[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

The original eve had a folder called boulder co in it that held the  clouds and city lights config i believe, I think you maybe able to find a download within this topics pages but i would be wary using it maybe someone with infinetely more experience maybe able to comment

Edited by Virtualgenius

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 7:52 PM, Travelbysakura said:

Does EVE happen to work on 1.9.1 on an iMac? (I am unsure of the bit type but I can always check if need be) I've checked ingame and there appears to be no clouds unless I happen to install AVP or any of these other mods, but I've been looking for a solution without these mods.

EVE is a parent mod that doesn't actually add clouds itself- it simply adds the framework. You have to install a mod like AVP/Spectra/SVE, that add config files and textures in order for the clouds to show up in game. Virtualgenius is correct though, there is a 'default' config that was created by rbray89 and waz which you could install if you want but its hard to find unless you unstall via CKAN. To get it you can search for "Environmental Visual Enhancements - Stock Planet Config files" in CKAN and install that.

Why is it that you don't want to use AVP or other mods, though? They're the same type of mod as the default configs, but they are far more detailed, and optimized.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Hello, everybody!

Some time ago I started to try to fix EVE_TERRAIN part. I've managed to fix texture loading (partially?), it seems they are loading ok, but stretching on the whole Kerbin (and Earth in RSS too).
Does anybody know what can cause it? Is there a good tutorial for terrain shaders?

Screenshots: Win10, KSP 1.8.1 x64, EVE 1.8.0.2, launched without parameters

Spoiler

oRGwx51.jpg

KVG3bWl.jpg

xUHGabx.jpg

Hello everyone, I have a bug, and I am not sure if it is something in the config file, or if it something else. Basically only the alpha channel for clouds works. I am getting nothing but a thick sheet of white across the entirety of kerbin if I choose anything other than ALPHAMAP_A. I have messed with the config settings with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

GfHaL9d.png

Not sure if I'm missing something but my installation of EVE didn't come with any cloud configs or anything at all really, just a hazy atmosphere in the map view (which looks better, yes, but no clouds), I also installed Scatterer in case that helps figure out what's wrong. Yes, I'm using KSP 1.9.1, all of my mods are up to date (got lots of mods, nothing that messes with the atmosphere though other than this and Scatterer)

I may have figured it out, says I'm supposed to get 2 .zip files, one of which is a config, however I only got one (the plugin) so I went back to an earlier release of EVE and grabbed a config from that, hopefully fixed my issue, I'm restarting rn

On 5/16/2020 at 10:37 AM, BIOZ said:

Hello, everybody!

Some time ago I started to try to fix EVE_TERRAIN part. I've managed to fix texture loading (partially?), it seems they are loading ok, but stretching on the whole Kerbin (and Earth in RSS too).
Does anybody know what can cause it? Is there a good tutorial for terrain shaders?

Screenshots: Win10, KSP 1.8.1 x64, EVE 1.8.0.2, launched without parameters

Reveal hidden contents

oRGwx51.jpg

KVG3bWl.jpg

xUHGabx.jpg

What is EVE_Terrain? how is it different than what you can do with Kopernicus?

2 hours ago, Nightside said:

What is EVE_Terrain? how is it different than what you can do with Kopernicus?

EVE_TERRAIN is a part of EVE mod which adds details to the surface of planets. It was broken with 1.2 or 1.3 patch.
The main difference I found is that Kopernicus overrides PQS textures only, but EVE_TERRAIN works with ScaledSpace too. Maybe technically it is not correct, but anyway you could see detailed surface from high space.
My old screenshots back from ksp 1.1:

Spoiler

fwZkln1.jpg

Vmu7C0D.jpg

BWXrLly.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before.  I did try to look, but the search engine doesn't like when I use URLs, so it was hard to look for it.

These are the "default" config mentioned in the first post, correct?
https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/tree/master/ContentConfigs/GameData/BoulderCo

https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/eve-environmental-visual-enhancements/files/2538706

I installed the EVE GameData folder and it didn't include a BoulderCo folder, so I'm guessing these are the "up to date" version of that config?   I'm not super committed to that one, but all of the other configs mentioned seem to be incompatible with version 1.8.x.  So I'll be going with the default.

Hello everyone. Found a link to this thread in an article suggesting mods for KSP. I've read the author introduction but I've no idea where to find the donwloadable zip files. here  there's code but not a clear link to the two Zip files I should download as mentioned by the author.  Same way I didn't find any clear installation/setup procedure. 

Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by Joe Kerbal

On 6/4/2020 at 6:42 AM, Moose said:

Guess the question is, what exactly is broken on 1.9.1? I'm running that version and I see no issues short of what was broken in 1.2/1.3?

Same here - no issues on 1.9.1 with EVE. What are others seeing? Am I just missing the problem?

56 minutes ago, panarchist said:

Same here - no issues on 1.9.1 with EVE. What are others seeing? Am I just missing the problem?

So it's the clouds disappearing when you zoom out, which is "fixed" if you use Scatterer it seems, but the default implementation is broke.

I was speaking with @Waz on Reddit and may have come up with a solution. In the process of cloning the repo now to see if my suspicions are correct.

2 hours ago, Moose said:

So it's the clouds disappearing when you zoom out, which is "fixed" if you use Scatterer it seems, but the default implementation is broke.

I was speaking with @Waz on Reddit and may have come up with a solution. In the process of cloning the repo now to see if my suspicions are correct.

Ah, ok - that makes sense, especially your explanation on Reddit. I use Scatterer, so that's exactly why I'm not seeing the issue.

Given all the changes Squad has made, I am amazed that EVE still works, and that Waz can keep it functional. Kudos to him and to the original dev.

Is it possible to somehow lower the height of the clouds? It seems to me that they are too high, almost in the stratosphere, which greatly spoils the picture. This problem is solved by increasing Kerbin in the amount of x2.5. But what about stock status?

Edited by OOM

5 hours ago, OOM said:

Is it possible to somehow lower the height of the clouds? It seems to me that they are too high, almost in the stratosphere, which greatly spoils the picture. This problem is solved by increasing Kerbin in the amount of x2.5. But what about stock status?

look in the cloud config file. It's the "altitude" parameter and it is in meters

Hazy Morning

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.