[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

Decided to dive back into KSP again after a few months of hiatus, and after updating all my mods, all Kerbals only have an inventory size of 1.00 L, not even enough for a screwdriver, and nothing that can fit in their inventory has any kind of action menu—can't use a wrench, for example, even with a level 1 engineer. I do use a ton of mods, are there some that are known to cause conflicts in this regard? It's a brand new save from just a couple days ago.

Edited by ZalgoWaits

4 hours ago, ZalgoWaits said:

Decided to dive back into KSP again after a few months of hiatus, and after updating all my mods, all Kerbals only have an inventory size of 1.00 L, not even enough for a screwdriver, and nothing that can fit in their inventory has any kind of action menu—can't use a wrench, for example, even with a level 1 engineer. I do use a ton of mods, are there some that are known to cause conflicts in this regard? It's a brand new save from just a couple days ago.

Sounds like a mods conflict. Given the symptoms its should be very easy to troubleshoot it: just remove anything but KIS, start a new game, and check the sizes. If problem still exist then upload somewhere full KSP.log file and give a link to it here.

16 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Sounds like a mods conflict. Given the symptoms its should be very easy to troubleshoot it: just remove anything but KIS, start a new game, and check the sizes. If problem still exist then upload somewhere full KSP.log file and give a link to it here.

Have done so, still happening on brand new sandbox save. Even deleted GameData\Squad and had Steam redownload it to make sure everything was on the up-and-up. KSP.log is here.

6 minutes ago, ZalgoWaits said:

Have done so, still happening on brand new sandbox save. Even deleted GameData\Squad and had Steam redownload it to make sure everything was on the up-and-up. KSP.log is here.

Here is the issue:

[LOG 17:30:55.662] Set KIS config...
[ERR 17:30:55.662] KIS settings.cfg not found or invalid !

Please, check if you've installed KIS correctly. It looks you managed to get "settings.cfg" deleted. Try the simplest approach and just re-install KIS completely (see instructions in the topic starter).

6 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Here is the issue:

[LOG 17:30:55.662] Set KIS config...
[ERR 17:30:55.662] KIS settings.cfg not found or invalid !

Please, check if you've installed KIS correctly. It looks you managed to get "settings.cfg" deleted. Try the simplest approach and just re-install KIS completely (see instructions in the topic starter).

Not sure how but that seems to have been the case. Thanks so much!

Mod doesn't work. All kerbals have only 1.00L of volume space and cannot carry anything. Have tried everything others have done as well as reinstalling KAS, KIS, and making sure they are the only mods installed.

My log says this but the config is there after a fresh clean install.

Please fix the zip

KIS settings.cfg not found or invalid !

Lots of other people are complaining about the same issue. -_-

1 hour ago, sumo said:

Have tried everything others have done as well as reinstalling KAS, KIS, and making sure they are the only mods installed.

How exactly did you do re-install? I tried re-installation via CKAN and it worked just fine.

1 hour ago, sumo said:

My log says this but the config is there after a fresh clean install.

Not sure I got it. Do you see the error despite the fact the file is there? The release ZIP does have the settings file.

1 hour ago, sumo said:

Lots of other people are complaining about the same issue. -_-

So far it's a second report I ever seen. Where do "lots of other people" report KIS issues? And why they don't do it on the forum or github?

3 hours ago, Sunesha said:

I'm a bit confused. It states that it overhauls KAS

So I should not download KAS as it is included in KIS

Just don't want to have any future problems =) 

Keep reading. The OP mentions KAS as a useful mod. KAS provides parts that are useful but not completely necessary. Most people will install both.

PS There used to be just KAS and then the orignal author split the functionality into two mods (KIS and KAS). 

Edited by Tarheel1999

10 hours ago, Tarheel1999 said:

Keep reading. The OP mentions KAS as a useful mod. KAS provides parts that are useful but not completely necessary. Most people will install both.

PS There used to be just KAS and then the orignal author split the functionality into two mods (KIS and KAS). 

Thanks mate. I found the thread for KAS.. I think I stumbled into a older thread. Sometimes my English skills are working against me. Your clarification was helpful to me :wink:

Awesome, this will be very fun to play around with. 

Hello. I would like to report a bug.

I have a kerbal floating by jetpack. However, pressing W does not make me turn to face the correct orientation - it seems to lock, and slowly precess around some axis until it is painful to move the kerbal back into the craft, no matter if they are carrying things or not (in build mode, all controls lock up.). are there any ways to correct this, and is this caused by KIS?

On 2/6/2017 at 6:36 PM, Wyzard said:

Doesn't have to be a full kerbal-sized inventory.  Since you're talking about something separate from the kerbal's own inventory space, and the main use-case for this is probably the wrenches and screwdrivers, it could just be a "glove box" with a few liters of storage.

I am teaching myself how to write for MM.  I wrote this real quick to add a "glovebox" of four slots and 10L for every seat in a capsule.  I am fairly confident this works but YMMV.  Feel free to offer suggestions.

