[1.4.0 - 1.5.x] Audio Muffler Redux [v2.6.1] (2018 May, 7)

Ser

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/22/2019 at 5:22 AM, RurouniDonut said:

Has there been any progress made on the FPS drop this mod can cause? I experience it myself and it sucks cause I really enjoy the mod.

The only progress so far is in the following post. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Using KSP 1.6.1 RO / RP-1 and RocketSoundEnhancement with this PR
https://github.com/ensou04/RocketSoundEnhancement/pull/3/files

I have this error several times during scene load in flight mode on launch pad:

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:get_transform ()
  at AudioMuffler.VesselSoundsCache.rebuildCache (UnityEngine.AudioSource[] audioSources) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AudioMuffler.VesselCacheManager.rebuildAllCaches (UnityEngine.AudioSource[] audioSources) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AudioMuffler.VesselCacheManager.maintainCaches (UnityEngine.AudioSource[] audioSources) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AudioMuffler.Muffler.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Full log and stuff:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8u7kgh1sr852hqe/output_log.txt and stuff 2019-05-29-01.zip?dl=1

Another one, loading the vessel in VAB:

Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class Muffler:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AudioMuffler.Muffler.VesselWasModified (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AudioMuffler.Muffler.VesselWasModified (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:AddTransmitter()
RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:SetState(Boolean)
RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:OnStart(StartState)
Part:ModulesOnStart()
<Start>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

same log link as above.

opened an issue on Github
https://github.com/SerTheGreat/Audio-Muffler-Redux/issues/7

13 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Another one, loading the vessel in VAB

That's interesting. Thanks for the report, I'll look into that.

Now a different approach, still RO RP-, but other mod constellation;  AudioMuffler performs good and the previous issues are gone, but now others appear:

AudioMuffler: VesselGeometryCache rebuild time = 0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:get_transform ()
  at AudioMuffler.VesselSoundsCache.rebuildCache (UnityEngine.AudioSource[] audioSources) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AudioMuffler.VesselCacheManager.rebuildAllCaches (UnityEngine.AudioSource[] audioSources) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AudioMuffler.VesselCacheManager.maintainCaches (UnityEngine.AudioSource[] audioSources) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AudioMuffler.Muffler.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Full log and stuff:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3l1h73tpx8djlk/output_log.txt and stuff 2019-06-03-01.zip?dl=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, pirx8 said:

Question to OP - will you consider uploading muffler to ckan?

Short answer: yes. Long answer is that some my other mods require update too along with troubles mentioned by @Gordon Dry. So it happens when it happpens.

@Ser

From the MM cache side, it seems okay.

From the audible side when ingame, it seems that the effects by Rocket Sound Enhancements are heavily muffled themselves from the beginning (sea level).

Like the "normal" engine sounds are 100%, but the RSE effects are already muffled down to a lower level.

But this is of course only my subjective opinion. Without Audio Muffler the effects of Rocket Sound Enhancements are just much crispier.

• 2 months later...

I really like this mod but I decided to uninstall it for now, since the frame drop is so severe. It practically halves the FPS on my I7-7700 + RTX2070. (The fact that KSP struggles for 60 FPS with that hardware at high resolution is astonishing in itself, but I guess things like scatterer are not optimised for resolutions close to 4k). Anyway, without the muffler I can "max-warp" while parasuiting with it flickering green with a bit yellow. With the muffler it goes mostly red even at 2x warp -.- .

I skimmed the last posts and I'm happy that you are actually looking into that.

Wish the best to all of you fellow Kerbonauts :) !

Edit: I'm not sure, but is KSP also loading faster without muffler? When I came back from my quick pee it was finished already :o xD .

Edited by TheYear2525

On 10/8/2019 at 7:49 PM, TheYear2525 said:

I really like this mod but I decided to uninstall it for now, since the frame drop is so severe. It practically halves the FPS on my I7-7700 + RTX2070. (The fact that KSP struggles for 60 FPS with that hardware at high resolution is astonishing in itself, but I guess things like scatterer are not optimised for resolutions close to 4k). Anyway, without the muffler I can "max-warp" while parasuiting with it flickering green with a bit yellow. With the muffler it goes mostly red even at 2x warp -.- .

Try the version from this post:

On 10/9/2019 at 9:54 PM, Ser said:

Try the version from this post

No worky worky either, unfortunately. I think that was the version I have been using all along. I don't know for how long it was on ckan too, but I check for mod updates there nearly every time before I start KSP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2020 at 6:05 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

This seems to be working fine in 1.9

The OP version or the experimental version?

EDIT: CKAN version works fine in 1.9

Edited by Krzeszny
Tested

15 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

The OP version or the experimental version?

I'm not sure which I ended up using but I assume the original. Try downloading it and if it doesn't work user the experimental version.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2018 at 11:06 AM, Ser said:

I've made a beta version with some settings that should affect performance, but I need you to test them and confirm which one is the issue indeed. Download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x71yvukb0kjab2m/AudioMufflerRedux-2.6.2-beta.zip?dl=1

I benchmarked both the CKAN and the beta versions. Here are the findings:

Both versions lowered my framerate by 8.7% on the launchpad and between 6.3% and 7% in orbit. Tested for around half an hour because I had some problems with background programs.

Note - both versions were tested with the engines turned off. Launchpad tests were consistent and the orbit tests only differed by 1 frame per second (hence 6.3% for the stable version and 7% for the beta, which could be a measurement error). Testing with engines turned on is too inconsistent without a proper in-game benchmark utility... someone should make a mod for benchmarking!

Edited by Krzeszny

• 1 month later...

I'm having an issue with some of my aircraft in which the engine audio is muffled outside of IVA. What I mean by that is, the audio in the normal/outside camera view is muffled the same as it is when switching to IVA. Is there a way to fix this, or perhaps to toggle the effect on/off? I'd like being able to enjoy the original jet engine audio when not in IVA. Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.