[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]

Waz

1 hour ago, Lightsworn said:

On Spectra's page it is stated that scatterer isn't a requirement.

Huh. That's strange because in the installation zip scatterer is included to dependencies.

1 hour ago, Lightsworn said:

So i'm pretty confused right now.

Yeah, me too. Right now I have a few ideas where to look for this bug, but nothing to promise. I think we'll have to stick to scatterer for some time.

Here is the bug you've mentioned, right?

Spoiler

A7KN0Ag.gif

EVE noob here... I have EVE 1.10.1-1 and stock config EVE-1.2.2-1 from CKAN. Kerbin looks great but Eve is a solid purple sphere. Config editor says:

No config! Please add a config with the content of "EVE_ATMOSPHERE{}" to populate.

No config! Please add a config with the content of "EVE_TERRAIN{}" to populate.

OK how?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Entropian said:

You're in the wrong thread.  The new EVE is here:

The one linked above works with 1.10.1.

Just FYI:  There's also a performance optimized build by blackrack, but it requires scatterer.  Use either.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with clouds sometimes. After playing for a while, they suddenly disappear from map view, and in ship view, they are kind of "attached" to the ship, while Kerbin rotates beneath them. They also seem to have lost the spherical shape. It's as if the cloud image would be shown fullscreen between my ship and Kerbin. Not sure if it is related, but my logs are full of this:

QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be colinear.

Edited by infinite_monkey

12 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I have a problem with clouds sometimes. After playing for a while, they suddenly disappear from map view, and in ship view, they are kind of "attached" to the ship, while Kerbin rotates beneath them. They also seem to have lost the spherical shape. It's as if the cloud image would be shown fullscreen between my ship and Kerbin. Not sure if it is related, but my logs are full of this:

QuickHullConvexHullLib::findSimplex: Simplex input points appers to be colinear.

You shouldn't be using this build anymore unless on 1.8 or earlier.  If you are using later, check out the new one that pairs with scatterer by blackrack (currently stickied).  If you must avoid scatterer, try my fork here:

https://github.com/R-T-B/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

12 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

and in ship view, they are kind of "attached" to the ship

This is a typical symptom of having jumped to a ship flight scene without using the tracking station but any mod's "jump to ship" feature.
Afaik it's a stock bug.

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

You shouldn't be using this build anymore unless on 1.8 or earlier.  If you are using later, check out the new one that pairs with scatterer by blackrack (currently stickied).  If you must avoid scatterer, try my fork here:

https://github.com/R-T-B/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

Sorry, you're right, wrong thread - I'm on your fork already. Maybe this thread should be locked?

42 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

This is a typical symptom of having jumped to a ship flight scene without using the tracking station but any mod's "jump to ship" feature.
Afaik it's a stock bug.

Interesting, never paid attention to that. Is this also known to happen when switching ship from the map view? I'm using Easy Vessel Switch, as well as Kerbal Alarm Clock and Kerbalism, so this might very well be the reason.

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

It does not matter which mod or from where - as long as it's not the stock jump to ship from Tracking Station.

Oh yeah, that bug!  Surprised I did not catch he's talking about that.  It's been around a while, unfortunately.  I think since like 1.7 or earlier.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There community I need an expert comment. on this one:

I am using EVE with SVE and all is managed by CKAN.  Scatterer is also installed but I have a persistent problem.

The First time I install it, it works just fine. I do my flights and missions and everything is fine. And when I quit and restart the game again I find all clouds and effects are gone. When I click on the EVE icon, none of the tabs are functional (athmosfere, clousd etc) and they all say "No config file, go and define a config file" etc. But there are actually all the files it needs in the BoulderCo folder ? So I uninstall it and re-install it with CKAN. Following this procedure It works (sometimes it wont but a couple of tries brings it back) and then another day it does the same?!?

I tried AVP and same thing happens, First time it works great but when coming back another game it is gone. 

I also tried Spectra and Weimaraner's Scifi VE , all same. 

Scatterer effects are all there with effects and all although no clouds are present albeit great Ocean shaders are there all the time. But interestingly Scatterer "Integrate with EVE clouds" when deactivating them brings clouds back sometimes the other way works. 

What the hell is going on? 

Edited by Mentatt76

1 hour ago, Mentatt76 said:

What the hell is going on? 

Good question. Link a log file.

Off the top of my head, this sounds very much like file permissions or outside interference. I'd start by making sure KSP isn't installed in Program Files and checking that no antivirus or other unrelated program is meddling with it.

As steve_v said, it might be a permissions issue if you have KSP installed in Program Files... IF you ARE on Windows, you *could try*, right clicing on your KSP shortcut (or the .exe itself), then click Properties, then under Shortcut tab, clic Advanced....then check the box for Run as Administrator, then OK...and try running KSP again.... vOv

Well, I might have found the issue. I think the problem is "quick start" mod. When this mod skips the main menu and jumps right in to the KSC or Tracking station, this happens. Strangely when I quit to the main menu, clouds and effects are back. 

Funny. Who would know this was the issue... 

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just got back into playing  KSP after a few years, and am attempting to hav a crack at RSS.  Do i need scatterer for this mod to work with RSSVE? If it requires a speacal config, how do I get and install that? Thanks!

I have a medium performance computer, and I want my ksp to look nice. But run in a good framerate.

Right now I have Boulder Co installed + planet shine + scatterer and I have 30 fps in atmo once all the cache loads.

I want to know if it would be better to install SVE in a low resolution. Would it increase my fps or SVE is heavy even in low resolution and my fps would be bad?

My specs are:

Laptop Inspiron 3583

CPU: i7-8565U 

RAM: 8 Gb 

GPU: AMD Radeon 520

I am currently running ksp in 1.10.1 with 20 mods.

Thanks for the help :kiss:

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.