[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

19 minutes ago, TackleMcClean said:

Using:
EVE, Scatterer, SVE, SVT

Matt probably uses the old version of SVE (and also an older version of KSP). During the last update for 1.6.1 and the new scatterer, Galileo changed the Jool textures to create a diffrerent look. You can try to use the older textures if you prefer the "old" jool:

https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/1.0.7

You should compare the file names but I have the gut feeling, they will share the same name.

1 minute ago, ussoldier2002 said:

Hello. I just downloaded this mod and nothing is happening in game. There isn't much info on the readme other than where to put the files. I am on 1.7.1

Did you install a config for it as well? EVE doesn't do anything on it's own, it's the base for a few other mods like SVE but there is also a "stock" config:

Stock config for EVE:

https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.2.2-1

(These are two downloads, one for the config, the other for an old version of EVE. Grab just the config!)

SVE:

Or this one would be a lightweight config:

Just now, ussoldier2002 said:

I Dl'ed Stock Visual Enhancements 1.0.7. I am grabbing the config at the moment. Do I keep what I already dl'ed or do I need to delete it and just use the config?

You need both, EVE and a config so you have to keep what you already did :)

1 minute ago, ussoldier2002 said:

Sorry for all the questions but I am new to all of this.

Don't worry, everyone had to start at some point :) 

Is there a collection of configs somewhere preferably with screenshots?

I'm currently using an old config (1.2.2.1) i found somewhere, and i was wondering where people get their configs from. Or do i just play with the numbers in the settings menu until i'm happy with it, save the config then use it for all future versions?

11 minutes ago, Buflak said:

Is there a collection of configs somewhere preferably with screenshots?

I'm currently using an old config (1.2.2.1) i found somewhere, and i was wondering where people get their configs from. Or do i just play with the numbers in the settings menu until i'm happy with it, save the config then use it for all future versions?

Not that I know of, but a few are listed on the first page of this topic. Personally, I like to play with SVE, which I think is even slightly better performance-tuned than the sample/default one.

Edited by Waz

Does E.V.E. conflict with BoulderCo?  I can't tell if they try to do the same thing thus over-writing each other or fighting to apply their own thing.

Edited by jpinard

44 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Does E.V.E. conflict with BoulderCo?  I can't tell if they try to do the same thing thus over-writing each other or fighting to apply their own thing.

The BoulderCo directory is the Sample Configs shipped alongside EVE. The EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements directory is the plugin itself. The BoulderCo directory is not needed if you use a different config set such as that which SVE provides.

Edited by Waz

45 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Nope, they don't conflict. EVE is the mod which allows you to add clouds and stuff to your planets but without a config and a few textures, nothing will happen. BoulderCo provides these configs and textures so it actually depends on EVE. (Same applies to SVE, AVP, etc..)

edit: :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 6:12 AM, Hannil said:

That's true !

I just like to keep my mod in congruence with the current KSP's version haha!

Thank you again.

I'm not exactly sure what that means. I don't rebuild EVE unless it needs changes to work for the current KSP version. I update the first post of this thread if I've personally tested it adequately even if I haven't rebuilt it; as you can see, I haven't played for a while :-)

12 hours ago, Waz said:

I'm not exactly sure what that means. I don't rebuild EVE unless it needs changes to work for the current KSP version. I update the first post of this thread if I've personally tested it adequately even if I haven't rebuilt it; as you can see, I haven't played for a while :-)

It works well in 1.7.2 ^^

Anyone know what is causing this issue with cities?

They disappear if you centre them in the middle of the screen and come back as you move the camera away.

They also only appear when when you are controlling a craft, not in the tracking station screen.

This is 1.7.3, using the latest EVE and Astronomers visual  pack.

Screen shot has KS3P as well but it still happens without it too.

BBculS5.jpg

Edited by Spagoose

14 hours ago, EdwardB3020 said:

Several updates have passed now.

Just because the game is updated doesn't mean that a mod needs an update to work with the latest version. It might be worth just keeping a totally clean install of the game for mod testing purposes. Let's you check really quickly if a mod works with the latest version. 

Is it possible to disable or change the Hotkey of this mod? (Alt-0)

I am using the mod "Action Groups Extended" and EVE's hotkey is bad for this.

If there is no easy way to disable the Hotkey, can you tell me what file in the source code do I need to edit?

Please not that I'm not complaining here, I really like the mod!

Thank you for your support!

2 hours ago, Frank Einstein said:

If there is no easy way to disable the Hotkey, can you tell me what file in the source code do I need to edit?

It is hardcoded so you have to edit the source code and compile it on your own. The line of code you're looking for is this one:

https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/a60d4a54e374340e1c5cd3f2927d72a39b151b05/EveManager/GlobalEVEManager.cs#L126

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.