[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

On 2/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, dok_377 said:

Looks like the ultra shader for Kerbin kind of broke clouds. I'm getting some overlaying, it seems. 
eOQ1Sua.gif

Something very weird going on with the depth buffer. I've tried to investigate but to no avail. For now, stop zooming out so damned much :-)

4 hours ago, Waz said:

Something very weird going on with the depth buffer. I've tried to investigate but to no avail. For now, stop zooming out so damned much :-)

It's not the zoom that's doing that. You just need to be below the scaled space change altitude of 160 km. I zoomed out to show the effect fully. 

12 hours ago, Louis93 said:

I just downloaded and installed this manually, i've got the EVE toolbar icon but it's saying I've got no configs, need help please

The latest versions don't come with configs. You can get them from one of the older versions, or do what most people do and add "stock visual enhancements" textures and configs on top of EVE.

2 hours ago, Dafni said:

Do you know if the SVE configs (for EVE and scatterer) will work in KSP 1.8.1?

SVE or any other config will work if EVE is updated to needed version, because SVE is just a config with new textures and some code, while EVE is the basis mod with a lot of code.

1 minute ago, WallHaxx said:

Does anyone have the new scatterer working with 1.9? I'm having black sky/no water bug, but I'm still testing.

First of all, wrong thread. This is the EVE thread, Scatterer has its own one.

Then, you know something I missed? Last time I checked Scatterer has not yet updated, the dev explicitly stated that 1.9 broke it. A bit of patience maybe?

1 minute ago, Dafni said:

First of all, wrong thread. This is the EVE thread, Scatterer has its own one.

Then, you know something I missed? Last time I checked Scatterer has not yet updated, the dev explicitly stated that 1.9 broke it. A bit of patience maybe?

Some people had it working. Just figured I'd ask here since there's overlap and I'm not 100% sure if there aren't conflicts. Eve was breaking for people two. Just trying to get all the info I can.

1 hour ago, dok_377 said:

Are you sure? This doesn't seem minor at all. 
2nc5MaD.gif

Well that depend on your perspective. Compared with Scatterer this is very minor - scatterer gives black sky, and no ocean, and probably more! Hence, mods could be much more broken, defective... I think this is a minor visual bug, that only show up in certain situations, so the game is still improved a lot by EVE, even with these bugs.

--> That is why I see this as minor.

Hi,

I'm fairly sure you experts will know what's going on here.

1.9.1  Eve, no scatterer yet, waiting on update.

If I'm looking outside my station, at first I thought the clouds were black, but in fact I'm actually just seeing only the shadows, if I zoom away from my station (or other spacecraft, using kerbin as example here) at some point the actual clouds then render, but zooming back in they go away.

It also appers that if I rotate the view, towards the horizon, the clouds appear outside a certain view radius...

Any suggestions?

Edited by RW-1

On 2/23/2020 at 2:38 PM, Warezcrawler said:

Well that depend on your perspective. Compared with Scatterer this is very minor - scatterer gives black sky, and no ocean, and probably more! Hence, mods could be much more broken, defective... I think this is a minor visual bug, that only show up in certain situations, so the game is still improved a lot by EVE, even with these bugs.

--> That is why I see this as minor.

yeah, compared with scatterer this is minor, in itself it is not minor, that's like saying a car with a broken engine is a minor problem because somewhere out there is a car that is totaled and burning

52 minutes ago, BasilTBL said:

yeah, compared with scatterer this is minor, in itself it is not minor, that's like saying a car with a broken engine is a minor problem because somewhere out there is a car that is totaled and burning

Or minor because the game is still completely playable, and still much improved by this mod, yet it has some minor glitches...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.