[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

16 minutes ago, Mokmo said:

I have a bit of an issue, it seems at least the KAS strut part isn't stackable anymore, haven't tested other. It is in the "stackablemodule" section of the settings, so i'm not too sure what the issue is :/

It is an issue with other mods adding modules to the parts. Mods like dangit or any other mod that affects all parts. Is going to cause this issue. 

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

4 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Sometimes other mods will add modules to all parts that need to be included in the KIS stackablemodules list. Searching the file GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache for the part you expect to stack (KAS_Strut1 in this case) will allow you to check which modules have been applied to the part and may need to be added to the stackablemodules list.

3 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

It is an issue with other mods adding modules to the parts. Mods like dangit or any other mod that affects all parts. Is going to cause this issue. 

Edit: Ninja'd

Yuuuuup it was: AmpYear! Removed it and it fixed itself the following restart. I'll look into adding the module to the list if i need to. Thanks guys

Quick question - I've got a piece of junk (a Mk1 Cockpit, as it turns out) that I'm trying to get off the surface of Mun. Any way I can shove it into a KIS container without the game counting it as destroyed and scrapping the contract in the process? It does seem to be the easiest way to get the part off the surface.

Sorry if this kind of question comes up often/has been answered in the last page or two; I honestly should be working at the moment (you know, not typing on/searching a forum).

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Quick question - I've got a piece of junk (a Mk1 Cockpit, as it turns out) that I'm trying to get off the surface of Mun. Any way I can shove it into a KIS container without the game counting it as destroyed and scrapping the contract in the process? It does seem to be the easiest way to get the part off the surface.

Sorry if this kind of question comes up often/has been answered in the last page or two; I honestly should be working at the moment (you know, not typing on/searching a forum).

I am assuming you are asking if you can place it in an inventory. IIRC, the answer to that is no. The game will see it as a destroyed part. 

37 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

I am assuming you are asking if you can place it in an inventory. IIRC, the answer to that is no. The game will see it as a destroyed part. 

Yeah, that's what I'm asking. Ugh. I was really hoping to not have to resort to Plan B...

1 hour ago, capi3101 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm asking. Ugh. I was really hoping to not have to resort to Plan B...

You can use KIS to attach the pod to a lander, then take-off and delivery the part to Kerbin. However, to manipulate such a heavy part as a pod, you need several kerbals on the surface. Or you can modify the mass limit in the KIS settings.

4 hours ago, IgorZ said:

You can use KIS to attach the pod to a lander, then take-off and delivery the part to Kerbin. However, to manipulate such a heavy part as a pod, you need several kerbals on the surface. Or you can modify the mass limit in the KIS settings.

I had a pair of Kerbals down on the surface; they lugged the part a quarter of a klick between the two of them just to get it to the lander. Neither of them were engineers, though, so I had to send them back up to the orbiting space station on a different lander. Luckily I have engineers available at the station and the lander I was going to use to haul the part up has a screwdriver, and it's got a Mk2 lander can onboard, so the mission isn't entirely a wash. Still...

Edited by capi3101

39 minutes ago, Nightside said:

@IgorZ, is there a part module that can grant the same kind of bonus as  having extra kerbals ?

KIS doesn't have any such part. But you can make your own, and add the pickup module. Such parts will be considered when calculating the mass limit.

2 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

I had a pair of Kerbals down on the surface; they lugged the part a quarter of a klick between the two of them just to get it to the lander. Neither of them were engineers, though, so I had to send them back up to the orbiting space station on a different lander. Luckily I have engineers available at the station and the lander I was going to use to haul the part up has a screwdriver, so the mission isn't entirely a wash. Still...

You only need engineer to attach the part. Any kerbal is OK to increase the mass limit. I.e. you can bring one engineer and 2 pilots to have the limit increased to 3t. Just ensure you're controlling the engineer, since he's the one who will be doing the complex job - using a screwdriver :).

Question and thanks for the great mod, been making much use of it.

Question is very basic but I was surprised when I couldn't find the answer with some quick googling - where are the part volumes set? There are a couple parts in B9 that appear to have very incorrect volumes and I want to fix them for my game, but danged if I can find where it's set.

16 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Question and thanks for the great mod, been making much use of it.

Question is very basic but I was surprised when I couldn't find the answer with some quick googling - where are the part volumes set? There are a couple parts in B9 that appear to have very incorrect volumes and I want to fix them for my game, but danged if I can find where it's set.

