[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

1 minute ago, IgorZ said:

This documentary movie is, of course, a good reference, but Matt Damon is a well trained NASA professional. He spent months in the Astronaut training facility (Houston, TX). And we're just PC gamers. Don't compare.

ROFL, thanks!

1 minute ago, IgorZ said:

This documentary movie is, of course, a good reference, but Matt Damon is a well trained NASA professional. He spent months in the Astronaut training facility (Houston, TX). And we're just PC gamers. Don't compare

Yeah but I guess we want Kerbal Space Program close to reality right?

1 minute ago, raptor30 said:

Yeah but I guess we want Kerbal Space Program close to reality right?

We want our game to be fun and interesting!

For this we want all Kerbals to be useful.

And you can customize your game as you want.

1 minute ago, Sebra said:

We want our game to be fun and interesting!

For this we want all Kerbals to be useful.

And you can customize your game as you want.

yeah I just did that but I wanted to tell my opinion on the mod not wanted to criticize it. No need to " ROFL " about it...

Just now, raptor30 said:

yeah I just did that but I wanted to tell my opinion on the mod not wanted to criticize it. No need to " ROFL " about it...

Your opinion is not bad, but wrong (in my opinion).

I answered with arguments, you just ignored.

ROFL was not about you, but about some movie, attempting to be as much scientific as possible.

1 hour ago, raptor30 said:

No I can't fix an engine that is a mechanic job but I sure can screw something on the wall or in some other parts... that is exactly what i need it to do in my mission with Bob... he is a scientist he can operate all that science stuff but he can't use a electric screw driver to attach a science part on the ship... that what I was calling absurd. Just look at the movie martian for example... that guy was a botanist and he manage to do a lot of stuff there. Of course you need a engineer to fix a wheel, solar panel or replace a parachute but common just attach a part on the side of the ship with screws using a electric screwdriver that I guess everyone can do it.

It's actually a lot more complex than simply picking up a screwdriver.

Any Kerbal that made it into the program probably could do it--on Kerbin.  Doing it in vacuum in a suit is quite another matter!

Mark Watney was an engineer as well as a botanist so of course he could do all that. :) 

Maybe really experienced Kerbals could train another skillset? Would definitely be out of scope for this mod tho. 

11 hours ago, Varsi said:

Mark Watney was an engineer as well as a botanist so of course he could do all that. :) 

Maybe really experienced Kerbals could train another skillset? Would definitely be out of scope for this mod tho. 

The game's code allows defining multiple skills for a kerbal, and KIS does support this model. However, the current implementation of the game doesn't assume a crew member can have more than one skill. Install a mode that allows Mark to have both the "engineer" and "botanic" skills, and you'll get what you want :)  What KIS cannot do for now is allowing the tools for a set of skills.

Edited by IgorZ

Before you've asked:

NO, the current versions of KIS & KAS don't work with KSP 1.3.

I'm working on the resolution but I only have one evening to get it done. On Saturday a long local weekend starts, and I'll be out of the town. So, if the re is no update on Friday night, then Tuesday is the best bet.

Plus, `ModuleManager v2.7.6` doesn't work as well. For KIS it's critical, for KAS it's just an little inconvinince.

Hi,

I need some help. I cant grab ou attach anything. My kerbal equips the screwdriver and tries to attach something from its inventory (a thermometer for instance) but the only thing I manage to do is to drop it... And I just cant grab the item anymore. 

I use the keys to grab, attach or dettach, no use. The mouse pointer changes to a hand (or scredriver), gets green, all seems to be fine except I cant do nothing.

I´m using KSP 1.2.2, KIS 1.4.4 and KAS 0.6.2. No other mods installed (I reinstalled the entire game just to be sure the issue wasn´t some kind of incompatibility with other mods).

Any help would be appreciated.

15 minutes ago, RichardD said:

Hi,

I need some help. I cant grab ou attach anything. My kerbal equips the screwdriver and tries to attach something from its inventory (a thermometer for instance) but the only thing I manage to do is to drop it... And I just cant grab the item anymore. 

I use the keys to grab, attach or dettach, no use. The mouse pointer changes to a hand (or scredriver), gets green, all seems to be fine except I cant do nothing.

