[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/T-12_Structural_Tube It was added at 1.4.1, I don't know if that makes it a Making History DLC exclusive part or if it's in the base game. I sent you a Patreon payment to buy it if you don't have it. I do have Tweak Scale installed, but that changes all dimensions, not just the length.

One quirk with these parts are they are hollow and the attachment nodes can be attached to from both inside and outside. Kind of like a payload bay without opening doors. I use them to give a more streamlined look while covering batteries, monopropellant tanks, etc.

In the case I ran into I was using them to build a pipe to give me a fuel pickup point closer to my landing area to get around the problem I was have with KAS not finding distributed resources. Below I have four of them connected running to the to highlight tank. primarily with KPBS 6-way junctions Every connection is node to node from the tank to the girder where the RTS-1 is attached and the RTS-1 works  to transfer fuel into the ship in the foreground. I'd first sent a lander with a bunch of parts to assemble it onsite with KIS, found out I couldn't and then hyperedited the pipe and fuel distribution manifold as a unit and bumped up the single Kerbal weight and distance limits to place it.

l1dPYqo.png

Edited by Tonka Crash

18 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

T-12_Structural_Tube

Got it! Had the issue reproduced.

18 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

to get around the problem I was have with KAS not finding distributed resources

This issue is a bug, and it's being addressed. Will be fixed in the next RC.

Thanks a lot for doing all these tests! Most people would just get liquided (p-i-s-s-e-d) off of the issues, but you're helping to get them fixed :)

Edited by IgorZ

@IgorZ I'm on the receiving end of bug reports at work for a 30 year old code base. I know how it goes. I don't count on bugs getting fixed at all as I realize the mods are done by volunteers on their free time. It's the way it is, no reason get emotional about it.

Most of my "Tests" are just figuring out where the limits are, so I can figure out how to work around them. I'll report bugs when I see them, but keep on playing my game. I look at it as an additional challenge to accomplish what I want on my schedule rather than waiting for bug fixes. :)

Edited by Tonka Crash

This may just be an issue with me updating KSP to 1.5, as I'm new both to KSP and the mod scene, but I can't seem to equip anything or put anything into any inventory while EVAing. Here's a link to my log file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OvdicSSTY2JQTkqdUBODNjp9dBg_SA4Y/view?usp=sharing.

I've tried pressing the appropriate number button with my inventory open, clicking on the screwdriver and hitting the equip button, and I'm getting nothing. If I pick something up and try to drop it into my inventory, it's telling me it's too far away. Thanks for your support!

1 hour ago, zabcheckmate said:

This may just be an issue with me updating KSP to 1.5, as I'm new both to KSP and the mod scene, but I can't seem to equip anything or put anything into any inventory while EVAing. Here's a link to my log file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OvdicSSTY2JQTkqdUBODNjp9dBg_SA4Y/view?usp=sharing.

I've tried pressing the appropriate number button with my inventory open, clicking on the screwdriver and hitting the equip button, and I'm getting nothing. If I pick something up and try to drop it into my inventory, it's telling me it's too far away. Thanks for your support!

What suits your kerbals are wearing and how you switch them? It seems that's the problem.

10 hours ago, IREinc said:

Is anyone else unable to equip tools after the latest 1.4.5 ksp update? I can right click the tool and Click the equip button but still cannot attach anything because "no tool is equipped"

PS: according to CKAN both kas and kis are updated to the most recent version. I'm running some other mods thus wanting to know if it is just me or a more general problem.

9 hours ago, IREinc said:

Sorry I believe it is 1.5 dressed for success but will double check when I get home. Both equip and inventory number had the same result (No tool actually equipped). The tool does not show up in their hand either way.

5 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Just checked it, no problems found for KIS. Given how many mods have failed with the new versions, I'd suggest a mods conflict. try testing on a pristine game. If the problem still happens, then share the logs. And post them to the right topic, please. This one is for KAS.

Above is from the KAS thread that I had posted earlier and misidentified the mod that was having an error.

Ok, so I arrived home now and am looking into this further. It is indeed 1.5 dressed for success. Before trying a fresh install I did a little troubleshooting. Turns out another engineer had no trouble doing the exact same thing on the KSC launchpad as I was trying to do on the Mun.

