[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

@Galileo Per the thread from the scatterer post  here's the output.log as requested - TIA

Realizing its probably EVE related, though tied to the clouds maybe?   Anyway, that's the message I get repeatedly in the console... 

Starting at line 2602 of the log, bolding is mine: 

[LOG 17:34:27.454] EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> System.MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found.
  at Atmosphere.CloudsPQS.Apply (System.String body, Atmosphere.CloudsMaterial cloudsMaterial, Atmosphere.Clouds2D layer2D, Atmosphere.CloudsVolume layerVolume, Single altitude, Vector3d speed, Vector3d detailSpeed, Vector3 offset, Matrix4x4 rotationAxis, Boolean killBodyRotation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsObject.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

39 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Ok you don't have the whole scatterer mod in your gamedata. You only have the .dll 

You need to download this and then add the dll you have to it. 

Thanks - so I did the replace, downloading the copy you linked to, triple checked I was adding to the right GameData, etc. and I'm still seeing the exact same behavior.  FWIW, my original install did include the entire scatterer subdirectory tree as well, not just the .dll.  I do know the install was successful, as the option to integrate with eve clouds in the scatterer config menu at launch was now available, whereas it had not been previously. 

I'd welcome any other thoughts if you have any - Here's the new player.log (I replaced the old one), if that's helpful at all.  - TIA

3 hours ago, kmb1611 said:

Thanks - so I did the replace, downloading the copy you linked to, triple checked I was adding to the right GameData, etc. and I'm still seeing the exact same behavior.  FWIW, my original install did include the entire scatterer subdirectory tree as well, not just the .dll.  I do know the install was successful, as the option to integrate with eve clouds in the scatterer config menu at launch was now available, whereas it had not been previously. 

I'd welcome any other thoughts if you have any - Here's the new player.log (I replaced the old one), if that's helpful at all.  - TIA

That log doesn't seem to open.

@kmb1611 it is either EVE or Scatterer at this point. Verify that you have the latest EVE binaries (work perfectly in KSP 1.2.1) and the latest Scatterer binaries. If these steps fail then it is time to:

• Unistall KSP and delete everything under your "SteamApps/Common/Kerbal Space Program" path.
  • Reinstall KSP.
  • Copy the KSP folder somewhere outside of the "SteamApps/Common" path.
  • Reinstall any mods.

12 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

@kmb1611 it is either EVE or Scatterer at this point. Verify that you have the latest EVE binaries (work perfectly in KSP 1.2.1) and the latest Scatterer binaries. If these steps fail then it is time to:

• Unistall KSP and delete everything under your "SteamApps/Common/Kerbal Space Program" path.
  • Reinstall KSP.
  • Reinstall any mods.

Im sure you can keep your saves by copying them

3 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

• Reinstall KSP.
  • Reinstall any mods.

Thanks all. I ended up re-installing KSP after clearing everything per @Phineas Freak's instructions above (and retaining my saves per @Program Kerbal Space), and that seems to have resolved the issue - scatterer + eve working beautifully now.  Really appreciate everybody's assistance, what an awesome community :) 

4 minutes ago, AlphaKerman said:

Does this mod compatible with ksp 64k rss? Because in the page it showed what looks like EVE with 64K kerbol system. I've tried it and it seems not to work. Maybe i miss something. 

http://www.kingtiger.co.uk/kingtiger/wordpress/2015/06/24/64k-a-scale-mod-for-ksp/

Thanks 

It will take more than just dropping it into your gamedata folder.  You will have to adjust all the cfgs so the clouds are scaled to the right height. You will also have to rename all of the nodes so that they reflect the planet you are trying to add clouds too.  Basically If you are trying to run 64k rss,  you will have to do some work to get it compatible. This is only compatible with the stock planets out of the box. 

1 minute ago, AlphaKerman said:

Well, i finally made it on rss. But does the cloud moving speed can be adjusted? Because it just a bit too fast on rss

it can.. you have to open the EVE GUI (alt+0) and set the speed and the detailspeed to fit your needs.. you may also need to change the noise values as well

15 hours ago, garwel said:

Hi, just letting you know that EVE is still marked as 1.2.0 in CKAN, which makes it incompatible.

It should be marked as 1.2.1-compatible now.

