[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

1 hour ago, blnk2007 said:

What does "re-dock" do?

It's a shortcut action to quickly re-dock vessel on the station. You target a docket vessel, click on it, then select port to re-dock. By default shortcut key is "Y".

I'm having an issue where when I deconstruct parts with a wrench with KIS I am given material kits but I have no way of storing them and no way of configuring anything to store them either. I'm pretty sure I don't even have any mods that use material kits either but I could be wrong. Is there a way to configure them to break down into rocket parts or something more useful? Or even just a way to store them would be great and then I can use a resource converter to convert them into something usable thanks in advance.

52 minutes ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

I'm having an issue where when I deconstruct parts with a wrench with KIS I am given material kits but I have no way of storing them and no way of configuring anything to store them either. I'm pretty sure I don't even have any mods that use material kits either but I could be wrong. Is there a way to configure them to break down into rocket parts or something more useful? Or even just a way to store them would be great and then I can use a resource converter to convert them into something usable thanks in advance.

"Disassemble Part" in the Part Action Window is from Rover Dude's MKS.

sorry if this has been asked, but I have a situation.

while "moving" my base, the blanket solar panels, and only source of power were lost. I sent a freighter with some spares, but they are too big for a kerbal. is there any way to attach them without using a kerbal?

(the panels have 1000 volume, but the kerbal only 300)

Edited by Thachyo

If it is a ground base, you can move the panels along the ground. Just pick it up, move it closer, put it down, move the Kerbal. It is _not_ an enjoyable experience for a large amount of parts over any distance. I figure you conceivably could do the same in space if you where really good at EVA: Let the part float and push it with the Kerbonaut.

13 minutes ago, Freshmeat said:

If it is a ground base, you can move the panels along the ground. Just pick it up, move it closer, put it down, move the Kerbal. It is _not_ an enjoyable experience for a large amount of parts over any distance. I figure you conceivably could do the same in space if you where really good at EVA: Let the part float and push it with the Kerbonaut.

You can also use a 1000L storage box. Can't remember the name of the part, but you can wear it on your back and it has a capacity of 1000L. The KIS user guide shows how to use it.

2 hours ago, Thachyo said:

sorry if this has been asked, but I have a situation.

while "moving" my base, the blanket solar panels, and only source of power were lost. I sent a freighter with some spares, but they are too big for a kerbal. is there any way to attach them without using a kerbal?

(the panels have 1000 volume, but the kerbal only 300)

What panel part do you use? 1000 volume for a retracted panel looks to much. May be you stacked the panels in an extended state? Try pulling a panel out, retracting, then putting it back to the container.

1 hour ago, Freshmeat said:

The problem is that the panels are items inside the containers, not objects in the world. and I can't place from a container as far as I can gather

1 hour ago, blnk2007 said:

You can also use a 1000L storage box. Can't remember the name of the part, but you can wear it on your back and it has a capacity of 1000L. The KIS user guide shows how to use it.

this might be the solution. I'm a bit tight on funds, but a small delivery is feasible.

17 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

What panel part do you use? 1000 volume for a retracted panel looks to much. May be you stacked the panels in an extended state? Try pulling a panel out, retracting, then putting it back to the container.

They're from Near future I think - they're the second to largest panels available.

4 hours ago, OscarJade said:

Has anyone else had an issue where containers won't open, and an error message says 'path not found' for the sound file (even if the sound file is there)?

yup. read back or wait for someone else who actually knows what it's about to respond. I just remember seeing it talked about before

On 11/1/2016 at 3:14 PM, Thachyo said:

The problem is that the panels are items inside the containers, not objects in the world. and I can't place from a container as far as I can gather

this might be the solution. I'm a bit tight on funds, but a small delivery is feasible.

They're from Near future I think - they're the second to largest panels available.

Try going into KIS config file, and increase the kerbals grab limit and distance limit. You can also increase the kerbals volume limit as well.  

7 hours ago, OscarJade said:

Has anyone else had an issue where containers won't open, and an error message says 'path not found' for the sound file (even if the sound file is there)?

How/where did you see the error message? If it shows up in the logs at the game loading then it's a known issue, it doesn't affect anything. As for not opening containers we need logs and detailed description on how you've tried to open it.

I see in the KIS settings.cfg that you can add an item into every pod. Do I need to add this to each pod?

// Specifies items to add to every pod's seat. To add
            // more items add more lines.
            //addToAllSeats = KIS.evapropellant

11 hours ago, SkyRender said:

This mod rocks!  Only two things I'd like to see added: Kerbal-equippable parachutes, and Kerbal-equippable heatshields.  Can we say "old-school re-entry technique"?

You know that if these existed we would see challenges to land a Kerbal as accurately as possible from a specified start condition?  And there would be cries for steerable parachutes?

Think twice before making a suggestion like this! :):)

Edited by Loren Pechtel

6 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

You know that if these existed we would see challenges to land a Kerbal as accurately as possible from a specified start condition?  And there would be cries for steerable parachutes?

Think twice before making a suggestion like this! :):)

Someone could make a texture replacer Eva suit that looks like it could survive re-entry. Is there a module manager config we could make to add ablative shielding to kerbals and raise their heat tolerance?

As far as the parachutes, there is a mod that adds Eva chutes in two versions. One round and the other is a wing. Not sure if it is steerable.

Hello, I have made some small modifications to KIS which allows me to attach the ModuleKISPickup on regular parts. The new feature is used by the SpaceDock mod linked in my signature.

I do not dare to submit a pull request at github before I don't have some feedback if the modification causes troubles. Thus please give me some feedback. :D

Edited by Fendrin

I play KSP1.2.1 on a Win10 64bit. The containers don't allow me to put anything in them; the inventory window pops up but nothing can be dropped into the slots.  I've tried clean install of 32 and 64bit KSP version with only KAS and KIS mods , and it still same problem. Anyone has got any idea????

Has anyone else had issues with this mod causing parts to clip into the surface of a planet/moon and then freak out from the resulting kraken strike? I'm about to start building another base so I'll know for sure then if it's this mod or not (as this base doesn't have anything from KIS/KAS attached). Just wondering if anyone else has these issues and I'll post my findings later when I get them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.