I then switched to my Mun base and tried again with the engineer that I previously had an issue with and the issue remained.

Lastly I tried grabbing another engineer also in my Mun base only to find he had no issue equipping the same exact electric screwdriver and attaching an item with it.

Here is the log file:
https://ufile.io/go5nj

At this point I can easily work around the problem by just using another Engineer. If you think it may be a bug of some kind that you want to look into I'd be happy to assist in any way I can.

Thanks again,.

8 hours ago, IREinc said:

I then switched to my Mun base and tried again with the engineer that I previously had an issue with and the issue remained.

Lastly I tried grabbing another engineer also in my Mun base only to find he had no issue equipping the same exact electric screwdriver and attaching an item with it.

Here is the log file:
https://ufile.io/go5nj

Figured it out. Bug created. Thanks!

6 hours ago, zabcheckmate said:

Can confirm this seems to be the issue. I edited my persistent save to perform gender conversion therapy on Haydan and it solved my problem.

Be careful with that, Diversity Control is on the watch! Btw, going forward just use the DLC suites, they work fine.

There's a nice Patreon donation going to the first person who can fix this bug I'm having.

Can't equip anything and my Kerbal's inventory is only 1L no matter what I do.
I've gone through the troubleshooter and verified the download and install to the best of my ability, which is meager at best.
I've tried it using various versions (1.5, 1.4.5, 1.4.4, 1.0.5, hell, I'd try 0.18 but Steam wasn't out then. I don't think I saved a backup from that far back. Yes, I got into this terribly frustrating game during version 0.13 for $8.00 and have been screaming at my monitor ever since).

Here's my log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oWuwUERXTrUDuwJnnA6nzphEammqQv4k/view?usp=sharing

I got Bill hanging on the side of my crappy space station by his fingernails waiting..

Edited by MrSpeakeasy29

12 minutes ago, MrSpeakeasy29 said:

There's a nice Patreon donation going to the first person who can fix this bug I'm having.

Can't equip anything and my Kerbal's inventory is only 1L no matter what I do.
I've gone through the troubleshooter and verified the download and install to the best of my ability, which is meager at best.
I've tried it using various versions (1.5, 1.4.5, 1.4.4, 1.0.5, hell, I'd try 0.18 but Steam wasn't out then. I don't think I saved a backup from that far back. Yes, I got into this terribly frustrating game during version 0.13 for $8.00 and have been screaming at my monitor ever since).

Here's my log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oWuwUERXTrUDuwJnnA6nzphEammqQv4k/view?usp=sharing

I got Bill hanging on the side of my crappy space station by his fingernails waiting...

According to the log, you're using KSP 1.4.5. The compatible version of KIS for it is v1.14, and you're using v1.9. Also, KSP-AVC throws a lot of exceptions, so the log is barely readable. Not to mention, it could have contributed to the issue.

Please, do the following:

1. Use KSP 1.4.5 and KIS 1.14.
  2. Remove KSP-AVC mod.
  3. Ensure that you've read this page. Just to be sure you've already did everything what I'd suggest you to do.
  4. Try testing and share the log.

43 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

According to the log, you're using KSP 1.4.5. The compatible version of KIS for it is v1.14, and you're using v1.9. Also, KSP-AVC throws a lot of exceptions, so the log is barely readable. Not to mention, it could have contributed to the issue.

Please, do the following:

1. Use KSP 1.4.5 and KIS 1.14.
  2. Remove KSP-AVC mod.
  3. Ensure that you've read this page. Just to be sure you've already did everything what I'd suggest you to do.
  4. Try testing and share the log.

Thank you for Your unwarranted concern for Bill, IgorZ. Glad to see some one still cares.

I think I did everything you've suggested.
I combed over that guide even before posting and I think I did the install ok.

Here's my Game Data file:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z_jC4P-GzDeiLCnlXoIMcATJbJcBkTSt/view?usp=sharing

Here's the KIS File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zDCDpPM5RVzAMIcvfrOWv0wG4c75TiSZ/view?usp=sharing

Here's my log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oWuwUERXTrUDuwJnnA6nzphEammqQv4k/view?usp=sharing

Problem still exists.

