[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

Imagine installing an EVE dependent graphic mod that you know it works really well, and you try to modify it by importing other graphic mods config, and rewriting all texture paths correctly, only to get errors. So you delete the configs from the other mod and reinstalling the graphic mod, and you realize, EVE is now unable to parse _tex and _maintex, despite you also reinstalled EVE. Please fix this

I am testing my install on 1.10.1.

EVE generated the following error during loading:

loading Crash Report
NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
  at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.get_Location () [0x00006] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at _BuildManager._BuildManager+<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<logVersion>b__0 (System.Reflection.Assembly x) [0x00000] in <caa8a9a07bbf48af914d3a76740b33a6>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectArrayIterator`2[TSource,TResult].ToList () [0x00019] in <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x0001f] in <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0 
  at _BuildManager._BuildManager.logVersion () [0x0005c] in <caa8a9a07bbf48af914d3a76740b33a6>:0 
  at _BuildManager._BuildManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <caa8a9a07bbf48af914d3a76740b33a6>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
<LoadObjects>d__88:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutineManaged2(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<CreateDatabase>d__69:MoveNext()
GameDatabase:StartLoad()
<LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
LoadingScreen:Start()

I have uninstalled EVE for now.  It's an odd exception which I've never seen before, makes me nervous

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I am testing my install on 1.10.1.

EVE generated the following error during loading:

~snip~

I have uninstalled EVE for now.  It's an odd exception which I've never seen before, makes me nervous

I'm getting another exception on my end with _BuildManager. Though it isn't crashing my game:

[EXC 15:58:20.845] NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
    System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.get_Location () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    _BuildManager._BuildManager+<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<logVersion>b__0 (System.Reflection.Assembly x) (at <caa8a9a07bbf48af914d3a76740b33a6>:0)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectArrayIterator`2[TSource,TResult].ToList () (at <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) (at <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0)
    _BuildManager._BuildManager.logVersion () (at <caa8a9a07bbf48af914d3a76740b33a6>:0)
    _BuildManager._BuildManager.Awake () (at <caa8a9a07bbf48af914d3a76740b33a6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    <LoadObjects>d__88:MoveNext()
    <CreateDatabase>d__69:MoveNext()
    GameDatabase:StartLoad()
    <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
    LoadingScreen:Start()

I also had a strange bug which seriously screwed up all of my atmospheres but I wasn't able to get any pictures or log files sadly so I can't say that its related to this.

EDIT: I also acknowledge that EVE is still marked as 1.8 and I'm running 1.10.1 :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I've looked at the code.  The single exception listed above in both my post and @Avera9eJoe's post:

NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
  at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.get_Location () [0x00006] in 

is annoying, but harmless, it can be safely ignored.  It is used to get some data to write to the log file

Today, I tried adding clouds and auroras to my planet in ksp, but it doesn't seem to work. I've checked and double checked my code, and everything seems alright, but ingame, it does nothing. I went into the EVE settings, and below the configs, it just says "Invalid Name". I've checked the log, and nothing seems wrong, no warnings or anything. What am I doing wrong? Here's the code:

EVE_CLOUDS
{

OBJECT
	{
		name = Valor_Auroras
		body = Valor
		speed = 0,100,0
		detailSpeed = 0,10,10
		altitude = 70000
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 3
			_UVNoiseScale = 0.4
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.0025
			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.07,0.07
			_Color = 0,100,255,50
			_DistFadeVert = 1E-02
			_DetailDist = 1E-09
			_MainTex
			{
				value = Valor/EVE/Textures/GGAurora
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = Valor/EVE/Textures/GGAuroraDetail
			}
			_UVNoiseTex
			{
				value = Valor/EVE/Textures/uvnoise1
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_MinLight = 0.5
				_FalloffPow = 5
				_FalloffScale = 5
				_RimDistSub = 0.00001
				_RimDist = 0.00001
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Valor_Clouds
		body = Valor
		speed = 0,0,0
		altitude = 10
		offset = 0,180,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 16
			_DetailDist = 0.2E-06
			_UVNoiseScale = 0.02
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.002
			_UVNoiseAnimation = -0.002,0.0
			_DistFadeVert = 1E-02
			_Color = 350,350,350,255
			_MainTex
			{
				value = Valor/EVE/Textures/Valor_Clouds
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = Valor/EVE/Textures/GasDetail2
			}
			_UVNoiseTex
			{
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Valor_Lightning
		body = Valor
		altitude = 11
		detailSpeed = 10,-750000,10
		speed = 0,-3000,0
		offset = 10,0,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 0.15
			_DetailDist = 0
			_Color = 255,255,255,750
			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.1500000006,0.150000003
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.0008000001
			_MainTex
			{
				value = Valor/EVE/Textures/lightning
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = Valor/EVE/Textures/lightning
			}
			_UVNoiseTex
			{
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_MinLight = 1
			}
		}
	}

}

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal

16 hours ago, BIOZ said:

Hi. Recently I posted my fix here. I tried to fix another stuff, but I did fix some part of the code corresponding to texture loading. Maybe it will work for you too. Fix is written on ksp 1.8.1.

https://yadi.sk/d/FQXxHCUMVEXQeg

You only need 'Utils.dll'.

How do I import the fix?

For me the engine exhaust has a graphical bug with the clouds, it's like the clouds overlap the exhaust and it's super dim (even when I'm well above the clouds). When looking at space it's fine.