The part's volume is calculated in run-time from the actual model meshes. For some parts with an active behavior the volume may be incorrect. E.g. "RadialDrill" model in the prefab is expanded, but when the part is actually created in the scene, it's created as folded. In such cases the only way to fix the wrong volume is adding a "ModuleKISItem" module with a volume override. Take a look how it's done for the Radial Drill.

Edited by IgorZ

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

The part's volume is calculated in run-time from the actual model meshes. For some parts with an active behavior the volume may be incorrect. E.g. "RadialDrill" model in the prefab is expanded, but when the part is actually created in the scene, it's created as folded. In such cases the only way to fix the wrong volume is adding a "ModuleKISItem" module with a volume override. Take a look how it's done for the Radial Drill.

Thanks Igor, exactly what I wanted to know.

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

What is "working hub bonos"?

He means a Habitation Timer bonus.

I believe the intent of USI-LS is that Supplies and Colony Supplies includes elements of entertainment, so I am not sure that this would be a desirable change, in any case.

KIS 1.6 still needs some final touches, but here is a demo of the feature which some of the people were requesting: the ability to move bulky parts by accelerating them in a desired direction.

To be honest, making of this specific feature wasn't an intention. It was a consequence of implementing another feature request.

KIS v1.6

@ihsoft ihsoft released this a minute ago

1.6 (September 14th, 2017):

• [Enhancement] Improve the attach nodes of the KIS items (including the fun parts) to reduce the physics effects on drop.
  • [Enhancement] Implement localization support.
  • [Enhancement] Full localization for the Russian language ("ru" locale).
  • [Fix #219] Inventory GUI spontaneously closes in the editor.
  • [Fix #130] Crew transfer leaves ghost pod's inventory open.
  • [Fix #220] Equipped parts trigger physics.
  • [Fix #222] The equipped screwdriver can be attached to a part.
  • [FIx #217] Align velocities on the dropped part.
  • [FIx #207] Improve docked nodes detection in ReDock mode.

4 hours ago, IgorZ said:

@IgorZ, something I noted for KIS.  Its configuration file is "GameData/KIS/settings.cfg".  That matches the files Module Manager checks for MM scripts.

If the player can change any of those values in that file, that means on the next startup of KSP, Module Manager will detect that a file it scans has changed, discard its cache file from the last KSP startup, and scan every config file again, making the startup slow.

If the config file was inside a "PluginData" subdirectory or named something not matching "*.cfg", that wouldn't happen.  Perhaps you might consider changing the file?

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

@IgorZ, something I noted for KIS.  Its configuration file is "GameData/KIS/settings.cfg".  That matches the files Module Manager checks for MM scripts.

If the player can change any of those values in that file, that means on the next startup of KSP, Module Manager will detect that a file it scans has changed, discard its cache file from the last KSP startup, and scan every config file again, making the startup slow.

If the config file was inside a "PluginData" subdirectory or named something not matching "*.cfg", that wouldn't happen.  Perhaps you might consider changing the file?

Unless something has changed in the past 6 months, I don't think this is an issue because KIS never writes to that file. 

7 hours ago, Jacke said:

I was thinking about it in the past, but it was considered infeasible for now since the other mods may need changing the KIS settings. They would need it to whitelist the stackable modules.

6 hours ago, Tarheel1999 said:

Unless something has changed in the past 6 months, I don't think this is an issue because KIS never writes to that file. 

Correct. KIS doesn't update this file, only the player can do it. So it's a too infrequent situation to be a real pain.

Hi there !

Thanks for the content ! Can't complain without giving credit to you guys who brought us this incredible material.

I will complain though, just a bit , since I just can't drag and drop any item from the SC-62 Portable Container to my inventory, or the other way around.

I can move the container from the plane (Kerbin surface) to the ground, I can fill it as can I my inventory but I can't switch items.

I'm using the latest version of KSP with around 55 mods, all major and stable (according to CKAN).

Thanks in advance for any input.

Hi, once upgraded to KIS 1.6 I can no longer drag an inventory item from one inline container to another within the same ship. Is this intended behavior? This is true even with a clean install of KSP 1.3 with just KIS, MM and CCK.

5 minutes ago, Svalboy said:

I just can't drag and drop any item from the SC-62 Portable Container to my inventory, or the other way around.

I can move the container from the plane (Kerbin surface) to the ground, I can fill it as can I my inventory but I can't switch items.

I have this problem as well. A work around that I found, was right-clicking on the part that you are trying to move first, then left-click and drag to the desired location. So far this additional clicking step has worked for me.

Cheers,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.