1 hour ago, MrSpeakeasy29 said:

Thank you for Your unwarranted concern for Bill, IgorZ. Glad to see some one still cares.

I think I did everything you've suggested.
I combed over that guide even before posting and I think I did the install ok.

Here's my Game Data file:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z_jC4P-GzDeiLCnlXoIMcATJbJcBkTSt/view?usp=sharing

Here's the KIS File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zDCDpPM5RVzAMIcvfrOWv0wG4c75TiSZ/view?usp=sharing

Here's my log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oWuwUERXTrUDuwJnnA6nzphEammqQv4k/view?usp=sharing

Problem still exists.

Your setup of KIS seems to be right. Except it's the wrong version. As I mentioned above, you need KIS v1.14, but you're still using v1.9:

[LOG 17:12:55.674] Load(Assembly): KIS/Plugins/KIS
[LOG 17:12:55.674] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll
[LOG 17:12:55.693] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KIS' V1.9.0
[LOG 17:12:55.693] Load(Assembly): KIS/Plugins/KSPDev_Utils.0.30

Not a surprise that this version doesn't work with 1.4.5. It was made for 1.3. Please, have it fixed and let's see if it worked.

54 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Your setup of KIS seems to be right. Except it's the wrong version. As I mentioned above, you need KIS v1.14, but you're still using v1.9:

[LOG 17:12:55.674] Load(Assembly): KIS/Plugins/KIS
[LOG 17:12:55.674] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll
[LOG 17:12:55.693] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KIS' V1.9.0
[LOG 17:12:55.693] Load(Assembly): KIS/Plugins/KSPDev_Utils.0.30

Not a surprise that this version doesn't work with 1.4.5. It was made for 1.3. Please, have it fixed and let's see if it worked.

IT WORKS!!
I read your suggestion and thought I fixed the version thing but I had a hard time determining which version I had installed. After you replied I looked harder and found the version number, thanks. Luckily, I had both .zip files in my download file still.
Thanks for all your help. When it comes to computers, I'm living proof that given enough advances in AI, even a monkey can learn to fly.

Bill is much happier and it looks like he didn't waste a bunch of DeltaV for nothing, again.

Hey, does this mean I can't run KSP 1.5 now? Or just yet?

Edited by MrSpeakeasy29

36 minutes ago, MrSpeakeasy29 said:

IT WORKS!!

Great!

36 minutes ago, MrSpeakeasy29 said:

Hey, does this mean I can't run KSP 1.5 now? Or just yet?

If you're not going to send female engineers in standard EVA suites to do EVA work, then go ahead and upgrade. Otherwise, wait for v1.15 which will fix a nasty bug that prevents the brave female kerbonauts to do their duty.

Aw, of course! 
Sounds like Kerbal Space Center has to be dragged into the modern world like everyone else.

All the females on my program are now scientists and won't be allowed in the front seat until additional HR training can be provided.
Until then, EEO officers may be asking questions.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:51 AM, Tonka Crash said:

The ladies at Moonbase are not amused. I was checking my crews and easily half my engineers are women. Most of the crew on my Mun base happen to be women. I'm holding off on the 1.5 update for a few weeks to let the modders catch up.

Specifically for KIS there is a workaround: equip all the female engineers with the "MakingHistory" DLC EVA suite, it's not affected. This will likely require a save file patch, though.

I seem to recall there being a guide for creating KIS items. Does anyone know where that is currently? I'm not having much luck finding it.

My goal is to take an older mod for a standalone part and convert it to something that can be worn by the Kerbal, similar to the way DMagic science experiments can. I'd appreciate any advice someone may have. Thanks!

2 hours ago, LitaAlto said:

I seem to recall there being a guide for creating KIS items. Does anyone know where that is currently? I'm not having much luck finding it.

My goal is to take an older mod for a standalone part and convert it to something that can be worn by the Kerbal, similar to the way DMagic science experiments can. I'd appreciate any advice someone may have. Thanks!

I'm not aware of any "guide", but Wiki is a good place to start.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.