@PART[*]:NEEDS[KIS]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[1]]]:Final
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKISInventory
		maxVolume = #$/CrewCapacity$
		@maxVolume *= 10
		externalAccess = false
		internalAccess = true
		slotsX = #$/CrewCapacity$
		slotsY = 4
		slotSize = 50
		itemIconResolution = 128
		selfIconResolution = 128
		openSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerOpen
		closeSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerClose
		defaultMoveSndPath = KIS/Sounds/itemMove
	}
}

On 3/13/2017 at 11:27 AM, Rory Yammomoto said:

I have a kerbal floating by jetpack. However, pressing W does not make me turn to face the correct orientation - it seems to lock, and slowly precess around some axis until it is painful to move the kerbal back into the craft, no matter if they are carrying things or not (in build mode, all controls lock up.). are there any ways to correct this, and is this caused by KIS?

KIS interacts with the jetpack controls only when you do drag-n-drop operation in EVA. It's technically possible for this functionality to break but so far no such cases were reported. I'd suggest you to do the following:

1. Remove all other mod except KIS&KAS to exclude mods conflict case.
  2. Reproduce a definite sequence of step to make the issue show up.
  3. Document the steps and attach KSP.log (located in the game's root folder).

Which file (location) determines how many objects we're holding in our inventory? I accidentally blew up a power plug used for the SEP mod and I'm an idiot and didn't bring any extras. I'm sitting on the Mun with no save since setting up my whole test area and I am 1 plug short of being able to use all my experiment packages. 

34 minutes ago, ItsSeanBroleson said:

Which file (location) determines how many objects we're holding in our inventory? I accidentally blew up a power plug used for the SEP mod and I'm an idiot and didn't bring any extras. I'm sitting on the Mun with no save since setting up my whole test area and I am 1 plug short of being able to use all my experiment packages. 

If you want to take the challenge of facing the concequences, then you know what to do. TA TA TA TAN TAAAAN!  Emergency resupply mission. After all, it's just the Mun, except Kerbin orbit, it's the closest you can be

Edited by EstebanLB

30 minutes ago, EstebanLB said:

If you want to take the challenge of facing the concequences, then you know what to do. TA TA TA TAN TAAAAN!  Emergency resupply mission. After all, it's just the Mun, except Kerbin orbit, it's the closest you can be

I'd rather just change a number in a config file. I'm on a fresh game and using the last of my cash to launch $90k rockets to do rendezvouses in orbit for this Mun mission. I only have the 45 cost R&D tier unlocked and like 3 technologies from the 90 cost R&D tier, thus I need quantity to replace my lack of quality parts. I don't have a lot of extra resources for unscheduled missions.

54 minutes ago, EstebanLB said:

22 minutes ago, ItsSeanBroleson said:

I'd rather just change a number in a config file. I'm on a fresh game and using the last of my cash to launch $90k rockets to do rendezvouses in orbit for this Mun mission. I only have the 45 cost R&D tier unlocked and like 3 technologies from the 90 cost R&D tier, thus I need quantity to replace my lack of quality parts. I don't have a lot of extra resources for unscheduled missions.

What I've taken to doing in such situations is put the problematic mission on hold and carryon with something else.  The next time a mission is going nearby there's an engineer on board with the part and extra EVA fuel.

8 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

What I've taken to doing in such situations is put the problematic mission on hold and carryon with something else.  The next time a mission is going nearby there's an engineer on board with the part and extra EVA fuel.

I'm asuming he needs the money from that mission to do more

19 minutes ago, Tarheel1999 said:

Use the orbit editor in the cheats menu. Launch a small vessel, use the cheat to orbit Kerbin, again to orbit the Mun. It might even land the vessel for you but not sure about that. Should be pretty cheap. 

Or one can use ALT+F12 (on PC) and go to the Cheats menu to just add funds enough for another mission to the Mun.  I have done both depending on the situation...but the money cheat is slightly less cheaty I guess. :)

Edited by Red Stapler
added more infos

10 hours ago, ItsSeanBroleson said:

Information about items in inventory is stored inside `ITEM` tag. E.g.:

ITEM
{
  partName = KIS.electricScrewdriver
  slot = 0
  quantity = 1
  equipped = False
  resourceMass = 0
  contentMass = 0
  contentCost = 0
  PART
  {
    // part's stuff
  }
}

You need to adjust the field `quantity`. For the correct game economy handling the mass and cost fields need to be adjusting too, but you may skip it since you're cheating anyways :)

10 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Information about items in inventory is stored inside `ITEM` tag. E.g.:

ITEM
{
  partName = KIS.electricScrewdriver
  slot = 0
  quantity = 1
  equipped = False
  resourceMass = 0
  contentMass = 0
  contentCost = 0
  PART
  {
    // part's stuff
  }
}

You need to adjust the field `quantity`. For the correct game economy handling the mass and cost fields need to be adjusting too, but you may skip it since you're cheating anyways :)

Lol, please don't rub it in! I'm usually a sucker for winning fair and square, but i'm only doing this because it's a small tiny aspect to the mission. Just think of this as the equivalent to Bill finding a spare plug in the glove box.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.