[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

7 hours ago, MacLuky said:

Hi

For some reason my engineer cant equip screwdriver or wrenches Do they need a certain level these days?

The level is not important. What os important is the trait - it must be an engineer (not a scientist or pilot). What error do you see when trying to equip? Do you have anything else equipped?

On 29.3.2018 at 9:28 AM, IgorZ said:

Now I got it. Well, given your machine is not able to handle physics even on this simple vessel... I'd say this is the reason. The hint menu is shown at the mouse position, but the hardware rendered mouse is out of sync with the applications.

Usually I have 30 FPS+! Mind I ask, I use Linux .. is this possibly not a hardware but a software-related issue (OpenGL)?
Am I only having this issue and what I can do about that?

Edited by LatiMacciato

On 4/21/2018 at 5:26 PM, LatiMacciato said:

Usually I have 30 FPS+! Mind I ask, I use Linux .. is this possibly not a hardware but a software-related issue (OpenGL)?
Am I only having this issue and what I can do about that?

Honestly, no ideas. The code is very simple: it gets the current mouse position and tells the game engine to show a hint dialog at this position. I don't see how the code can be a problem here. However, I can imagine that there are issues in Linux+Unity pair. Try changing the mouse drivers in your system. If you know how to adjust 3D settings in Linux, try enabling/disabling the hardware support for the mouse pointer in the games.

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Honestly, no ideas. The code is very simple: it gets the current mouse position and tells the game engine to show a hint dialog at this position. I don't see how the code can be a problem here. However, I can imagine that there are issues in Linux+Unity pair. Try changing the mouse drivers in your system. If you know how to adjust 3D settings in Linux, try enabling/disabling the hardware support for the mouse pointer in the games.

Look, this might just be a cosmetic issue, and things just work .. I can imagine things have changed from KSP 1.3 where this worked flawlessly. Reason for me i use KIS/KAS only in the video i made is to show it only happens with KIS/KAS for reproduction.

I'm honestly not bothered by that glitch because I got used to it. Otherwise is there a parameter for unity so hardware support for mouse pointers can be toggleable via that?

Maybe this pre-start routine for my KSP game has to do with that issue, too?

Spoiler

export LC_ALL=C
export LD_PRELOAD="libpthread.so.0 libGL.so.1"
export __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1

I noticed running these three lines optimized performance for me immense but might cause that glitch.
Also I found this pretty much interesting, but I am pretty much unsure how to switch/toggle hardware support for the mouse.

Try changing the mouse drivers in your system. If you know how to adjust 3D settings in Linux, try enabling/disabling the hardware support for the mouse pointer in the games

As said above, I don't know how to change that option, nor how i install a new mouse driver in Linux! Usually all drivers are is brought by Kernel and not going to mess with Kernel installs!

Anyways, thanks for your support!

Edited by LatiMacciato

@IgorZ 

Hi ... so I am currently heavily in development of OrX which is essentially BD FPS with enemy kerbals that chase you

KIS is an integral part of OrX as it provides the functionality to equip weapons, however I am wondering if there is a not so obvious way to have a kerbal automatically equip items when it spawns (I don't see anything obvious in your code)

Hopefully there is a way and I just haven't figured it out which is why I thought why not ask ... here's a sneak peek at some of my testing from earlier today, I'v brought it a long ways already but would love to have some of your input

Edited by DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, LatiMacciato said:

As said above, I don't know how to change that option, nor how i install a new mouse driver in Linux! Usually all drivers are is brought by Kernel and not going to mess with Kernel installs!

I've spent years of my life writing server side code for the *nix systems, but during all these years my desktop OS was Windows. Sorry, I cannot help here :(  I can only suggest that such kind of tuning may be available.

4 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@IgorZ 

Hi ... so I am currently heavily in development of OrX which is essentially BD FPS with enemy kerbals that chase you

KIS is an integral part of OrX as it provides the functionality to equip weapons, however I am wondering if there is a not so obvious way to have a kerbal automatically equip items when it spawns (I don't see anything obvious in your code)

Hopefully there is a way and I just haven't figured it out which is why I thought why not ask ... here's a sneak peek at some of my testing from earlier today, I'v brought it a long ways already but would love to have some of your input

Auto equip function does not exist in KIS. However, KIS remembers the state of the previously equipped items. 

