Jump to content

[1.8] EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements [1.8.0-2]


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Waz said:

SVE-LowResolution isn't even part of EVE, nor AFAIK is it distributed for KSP 1.2 via CKAN.

I've tested the CKAN install of EVE and it's base configs (the only EVE config currently available via CKAN), and it works fine.

found the problem... conflict with StockVisualEnhancements. :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm... Hey Waz, I'm curious if you know anything about the "Atmospheres" Tab? The only entry that appears to do anything is the RGBA  settings, and even still I don't know if alpha does anything. Have you not gotten to this bit yet?

http://imgur.com/a/rr6i3

Sadly I can't embed imgur albums anymore so you'll have to scroll to see the changes I made to each slider :/ - Only changing RGB did anything. The closer to 256 the more thick, the closer to 0 the more faded. I was hoping to do this type of thing again with a faded glow on the edge. I wish there was a way to make the atmosphere only visible from orbit, not have it fog up the entire surface. It seems to lay a filter in front of the camera about 500m away.

EDIT: Also an interesting bug :o - might be nice to have eclipses the same brightness as ambient night so they aren't visibly darker through planets

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm... Hey Waz, I'm curious if you know anything about the "Atmospheres" Tab? The only entry that appears to do anything is the RGBA  settings, and even still I don't know if alpha does anything. Have you not gotten to this bit yet?

http://imgur.com/a/rr6i3

Sadly I can't embed imgur albums anymore so you'll have to scroll to see the changes I made to each slider :/ - Only changing RGB did anything. The closer to 256 the more thick, the closer to 0 the more faded. I was hoping to do this type of thing again with a faded glow on the edge. I wish there was a way to make the atmosphere only visible from orbit, not have it fog up the entire surface. It seems to lay a filter in front of the camera about 500m away.

EDIT: Also an interesting bug :o - might be nice to have eclipses the same brightness as ambient night so they aren't visibly darker through planets

The clouds and city lights are all I work on. The rest is better provided by other mods, I think.

Yes, I've seen that eclipse weirdness too. I may look into it.... or strip it out of the default configs.

Edited by Waz
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Waz said:

The clouds and city lights are all I work on. The rest is better provided by other mods, I think.

Yes, I've seen that eclipse weirdness too. I may look into it.... or strip it out of the default configs.

Speaking of city lights have you look at why they are doubled up in orbit? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't we add atmospherical effects to the sun or is just me doing it wrong?

Also, I don't know if someone asked this before, but could be possible to have glowing effects at the dark side of a body like before? (interested mainly in auroras, but for other effects too)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Proot said:

Can't we add atmospherical effects to the sun or is just me doing it wrong?

Also, I don't know if someone asked this before, but could be possible to have glowing effects at the dark side of a body like before? (interested mainly in auroras, but for other effects too)

Hey hey!! @Proot! I was starting to wonder where you went :)

1 minute ago, Drew Kerman said:

srsly, that was bugging the crap out of me for so long... all hail the great and powerful @Waz!

Here here!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2014 at 1:00 PM, Astronomer said:

True! It would give us even more freedom. At the very least, there should be a snow texture for the north/south pole. If we could also apply it to the mountains that would be great. At the moment, the poles are grassy.

As for the rock texture, the angle is 90. Being a cg image, the scale is non-existent. However, it looks like a 4m photo of a huge rock. I filled in the missing information to make the scale work.

5deEiXY.png

What 8k feels like [WIP].

output_NRjift.gif

http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014082420bBfJ5RnoT2Nwq2IhMJSBMl&file=output_DTBD3I.gif&music=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOEDsZbR6jE&start=2:33

Higher resolution:

http://gifmaker.cc/PlayFrameAnimation.php?folder=2014082420bBfJ5RnoT2Nwq2IhMJSBMl&music=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOEDsZbR6jE&start=2:33

Gotta miss the terrain feature. :(

Is it ever coming back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Astronomer said:

This post is glitched lmao

On 10/12/2016 at 7:23 AM, sDaZe said:

Thanks for bringing this to 1.2 waz. I gotta ask this though, is it possible to add planet textures back into eve? Im sure @pingopete would appreciate it :3 

On 10/12/2016 at 3:19 PM, Waz said:

Planet textures never came from EVE AFAIK. What you want is a Kopernicus or TextureReplacer config.'

@Astronomer I asked this a bit ago as well 

Edited by sDaZe
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Waz,

I was wondering what is the difference (or the similarity) between EVE and SVE? They look sort of the same to me, at first glance when I read the descriptions, and I don't know if I should use them both. Could you enlighten me a bit, if it is not too much trouble? 

Also it looks like CKAN doesn't allow me to install both.

Greetz, Dr. Scarlett

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DrScarlett said:

Hi Waz,

I was wondering what is the difference (or the similarity) between EVE and SVE? They look sort of the same to me, at first glance when I read the descriptions, and I don't know if I should use them both. Could you enlighten me a bit, if it is not too much trouble? 

Also it looks like CKAN doesn't allow me to install both.

Greetz, Dr. Scarlett

SVE is a custom config package using EVE, Distant Objects and Scatterer. Different textures and color palettes, opacity, etc... SVE comes with all the other plugins required (eve, distant objects and scatterer) bundled with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DrScarlett said:

Ahhhh I get it. Thank you.