I´m using KSP 1.2.2, KIS 1.4.4 and KAS 0.6.2. No other mods installed (I reinstalled the entire game just to be sure the issue wasn´t some kind of incompatibility with other mods).

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you make a short video to demonstrate the issue? This is a very basic functionality which is working for everyone. Since you say there is no other mods, the only idea that comes in my mind is that you improperly use the mod.

Just a few things to try:

• Equip "Screwdriver".
  • Once you've grabbed an item from the inventory (e.g. a thermometer), point the mouse over any part of the vessel. Press "X" and click - the part should attach.
  • Once you've dropped a part, point on it, press "H", click and hold left mouыe button. The mouse pointer should have a part's icon nearby. Drag it into the inventory slot and release.

Hello,

i've built myself a RSS installation based on 1.2.2. Apparently ckan grabs the most recent version of KIS and installs it. But the latest version of KIS seems to be incompatible with KSP 1.2.2 which leads to a crash. Would it be possible to put in a working version of KIS for 1.2.2?

12 minutes ago, Nergal8617 said:

You can always go manually get the older version off of Curse and install it. This page, version 1.4.4 => https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/kerbal-inventory-system-kis/files

Yes, I can. But ckan, recognizing KSP as version 1.2.2 could also only download compatible mods. If not so, ckan would have no reason to exist

2 minutes ago, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

But ckan, recognizing KSP as version 1.2.2 could also only download compatible mods. If not so, ckan would have no reason to exist

That would be a CKAN feature and should be brought up on the CKAN forum, not on the KIS forum.

5 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Can you make a short video to demonstrate the issue? This is a very basic functionality which is working for everyone. Since you say there is no other mods, the only idea that comes in my mind is that you improperly use the mod.

Just a few things to try:

• Equip "Screwdriver".
  • Once you've grabbed an item from the inventory (e.g. a thermometer), point the mouse over any part of the vessel. Press "X" and click - the part should attach.
  • Once you've dropped a part, point on it, press "H", click and hold left mouыe button. The mouse pointer should have a part's icon nearby. Drag it into the inventory slot and release.

Hi IgorZ,

I did as you said (screwdriver, grab from inventory, point to vessel part, press X...). Nothing happens...

Please help.

Here is the video: 

3 minutes ago, RichardD said:

I did as you said (screwdriver, grab from inventory, point to vessel part, press X...). Nothing happens...

You have to hold the button and then click.  When you see it go blue like that, instead of green, it means it will attach; green means it will drop.

27 minutes ago, Nergal8617 said:

You have to hold the button and then click.  When you see it go blue like that, instead of green, it means it will attach; green means it will drop.

Hi Nergal8617,

I did that, hold button and click. Nothing happens.

3 hours ago, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

Yes, I can. But ckan, recognizing KSP as version 1.2.2 could also only download compatible mods. If not so, ckan would have no reason to exist

Very good point my friend :P since I can confirm the same crash of KSP using this latest KIS version stating it is compatible with KSP v1.2.2.

I like all supporters of CKAN to stand up and spread the word to all cool modders. Allthough we like their very cool mods, we are a bit confused when incompatible newer mods load using CKAN while this pretty great tool is made specially for versioning and to make our complicated modding lives easy :wink: . 

So please please please great modders who I adore, can you please see into the CKAN versioning of your mod(s) so that we dumb users are able to click a mod on and off like a brainless bambi?

Lots of thanks in advance.

I love this mod and I use Ckan to keep it uptodate. Loaded the 1.5 version today and had my first Ksp Crash in years.  I unapplied the KIS mod and I got a clean startup. I reapplied the mod and got the same crash so I think it is KIS causing the issue.

Here is a snipet of the error log. All the crashes had the same .dll causing the access violation.  If you need more information I will gladly provide it.

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.4.0p4_b15b5ae035b7]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0033:dd610e6a.

Error occurred at 2017-05-27_083430.
E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe, run by Troy.
24% memory in use.
24530 MB physical memory [18586 MB free].
28114 MB paging file [21692 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134215770 MB free].
Read from location 00000010 caused an access violation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.