Edited by Waz

Hello @Waz,

would you consider renaming the EVE release files with a version numbering, so we don't have to compare download date on the last downloaded mod file with the current release date on github everytime? Obviously a convenience request, the mod works fine anyway :D

Thank you for keeping this alive :)

Edited by DaniDE

58 minutes ago, DaniDE said:

Hello @Waz,

would you consider renaming the EVE release files with a version numbering, so we don't have to compare download date on the last downloaded mod file with the current release date on github everytime? Obviously a convenience request, the mod works fine anyway :D

Thank you for keeping this alive :)

Gladly. The only reason I didn't for the first time I published it was to minimize change so that the CKAN update would be as smooth as possible.

How do I disable 3D clouds on Kerbin (making them 2D) without this glitch?  

http://imgur.com/a/fAgYO  

Here is what I am trying:  

Before:

http://sli.mg/0Bx8qt <-- This is my unmodifed config

After

http://imgur.com/a/2NA7i <- after I removed everything inbetween the brackets for layerVolume in Kerbin-MainClouds

35 minutes ago, OddFunction said:

How do I disable 3D clouds on Kerbin (making them 2D) without this glitch?  

http://imgur.com/a/fAgYO  

Here is what I am trying:  

Before:

http://sli.mg/0Bx8qt <-- This is my unmodifed config

After

http://imgur.com/a/2NA7i <- after I removed everything inbetween the brackets for layerVolume in Kerbin-MainClouds

You need to delete "layerVolume"  and the first 4 brackets underneath it. 

You could also open the in game EVE GUI and disable the layerVolume option in the cloud manager,  save and everything should be good. 

Edited by Galileo

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

You need to delete "layerVolume"  and the first 4 brackets underneath it. 

You could also open the in game EVE GUI and disable the layerVolume option in the cloud manager,  save and everything should be good. 

The first part worked first try.

For some reason, Alt + 0 never seems to work for me. Oh well. I'm just happy its resolved! 

Thanks again.

Hey, first off, congratz on the release! But now to my question, I'm trying to add cloud compatibility to Arkas:DevEdition for the next version, which is set to release this week. Problem is, the clouds look a bit... 'funky'.

ySgQubx.pngAnd that's only a mild case, in some cases it looks much worse. Any ideas as to what values could be the cause of this? I'm quite new to all those new features of EVE, you see.

1 hour ago, SpaceastronautX said:

Where is a version of EVE for KSP 1.2.0?

If there is something about the first page of this topic that you don't understand, please clarify.

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

Hey, first off, congratz on the release! But now to my question, I'm trying to add cloud compatibility to Arkas:DevEdition for the next version, which is set to release this week. Problem is, the clouds look a bit... 'funky'.

[picture] And that's only a mild case, in some cases it looks much worse. Any ideas as to what values could be the cause of this? I'm quite new to all those new features of EVE, you see.

I'm not really an expert in *using* EVE to get good looking clouds. It's also hard to know what you mean by "funky" in a static gif - I can't know what you *want* the clouds to look like - maybe weird brown clouds is normal for this planet. If you can post the cloud .cfg file you're using, I can take a closer look.

Edited by Waz

16 hours ago, Waz said:

I'm not really an expert in *using* EVE to get good looking clouds. It's also hard to know what you mean by "funky" in a static gif - I can't know what you *want* the clouds to look like - maybe weird brown clouds is normal for this planet. If you can post the cloud .cfg file you're using, I can take a closer look.

It's the cloud texture getting deformed a bit, as you can see the texture seems to have some kind of noise filter applied to it. I'm wondering if I can increase or decrease the strength of the effect.

But it doesn't really matter anyway, it's a new EVE feature to reduce pixel-clouds iirc, so I might as well make use of it and apply a new cloudmap that better utilizes this new feature.

@The White Guardian you are probably reffering to the UV noise animation feature. If you want, you can tweak that effect to your liking by:

• Opening the EVE GUI (Mod + Zero {0}).
  • Finding the "CloudsManager" entry using the top left and right buttons
  • Changing the values of the "UVNoiseScale", "UVNoiseStrength" & "UVNoiseAnimation" fields.

The default EVE config UV noise a bit more intense than it probably should be. But hey, everything can be (re)configured!

Edited by Phineas Freak