[0.17] Crew-able empty pods 0.3.1

Pablock

Yes, but... Not the most visually appealing.

True.

I have recently attempted to turn the structural fuselage into a crew-able part, but the file that contains the hatch is the same that contains the 3D model of the craft. Unless somebody is able to open up those files, and edit them, we are limited to the current cockpit models as our crew-able pieces.

This was exactly what I needed. My multi-launch mun mothership tourism module is complete. Pics to be posted after work :D it works great so far

Crew of 4, space for up to 3 more in case of emergency rescue op needed. and a Kosmos bunkhouse for living space. It enters a munar orbit, at which time 4 crew can man four seperate rockets with 1 man pods, which can all set different orbits, land independently, take off again independently, and then make a powered landing back on kerbin.

Alternatively the mission profile can be converted to a rescue; simply leaving the 4 extra ships coupled allows the ship to land with the bunkhouse and all; it can also return to kerbin in one piece; although the 3 man main pod and 4 individual pods must use their rcs-based thrust systems for powered landing, leaving empty fuel tanks and the bunkhouse behind.

I see this mod opening up many such new options.

You should add another part that looks like a Mk 3 fuselage, I did this by copying the part, and changing the mesh, and changing Crew cap to 6, and several other parameters, and also making it a structure part. Only issues were everything, Kerbals were whited out (Like in your previous versions), the part wasn\'t registered (Only when launching it, weirdness), the model was to small (parameter changes didn\'t help), and once placed the game wouldn\'t let me take it off or any other parts. It would be great though if the model of your part could be of a fuselage, which would allow Generic Name Airlines to be made! (Or whatever airlines)

Sorry, just looked through and hadn\'t realized that was already spoken of, in mk 2 pods though,...

2 changes I would suggest, both quite simple.

1. Change them to SASModule parts. The original cockpit has a torque value and can act as a simple SAS, so it would be logical for the empty pod to retain this functionality. This also helps with control of detached crafts, giving them a bit more stability.

2. Make it so they can be radially attached. This makes it easier for those that want to radially attached escape pods or other such things.

I had to go total compression madness to fit those in less than 5 mb, a normal zip couldn\'t (by far) make it.

I pointed at 7zip\'s webpage because I think it\'s a better option, but it\'s nice to know winrar also knows how to deal with 7zips. :)

I had to go total compression madness to fit those in less than 5 mb, a normal zip couldn\'t (by far) make it.

I pointed at 7zip\'s webpage because I think it\'s a better option, but it\'s nice to know winrar also knows how to deal with 7zips. :)

glad to accidently inform you of this fact. after i asked, i downloaded it to see if i could be unzipped and presto it unzipped it and asked for a password. however there were asterisks saying i couldn\'t add anything to the .7z file.

TL;DR winrar can unzip a 7zip but not anything else.

I suppose the logical next step would be to create a version that can be stacked vertically. Colony ship, anyone?

Already done with the Damned Aerospace Crewtank.

The main advantage of these is the MechJeb exploit allowing multi-part rockets.

I\'m getting Unsupported Compresion Methods for all of the parts here. It seems 7-zip doesn\'t like these files (for me anyway).

Edit: I wasn\'t too clear in this post :P

Just realized how broad that seems. The files installed, They just gave me an error message in the form of a 7-zip diagnostic. No big problem, it\'s just a little disheartening to know that it is having trouble unzipping.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.