[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

9 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Sounds like you need Hangar mod from Allista:

Oh I have it, but I was thinking of having a small Box, one that could be placed in a KIS inventory. From there, it could be brought out and carried in EVA. Upon placement in the environment. it could be opened or deployed, where it would enact the Hangar functionality and spawn the small craft, like a quad copter drone or an RC car style drone. I've never worked with plugin modding so I'm not exactly sure what to do.

How would I go about making a part a KIS-enabled part. I looked at configs, and see about the eva equipping, but how would I be able to make KIS see that this box could be put into an inventory?

3 hours ago, Rivvik said:

How would I go about making a part a KIS-enabled part. I looked at configs, and see about the eva equipping, but how would I be able to make KIS see that this box could be put into an inventory?

You don't need to do anything special to allow the part be placed into the inventory. Any part can be stored there. If you want the part be carriable, then you need to add a special module into the part (see SC-62 part config).

39 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

You don't need to do anything special to allow the part be placed into the inventory. Any part can be stored there. If you want the part be carriable, then you need to add a special module into the part (see SC-62 part config).

Ok, cool! So theoretically a box part with hangar functionality could work?

On 11/23/2017 at 11:43 PM, IgorZ said:

Don't forget that in order to move an item into the inventory you must "drag" it, not just click to pickup/drop as you usually do in the editor.

Can you put this somewhere in bold red letters for dumb people like me? Just took me 15m of googling and checking what I'm doing wrong until I finally stumbled upon this post. :E

Awesome mod btw!

30 minutes ago, uxlapogi said:

Can you put this somewhere in bold red letters for dumb people like me? Just took me 15m of googling and checking what I'm doing wrong until I finally stumbled upon this post. :E

Awesome mod btw!

Did you read the User Guide? It explicitly explains this thing :) I can make it bold or red (or both), but let's be honest: most of the people assume they are just too smart to read someone's manuals! :wink: 

6FYQVrA.png

13 hours ago, Rivvik said:

/snip

Never treyed it but maybe a idea to place a DIY-Kit from Ground Construction in a KIS-Box bring it on Site. Drag out on place and build in Situ? RoverDudes Akita and PackRat can be both be assembled from KIS-Container direktly with KAS.

2 minutes ago, uxlapogi said:

If you mean the little blue book that I need to put into my inventory first to read it... you see the problem? :E

Or drag it in an inventory in VAB rightclick and press the big button "read":wink: No offense but it helped me personaly alot.

Just now, Urses said:

Or drag it in an inventory in VAB rightclick and press the big button "read":wink: No offense but it helped me personaly alot.

That would require information that is obtained from WITHIN the book, namely that I have to hold the mouse button while dragging.

5 minutes ago, Urses said:

Never treyed it but maybe a idea to place a DIY-Kit from Ground Construction in a KIS-Box bring it on Site. Drag out on place and build in Situ? RoverDudes Akita and PackRat can be both be assembled from KIS-Container direktly with KAS.

If I'm not mistaken, you can't drag items from building part of a screen in VAB/SPH into KIS container. Only from part list.

BUT, why don't you attach hangar part to your ship and then remove it on site with the help of KAS? It probably means some creative ship design, but why not? :)

@uxlapogi @Urses Guys, I've heard your point and added a section into the OP. Please, let me know if the red or bold is not enough to attract enough attention :)

23 minutes ago, maja said:

If I'm not mistaken, you can't drag items from building part of a screen in VAB/SPH into KIS container. Only from part list.

Try it and you'll be surprised :) It is possible.

And while we're here. Does anyone want to make a localization into the own native language? In a day or two I'm going to make a release which will include an Espaniol localization. C`mon! Where are the other dedicated KIS players?!

Edited by IgorZ

• 2 weeks later...

1.8 (December 14th, 2017):

• [Enhancement] Add Spanish localization.
  • [Fix #181] Match the part's menu max distance to the inventory grab distance.
  • [Fix #230] Equipped items don't destroy on kerbals pack.
  • [Fix #233] Mounted parts are improperly aligned to the target.
  • [Fix] Correct the localization string IDs that were conflicting with KAS.

14 hours ago, IgorZ said:

I think something went wonky with the 1.8 package - whole bunch of stuff in there that wasn't in previous versions, like some .py files, a ZIP with the fun parts (that are already in the root directory), the source code, Deps folder with old ModuleManager... There isn't a KIS_v1.8.zip on the github (whereas there was a KIS_v1.7.zip for the last version). 

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

4 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I think something went wonky with the 1.8 package - whole bunch of stuff in there that wasn't in previous versions, like some .py files, a ZIP with the fun parts (that are already in the root directory), the source code, Deps folder with old ModuleManager... There isn't a KIS_v1.8.zip on the github (whereas there was a KIS_v1.7.zip for the last version). 

you might want to read the OP and get the correct download from curse. Github isn't where you download the KIS install files (and it says so on the release notes on github.)

Do not use this release to install the mod! It's only a sources snapshot. Go to the forum thread for the complete installation instructions.

1 minute ago, wile1411 said:

you might want to read the OP and get the correct download from curse. Github isn't where you download the KIS install files (and it says so on the release notes on github.)

Ah yes, now I see that. You can understand my confusion considering the giant link to "KIS 1.8" in IgorZ's post...

5 hours ago, Kerbal hunter101 said:

In ksp 1.3.1 my kerbals can't equip any tool and can't place the screwdriver in the inventory.

Also the inventory window of the kerbals doesn't say what type of kerbal it is

Please, try the troubleshooting steps. If nothing helps, then share the log.

2 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Ah yes, now I see that. You can understand my confusion considering the giant link to "KIS 1.8" in IgorZ's post...

Well, you're probably right. The link to Github was not needed there. I was releasing several mods at the same time, so made it the same way for each.

@IgorZ, is there anything weird about how you create your KIS release zip files?  When I extract it on a Mac or Linux system, all the files come out world-writable.  Running zipinfo shows that the files in the zip came from a FAT filesystem, but with Unix-style permissions of "rw-rw-rw-".

(I'm guessing that maybe you're using macOS or Linux, but the files are on a FAT partition.  Since FAT doesn't support Unix-style owner/permission info, the files get simulated permissions that allow everyone access, and those simulated permissions end up being stored in the zip.)

2 hours ago, Wyzard said:

@IgorZ, is there anything weird about how you create your KIS release zip files?  When I extract it on a Mac or Linux system, all the files come out world-writable.  Running zipinfo shows that the files in the zip came from a FAT filesystem, but with Unix-style permissions of "rw-rw-rw-".

(I'm guessing that maybe you're using macOS or Linux, but the files are on a FAT partition.  Since FAT doesn't support Unix-style owner/permission info, the files get simulated permissions that allow everyone access, and those simulated permissions end up being stored in the zip.)

There is nothing weird.  I'm working on Windows/NTFS, and all the files in the release folder are RW for everyone, so "rw-rw-rw-" seems very reasonable. However, the release archive is made thru the built-in Python module, and I'm not sure if it even tries to persist the real permissions. I'd not be surprised if this mode is just a default when the FS is not ext*. Anyways, I will unlikely spend time to investigate/fix it. If you want to spend time to it, feel free to suggest a PR in the release builder repository.

Gracias !!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.