docking port no longer undocks (1.1.3)

I've seen a few older google hits for "docking port bug" and so on but there is no definitive workaround that I can find, I'm hoping somebody can help because this has now hit me a few times and it's making the game unplayable.

I am building a space station with three parts right now:

1. mobile processing unit
  2. tin can holding a kerbal
  3. probe lander

the idea was to put the MPU into place, then fly up the scientist, then make multiple trips to/from Minmus with the Lander (optionally with/without the scientist for surface samples).

I managed to dock everything, but now parts 1 and 2 won't undock! I click undock and nothing happened, then the option just disappeared!

It's not like I can just try again, the same bug will probably hit me.

Is this bug still present in 1.2? I'm in the middle of a career mode and I am not ready to upgrade just yet.

The "undock" option disappearing bug is indeed present in 1.1.3

Its addressed by Stock Bugfix Modules mod, which can "Force undock" anything.

The 1.2 should not have this bug AFAIK. I don't understand why can't you go to 1.2, it should be fully compatible. Unless you have tons of mods, which hold you back - but they should be rebuilt for 1.2 fairly quick anyway. 1.2 was announced and tested very thoroughly.

Edited by Kerbal101

22 minutes ago, Kerbal101 said:

The "undock" option disappearing bug is indeed present in 1.1.3

Its addressed by Stock Bugfix Modules mod, which can "Force undock" anything.

The 1.2 should not have this bug AFAIK. I don't understand why can't you go to 1.2, it should be fully compatible. Unless you have tons of mods, which hold you back - but they should be rebuilt for 1.2 fairly quick anyway. 1.2 was announced and tested very thoroughly.

that's awesome, I didn't know about this module!

Reason for not upgrading is that I want to get to a particular point in this career mode before starting fresh with 1.2.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.