[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

2 hours ago, IanDHenderson said:

Hi Waz,

It says for 1.8 that it comes in two Zip files, however when clicking on the GitHub link above there only appears to be the 'EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.8.0.2.zip' plus the two source code files. However, I can see a '...-Configs-1.2.2.1.zip' download under the version 'Environmental Visual Enhancements 1.2.2-1'.

Am I missing something, being a bit thick, or is it ok to use the 1.2.2.1 config files?

Cheers

Ian

about 3 posts above yours is your answer ;)

I'm seeing some strange behavior out of my city lights. Namely, the "dark" texture that actually has the lights is rendering during the day when in flight. Any thoughts?

I'm running KSP 1.7.3 with RO, RP-1, and RSSVE. All of those have been heavily customized to implement detailed environments across a number of different star systems. I can provide cfg copies if needed.

I have a question regarding cloud movement. Is it possible to set it up such that a cloud will rotate its texture while also rotating around the body?

As in, say I have a triangle shaped cloud. Can I set it up so that it moves across the body, but as I do so it also rotates such that at some point in the body rotation the "point" of the triangle rotates 180 degrees?

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Check out the link in my signature for axially rotating EVE clouds @G'th :D

Yep it took a bit of tinkering but it works now. Fortunately for what I needed I didnt need to take the step of converting the texture into a cubemap. 

Now if I can figure out how to make cloud layers fade in and out periodically id really be in business. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have some requests as far as how the mods functionality could be improved, well, substantially. Now I will say I have very little coding knowledge so as far as how difficult any of this would be to implement I would be completely ignorant to. But that being said, not being able to do these things has frustrated the things I've wanted to do with EVE

• _DetailTex Changes: Currently, the detail texture is not implemented too well unless you just want a static, opaque texture to take its place. Which is fine for when you need that, but if you want to do a rotating detail texture and/or a texture with a non-uniform opacity (IE, slowly fades from 100% to 0% opacity or just cuts straight to 0%) it is near impossible to get the texture to move in a way that looks good, and thats presuming you can get the texture to stop tiling in strange ways. So what would be nice to see here is some settings on how often the texture tiles as well as a better integration of the detail textures opacity with the host texture. If the detail texture has gone 0% transparent, then the host texture should go transparent as well. As far as what you could do with these, this would be most obviously suited to something like a hurricane, where you can have the detail texture controlling the general spin of the eye and the inner storm structure independently from the overall rotation of the storm texture. 

• Cloud Variation Control: What would be even more amazing than above would be the ability to set up each cloud layer to have certain settings within it fluctuate over time. Settings like opacity, speeds, and even altitude or color could be set up to fluctuate to provide different looks to the clouds themselves as game time progresses. And beyond the current settings available, having the ability to control the size of the cloud layer relative to the host body would be a good addition here. Ideally, you'd be able to set up a maximum point and a minimum point for each setting and as time progresses it would fade back and forth between these points, and I think having a delay setting controlling when the setting "loop" starts again would be ideal. And what this would all do would provide the ability to do dynamic cloud systems. Rather than having one giant, static cloud map you could instead control each individual cloud structure and have them dynamically change over time. Coupled with already present speed and uv noise settings and you could have a body that only rarely has the same "cloud map" twice. And even if a user opts to skip going for the full dynamic clouds bit, having these settings available would go a long way to making the monolithic cloud maps a lot more lively. 

• Volumetric Render Range: I do know that this has been requested before and I also understand how hard hitting volumetrics are to performance just as they are now. However, I think for those that wish to utilize them (IE me and anyone else who just wants to be a graphics um, "w" word) it would be nice to be able to tweak how far out the volumetrics render. Though now I think on it more I do realize that the current render range may actually be a limitation of KSP. If so then ignore this one, but if not, even just a 25% increase in that range would be awesome to help blend volumetrics into the 2D layers. 

And thats it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Imo it would be easier for people if you added the config from 1.2.2 to the latest version because it can be a bit confusing when you say 2 files are required. I had to read the post 3 times before I saw the part that says the configs from 1.2 are compatible. I guess most people use ckan to be fair but for the manual installers it would be easier. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ioannes_Dallasinos said:

Well i use Real Solar System and i run KSP 1.7.3 but the config needed for EVE to work is Real Solar System Visual Enhancements or something like that but the latest available version of it is for KSP 1.2. So if i get it right you cant have EVE with RSS for KSP 1.7.3 right? 

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RSSVE-Installation-Instructions

The reference list of wich version to use with what ksp version is on the bottom of the page

Most recent version from Github  + clean KSP 1.8.1 with MM gives errors in log:

[LOG 00:17:17.836] Load(Assembly): /ModuleManager.4.1.3
[LOG 00:17:17.836] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.856] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'ModuleManager' V2.5.0
[LOG 00:17:17.856] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/Atmosphere
[LOG 00:17:17.856] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\Atmosphere.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.857] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/CelestialShadows
[LOG 00:17:17.857] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\CelestialShadows.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.858] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/CityLights
[LOG 00:17:17.858] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\CityLights.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.858] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/EVEManager
[LOG 00:17:17.858] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\EVEManager.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.859] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/PartFX
[LOG 00:17:17.859] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\PartFX.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.860] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/PQSManager
[LOG 00:17:17.860] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\PQSManager.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.860] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/ShaderLoader
[LOG 00:17:17.860] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\ShaderLoader.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.861] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/Terrain
[LOG 00:17:17.861] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\Terrain.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.861] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/TextureConfig
[LOG 00:17:17.861] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\TextureConfig.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.862] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/Utils
[LOG 00:17:17.862] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\Utils.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.863] Load(Assembly): EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/Plugins/_BuildManager
[LOG 00:17:17.863] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Games\KSP\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\_BuildManager.dll
[LOG 00:17:17.864] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[ERR 00:17:17.925] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EVEManager, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 00:17:17.925] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: EVEManager, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 00:17:17.926] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Utils, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 00:17:17.926] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: Utils, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

-----------

Lisias' solution works for eve too http://ksp.lisias.net/blogs/tech-support/TweakScale/KSP-1.8-Issues

You just have to move problematic assemblies into GameData root

Edited by Ravien
solution found

1 hour ago, mindseyemodels said:

so what do I type that into?

paste it into any text file, give it a .cfg extension and stick it anywhere in your GameData folder. Also of course make sure you have Module Manager installed

1 hour ago, mindseyemodels said:

and just doing that will give a terrain un-marred by cities? because I really don't like the look of the cities

Yes, and it will ensure that no matter what visual pack you install you will never see cities. You could of course always remove the folders that contain the textures and configs but then you always have to do that when you update or change out visual packs or whatever

4 hours ago, dok_377 said:

Looks like the ultra shader for Kerbin kind of broke clouds. I'm getting some overlaying, it seems. 

<snip>

Yeah, the "ultra" shader is probably what's going to cause most 1.9 incompatibility. Still --  it looks great (aside from the visual hiccups)