Also in the main menu the clouds are on top of the text.

Edited by fatfluffycat

1 hour ago, fatfluffycat said:

For me the engine exhaust has a graphical bug with the clouds, it's like the clouds overlap the exhaust and it's super dim (even when I'm well above the clouds). When looking at space it's fine.

Also in the main menu the clouds are on top of the text.

My branch fixes this.

https://github.com/R-T-B/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

I really didn't want it to come to this, but...

This mod is quintessential to the KSP ecosystem, and is aparently abandoned other than @BIOZ's latest work.  I assume your work is open domain, @BIOZ?  If so, I will be integrating it into my tree and excercising a community takeover of eve, since my build has been the only one working right (right being mostly bugfree) for quite some time.

I can open a new thread if desirable.  There'll be a proper 1.10.x release today.  @BIOZ, I can add you as a github contributor if you'd like, given you are obviously capable (and I'm overtaxed with Kopernicus as is).

Anyways, until I have time to make a thread, get releases here:

https://github.com/R-T-B/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

There'll be a true 1.10.1 ready one in a few minutes. (with @BIOZ's fixes, if he objects I will take down).  I also integrated the cloud fixes mentioned above that i've had fixed for months now.

PS:  This project is a lower priority on my totem pole than Kopernicus, and as such, I'd really like someone to consider adopting it other than me.  I'm just doing what must be done for now.

Edited by R-T-B

5 hours ago, BIOZ said:

Hi, @R-T-B! Thanks, I'm relatively new to Unity, but I think I'll be able to manage terrain feature, so please add me as contributor :)

https://github.com/BiozTech

Glad to do so!  As mentioned in my release thread, it's a lot to do on my own, so help is welcome!  Thanks for the contributions!

EDIT:   You have a pending invite.  Only thing I ask is that you make your work in a separate branch before a release, where possible, to prevent overlaps.  That should be easy on github.  And if it's too complicated, no biggie either as I likely won't do much but update builds.

Edited by R-T-B

@R-T-B I was having this annoying bug with the Waz EVE on 1.10.1:

When I'm between 130 to 150km orbit around Kerbin the clouds disappear but its shadows still remain. I also tested it on Laythe and it's happening in the same altitude, though the clouds are disappearing on a specific spot.

So I tried your branch and the bug is still there. This was happening with Sci-Fi so I tried installing another config and installed Spectra. It still happens so I'm thiking its EVE.  I don't have any other graphics mods installed.

What could it be? I've never had any major issues with mods so I'm kinda new to this so.... If there are any needed logs, where do I find it? Heres my GameData folder

53 minutes ago, Lightsworn said:

@R-T-B I was having this annoying bug with the Waz EVE on 1.10.1:

When I'm between 130 to 150km orbit around Kerbin the clouds disappear but its shadows still remain. I also tested it on Laythe and it's happening in the same altitude, though the clouds are disappearing on a specific spot.

So I tried your branch and the bug is still there. This was happening with Sci-Fi so I tried installing another config and installed Spectra. It still happens so I'm thiking its EVE.  I don't have any other graphics mods installed.

What could it be? I've never had any major issues with mods so I'm kinda new to this so.... If there are any needed logs, where do I find it? Heres my GameData folder

It's probably a shader issue.  Any thoughts, team?  @BIOZ

Hi, @Lightsworn! I tried to recreate your bug, but the bug I encountered is only this:

Spoiler

eOmV2Sc.gif

I've tried to recreate it on KSP 1.10.1, Spectra 1.4.0, scatterer 0.0621c, R-T-B's Kopernicus 1.10 Release 19.

Spectra requires installed scatterer. I see you don't have scatterer folder in your GameData. Did you test EVE with it?

Edited by BIOZ

On 8/11/2020 at 2:59 PM, R-T-B said:

This mod is quintessential to the KSP ecosystem, and is aparently abandoned other than @BIOZ's latest work.  I assume your work is open domain, @BIOZ?  If so, I will be integrating it into my tree and excercising a community takeover of eve, since my build has been the only one working right (right being mostly bugfree) for quite some time.

I can open a new thread if desirable.  There'll be a proper 1.10.x release today.  @BIOZ, I can add you as a github contributor if you'd like, given you are obviously capable (and I'm overtaxed with Kopernicus as is).

Anyways, until I have time to make a thread, get releases here:

https://github.com/R-T-B/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

There'll be a true 1.10.1 ready one in a few minutes. (with @BIOZ's fixes, if he objects I will take down).  I also integrated the cloud fixes mentioned above that i've had fixed for months now.

OK to put this on CKAN? Looks OK except for the missing version file.

On 8/18/2020 at 6:32 PM, BIOZ said:

Hi, @Lightsworn! I tried to recreate your bug, but the bug I encountered is only this:

Reveal hidden contents

eOmV2Sc.gif

I've tried to recreate it on KSP 1.10.1, Spectra 1.4.0, scatterer 0.0621c, R-T-B's Kopernicus 1.10 Release 19.

Spectra requires installed scatterer. I see you don't have scatterer folder in your GameData. Did you test EVE with it?

On Spectra's page it is stated that scatterer isn't a requirement. It's even suggested to not use it if perfomance is an issue. Anyways, I also tested with Sci-Fi Visual Enhancements which all dependecies are bundled and scatterer isn't there (but is compatible with) and the bug still happens. BUT when scatterer is installed it does go away with both Sci-Fi and Spectra. So i'm pretty confused right now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.