CKAN tells me to remove scatterer and EVE before installing  SVE, but allows me to keep my existing Distant Objects. Will I end up with a double install of DOE?

Currently it's a bit messy like that, but hopefully now that @Galileo and I are in sync, he can safely just distribute SVE as pure additions rather than a repackaging.

Historically, SVE is called that because it was a "Stock" version of the RVE mod (which was a mod providing Real Solar System content for EVE). I prefer to think of SVE as "the proper way to use EVE" :-), but ultimately there are other configs, such as @parameciumkid's one, and of course the BoulderCo ones which are currently maintained with the mod plugin.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Waz said:

Currently it's a bit messy like that, but hopefully now that @Galileo and I are in sync, he can safely just distribute SVE as pure additions rather than a repackaging.

Historically, SVE is called that because it was a "Stock" version of the RVE mod (which was a mod providing Real Solar System content for EVE). I prefer to think of SVE as "the proper way to use EVE" :-), but ultimately there are other configs, such as @parameciumkid's one, and of course the BoulderCo ones which are currently maintained with the mod plugin.

 

i am very close to releasing yet another update that will play nicer with CKAN. I will include a README in the next update that will have detailed instructions on how to install manually

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im currently working on my own visual pack based on eve, and im wondering whether there is a way to replicate something you could do in the older versions of EVE but i just cant figure out how to do it now...

4tBkUDa.png

Im trying to make a similar halo effect around the planet (the soft glow thats blue on the daylight side and black on the evening side).  This screenie was from liek 0.25 or something so im not sure if EVE has changed enough to make this impossible (it may be the case but i sure hope not), but if possible, could someone who knows the inner workings of EVE help me figure out how to do this...

The following is a piece of code responsible for the effect:


	CLOUD_LAYER
	{
		SAVED
		{
			body = Laythe
			altitude = 20000
			volume = False
			color
			{
				r = 0.35
				g = 0.5
				b = 1
				a = 0.4
			}
			main_texture
			{
				file = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/blank1
				scale = 1
				offset
				{
					x = 0
					y = 0
				}
				speed
				{
					x = 0
					y = 0
				}
			}
			scaled_shader_floats
			{
				falloffPower = 2.5
				falloffScale = 4
				detailDistance = 0.0001
				minimumLight = 0.5
				fadeDistance = 120
				rimDistance = 1
			}
			shader_floats
			{
				falloffPower = 2.5
				falloffScale = 4
				detailDistance = 0
				minimumLight = 0.5
				fadeDistance = 120
				rimDistance = 0.0001
			}
		}
	}

Is it possible to create this (or something very similar) in the current EVE or am i just dreaming or something thats impossible?  If so, could you guys help me to get it working in the modern EVE (1.2 version).  Thanks...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

any idea why it doesnt seem to load SVE in MY 1.2.1 install?

tried multiple downloads and since galileo said it is working, i wonder what i could have done wrong.

just copied all my mods from 1.2 to 1.2.1.

As said, updated all parts of SVE, if possible

Edit: yeah, no logs attached cause i wanted to have further feedback if it is working or not - dont want to waste s.o. time digging with my logs
EDIT2: doesnt load EVE-config as well :(

Edit3: cant open alt-0 Config.... donno whats broken here.

other mods working well 4000+ patches via module manager, scatterer also working fine

-----

 

ok, absolute no clue why this isnt working... Help please.

complete clean steam download + eve basic config and mod

Ksp.log

output.log

screenshot

 

 

Edit 4: downloaded it AGAIN. seems 2 work in the clean install now -.-

found it: was an old clouds.cfg from "poods OPM-VO".
Somehow it didnt matter before

Edited by Speadge
Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: How do I slow down the clouds?

I'm building a larger-than-stock system via kopernicus.  Everything is coming together but the clouds are whipping by comically.

"detailSpeed = 0,20,0"

What do these three variables do?  Or am I completely wrong about this being the speed control?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sandworm said:

Question: How do I slow down the clouds?

I'm building a larger-than-stock system via kopernicus.  Everything is coming together but the clouds are whipping by comically.

"detailSpeed = 0,20,0"

What do these three variables do?  Or am I completely wrong about this being the speed control?

detail speed does not control the speed of the clouds but the speed of the detail texture on the clouds. there is a "Speed" value that can be set though. you may have to set the detail speed to be slower as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Galileo said:

detail speed does not control the speed of the clouds but the speed of the detail texture on the clouds. there is a "Speed" value that can be set though. you may have to set the detail speed to be slower as well.

Thanks.  I played around with "Speed" but found that "speed" seems to be more correct.  "speed = 60" seems to have stopped the clouds.  The detail still moves like boiling water but the clouds and their shadows are now under control.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sandworm said:

Thanks.  I played around with "Speed" but found that "speed" seems to be more correct.  "speed = 60" seems to have stopped the clouds.  The detail still moves like boiling water but the clouds and their shadows are now under control.

Possibly you're referring to the animation of the UV noise, which is controlled by:

_UVNoiseAnimation

set this to 0,0 and it will not animate. Or turn it off completely with _UVNoiseStrength=0

See the sample configs for more examples.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...