@IgorZ,first thanks for your work on this two wonderful mods(kis/kas)

last time a played around with my EVA mechjeb positioning and became an idea of put the winchlock(rescaled)on the screwdriver

what should i say -it works well here it is

Spoiler

MODEL
{
	model=KIS/Parts/electricScrewdriver/model
	position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
	scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
	rotation = 0, 0, 0
}
MODEL
{
	model=KAS-1.0/Parts/CableBrace/Lock
	position = 0.0, -0.09, 0.0
	scale = 0.3, 0.3, 0.3
	rotation = 180, 90, 0
	node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
}

fkykQjh.png

so want to ask if u mind when i post the screwdriver cfg in Enceos KerbalHacks threat(the cfg version there will have little amount of EC on it)

with your permission+credit of course

also positioned the lock (also rescaled 0.3)on a kerbal when equiped works super,beside on ladder(not clickable)

on jetpack down middle:

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
	    name = ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker
        shortcutKeyAction = equip
		usableFromEva = true
        equipable = true
		equipMode = part
	    equipSlot = jetpack
	    equipMeshName = jetpack_base01
		equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01
		equipPos = (0.0,-0.09,0.03)
	    equipDir = (180,0,0)
	    attachMaxMass = 0.001

}

on EVA parachute middle :

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
	    name = ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker
        shortcutKeyAction = equip
        equipable = true
		equipMode = part
	    equipSlot = jetpack
	    equipMeshName = jetpack_base01
		equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01
		equipPos = (0.0,0.04,-0.09)
		equipDir = (-100,180,180)
	    attachMaxMass = 0.001

}

greetings BK

sry4m engl

Edited by Burning Kan
forget the cfg ,ups

13 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

I found a problem with KIS & the Making History DLC. If your Kebal is in the alternate suit, their inventory volume is only 1 liter. If in the stock suit, it is the normal 300 liter

Try updating KIS. This issue was discovered in version 1.9 and fixed in 1.10.

On 4/29/2018 at 10:38 PM, IgorZ said:

Try updating KIS. This issue was discovered in version 1.9 and fixed in 1.10.

I'm using 1.10, fresh install and I'm also seeing only 1.00L of storage in the retro space suits.

3 minutes ago, Tyko said:

I'm using 1.10, fresh install and I'm also seeing only 1.00L of storage in the retro space suits.

Then, try going thru this guide. If you're 100% sure everything is good on your side, please, share the screenshots and logs.

For the records, on my system the new suits work just fine. However, I usually test on a new game. There can be (in theory) some issues with the existing saved games. Try checking by starting a new game.

4 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Then, try going thru this guide. If you're 100% sure everything is good on your side, please, share the screenshots and logs.

For the records, on my system the new suits work just fine. However, I usually test on a new game. There can be (in theory) some issues with the existing saved games. Try checking by starting a new game.

Thanks for checking this out. I'm running a clean install of KSP with only KIS/KAS/SEP/KER as shown below. I started a new save also. 

The log file is in DropBox. The two additional screenshots are from one craft in which Jeb is wearing a retro suit and Bill is wearing the Stock suit.

cNLcA3M.png

AwyJrhI.pngHOX4Uty.png

Edited by Tyko

7 hours ago, Tyko said:

Thanks for checking this out. I'm running a clean install of KSP with only KIS/KAS/SEP/KER as shown below. I started a new save also. 

The log file is in DropBox. The two additional screenshots are from one craft in which Jeb is wearing a retro suit and Bill is wearing the Stock suit.

My bad. It was actually fixed in KIS v1.11. Try updating to it.

12 hours ago, IgorZ said:

My bad. It was actually fixed in KIS v1.11. Try updating to it.

Okay. I'll try that tonight. Thanks for the quick reply :)

EDIT: This worked. I downloaded 1.11 from Curseforge per the instructions on Page 1. Now the MH retro suits are showing the correct amount of KIS storage.

