ? "null" : this.name) + ") OnSphereInactive");
            if (layer2D != null)
            {
                layer2D.Scaled = true;
            }

if (MapView == null || !MapView.MapIsEnabled)
            {
                if (layerVolume != null)
                {
                    layerVolume.Remove();
                }
                volumeApplied = false;
            }
        }

Those are the only things I can see that would cause a null ref error in that method, which happens a lot.

Edited by Electrocutor

5 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

@Waz

Could you make a small change for me to cut out some null refs?

CloudPQS:

{
            CloudsManager.Log("CloudsPQS: (" + this.name + ") OnSphereInactive");
            if (layer2D != null)
            {
                layer2D.Scaled = true;
            }

if (!MapView.MapIsEnabled)
            {
                if (layerVolume != null)
                {
                    layerVolume.Remove();
                }
                volumeApplied = false;
            }
        }

Into:

{
            CloudsManager.Log("CloudsPQS: (" + (this.name == null ? "null" : this.name) + ") OnSphereInactive");
            if (layer2D != null)
            {
                layer2D.Scaled = true;
            }

if (MapView == null || !MapView.MapIsEnabled)
            {
                if (layerVolume != null)
                {
                    layerVolume.Remove();
                }
                volumeApplied = false;
            }
        }

Those are the only things I can see that would cause a null ref error in that method, which happens a lot.

I'd rather know why the MapView is null. When does this happen for you - when you change views or something?

4 hours ago, Waz said:

I'd rather know why the MapView is null. When does this happen for you - when you change views or something?

I put the MapView check in just in case. The exception has some Unity blah blah .get_name() in it, so it is likely that there are instances being created without a name.

Also: it happens all the time, seemingly randomly. New flights, just at KSC, while switch vessels, to/from the map or tracking station: I can't find a rhyme or reason. I also don't have a single definition that does not include name =, so there's that too.

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

Good day I have a question, does eve add dust storms or is that scatterer? 

Scatterer adds in that haziness to planets. I use SVE, which at the core is EVE with different configs that come from SVE. SVE (Stock Visual Enhancement) adds more clouds to Kerbin. 

If you use Kopernicus in SVE, you get rings around Jool.

If you use Scatterer and download it from CKAN, it should download the config files for Scatterer.

5 hours ago, Trekkie148 said:

@Waz could you make a video tutorial on how to make a custom cloud pack for kerbal space program please?

We don't even have proper text docs yet. :-(

4 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Good day I have a question, does eve add dust storms or is that scatterer? 

KSPRC once had dust storms on Duna, by some EVE magic.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.