[1.4.0 - 1.5.x] Audio Muffler Redux [v2.6.1] (2018 May, 7)

Ser

On 6/30/2020 at 11:14 PM, bvsveera said:

I'm having an issue with some of my aircraft in which the engine audio is muffled outside of IVA. What I mean by that is, the audio in the normal/outside camera view is muffled the same as it is when switching to IVA. Is there a way to fix this, or perhaps to toggle the effect on/off? I'd like being able to enjoy the original jet engine audio when not in IVA. Thanks!

check the mod's settings file, it doesn't have an in-game configuration. There are a few different combinations of things to configure.

KSP also recently "fixed" the an issue with jet engines (in-atmosphere) not diminishing in volume with visual distance from the craft, so that may be happening, too.

I've recompiled the code against KSP version 1.10.1 as well as added a NullRef check that should prevent crashing on switching game modes. As far as I can tell, @Serdidn't publish the beta code to github, so that performance change code isn't included.

https://github.com/Tahvohck/KSP-Audio-Muffler-Redux/releases/tag/v2.6.3

• 6 months later...
On 11/20/2020 at 9:52 PM, Tahvohck said:

I've recompiled the code against KSP version 1.10.1 as well as added a NullRef check that should prevent crashing on switching game modes. As far as I can tell, @Serdidn't publish the beta code to github, so that performance change code isn't included.

https://github.com/Tahvohck/KSP-Audio-Muffler-Redux/releases/tag/v2.6.3

Could you officially fork it so that it can be archived on CKAN (with your permission)? It needs a new thread and optionally SpaceDock. Plus, you could take over@Ser who hasn't visited the forums for at least a few months.

Based on my benchmark (several posts back) the beta didn't impact the performance in a measurable way.

Edited by Krzeszny

• 5 months later...

I had just an occurance of a fairing (SimpleAdjustableFairings) being staged and from that moment on the muffling was disabled. Full volume sound. No exception written.

This also happens when not staging but using the auto feature of SimpleAdjustableFairings.

https://github.com/Tahvohck/KSP-Audio-Muffler-Redux/issues/1

Crosspost:

Edited by Gordon Dry

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.