Not my most graceful lander, but it worked for KIS testing and Bill and Bob made it back home safely.

kly3zlf.png

Edited by Tyko

So sorry i cant be that helpful with whats going on but for some reason whenever i attach something in EVA like the connector port or strut the object it is attaching to gets pushed down a good bit.     This on heavier craft can destroy the landing gear if its legs and breaks the wheels if its wheels which is obviously a problem.

if it doesn't destroy it then connecting it to another craft normally does.               

If its a lighter craft it just jumps in the air then lands.

I can stop them from breaking by just turning off crash damage till i am done but yeah

my guess is its going to be a conflict with some mod, tho i dont really see how any of them could make that happen, tho some of them (lol a lot of them in fact) are "*outdated" aka haven't truely been updated for 1.4.3, but support 1.4.2 and or whatever

(edit) i updated intersteller extended to remove the warp plugin errors, here is the new log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah6sh_8mzN7BgTBy-0ApQH5eaXHf

could also just be that it doesn't like heavier craft, but im sure someone has connected it to much heavier stuff then i have, im just trying to make a little mining thing, well "Little" lol

i was thinking of getting the WorldStabilizer mod and seeing if that helped, tho it isnt when loading in so i dont know.

sorry again that i cant be all that helpful

Edited by stephen95s
new log

10 hours ago, stephen95s said:

Welcome to the forums.

There are plenty of errors in the log file that you'll need to look at but they don't appear to be directly related to your problem (WarpPlugin, in particular).

I don't understand what you mean "..., tho it isnt when loading in so I don't know."  Worldstabilizer isn't loading?

Edited by Brigadier

4 hours ago, Brigadier said:

I don't understand what you mean "..., tho it isnt when loading in so I don't know."  Worldstabilizer isn't loading?

oh and yes im sure there are plenty of errors XD

ah sorry, by that i meant it doesn't happen (the craft being pushed into the ground) when loading in the craft so i dont think getting world stabilizer mod would help, ( i dont have that mod)

it just happens when attaching stuff in eva

(edit) just uploaded a video showing the problem on two crafts when linking them, it may take a bit for to video to process

(edit) i updated interstellar extended to remove the warp plugin errors, here is the new log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah6sh_8mzN7BgTBy-0ApQH5eaXHf

Edited by stephen95s
adding a video

3 hours ago, stephen95s said:

(edit) just uploaded a video showing the problem on two crafts when linking them, it may take a bit for to video to process

The video have explained everything, thanks. Well, what you see is a "normal" behavior of KAS, given the circumstances. When you link two vessels, they immediately become one single vessel. It results in instant shift of the center of mass. That's how the lightest vessel gets this extra loading. When the vessels are not too heavy (or the G force is weak), this shift doesn't make much troubles, ut with the really heavy vessel the momentum can be significant. If you replace the KAS link with the stock docking ports, you will likely won't see the same problem. Why? Because the stock docking ports create a flexible link, which absorbs the momentum. And KAS creates a rigid joint, which doesn't absorb anything.

This will not be fixed in the old version of KAS, but the new beta (KAS 1.0) should have it addressed already. Try using TJ-1 joint to link the vessels together. Moreover, given the designs of your vessels, the more appropriate link part would be RTS-1 (in progress for now, not yet released).

21 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

This will not be fixed in the old version of KAS, but the new beta (KAS 1.0) should have it addressed already. Try using TJ-1 joint to link the vessels together. Moreover, given the designs of your vessels, the more appropriate link part would be RTS-1 (in progress for now, not yet released).

Ah sweet thanks and that makes perfect sense :) didn't realize there was a beta 1.0 or anything like that , will check it out :)

Looking at it, i will likely leave it out for now given your recommendation of not using it in a career game for now, but thanks :), i will just use docking ports and all that for now, but i like the way the beta is looking, all happy for more realism and less magic pipes :lol:.

now its time for me to go destroy all those spare parts on the space station... hmmm this could be fun :D time too make a little trash disposal ship 

Edited by stephen95s

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.