[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

4 hours ago, LitaAlto said:

Ah, thank you very much, that's extremely helpful! I'll share the results when done.

You're welcome. And if you make your own guide or doc that may help others, I'll be happy to add it into Wiki!

1 hour ago, LitaAlto said:

So this is what I was working on:

Album a/a17Lfct will appear when post is submitted

can't get it to show up as a picture for some reason. :sticktongue:

Imgur albums don’t really cooperate with the forum software well. Try separately copying and pasting the ‘direct link’ into the post for each image.

3 hours ago, LitaAlto said:

can't get it to show up as a picture for some reason

right click on the pic and then "Copy graphic address" this link should work

@IgorZ gongratz on KAS 1.0 release

back to KIS in my first tests the EVAtank dont let u attach/detach is this intend to be ?

Spoiler

C5cep38.pngGqKfyGD.png

log (before change):https://sabercathost.com/9u8f/KSP.log

change the line to this* fix the attach/detach problem,but spawn some ,warnings.errors

*allowPartAttach = True                             

log after change:https://sabercathost.com/9u8e/KSPafter_change.log

edit: i rescaled the containermount to fit the *tank and add a node to it*,if u want to include i will pass it to u

Edited by Burning Kan

6 minutes ago, Burning Kan said:

back to KIS in my first tests the EVAtank dont let u attach/detach is this intend to be ?

Expected. Almost nothing is working as expected in 1.5.1 for the stock female suites.

And if you want some fun. The model object, which the items were attaching to before the update was named "body01" (they are looked up by a name). It was the same for all of the models. Guess how it's named in the new version of the female stock suites? "mesh_female_kerbalAstronaut01_body01" it is!!! Indeed, nobody will confuse male and female suites now. I bet the squad team had a good reason to do this renaming! E.g. Jebb could accidentally take Valentina's suit, and it posed a threat to the whole mission? Anyways, we now need a fix to KIS.

30 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Expected. Almost nothing is working as expected in 1.5.1 for the stock female suites.

And if you want some fun. The model object, which the items were attaching to before the update was named "body01" (they are looked up by a name). It was the same for all of the models. Guess how it's named in the new version of the female stock suites? "mesh_female_kerbalAstronaut01_body01" it is!!! Indeed, nobody will confuse male and female suites now. I bet the squad team had a good reason to do this renaming! E.g. Jebb could accidentally take Valentina's suit, and it posed a threat to the whole mission? Anyways, we now need a fix to KIS.

Well, that would leave Valentina with a suit that doesn't meet female sanitary needs and has no space for two of her body parts....

8 hours ago, LitaAlto said:

So this is what I was working on:

Album a/a17Lfct will appear when post is submitted

can't get it to show up as a picture for some reason. :sticktongue:

Trying again with a direct link:

http://imgur.com/ZVEt2Df

I give up for now. Just look at the link if you wanted to see what I was up to.

Edited by LitaAlto

seems very logic to change the name ,to avoid confusion(example:  3 posts above),should not be hard to fix for u or? also good to know ,thx

godsend its not a (stock)bug,it would be the second bug on Val-and i dont want a Feminist debate here (women are disadvantaged everywhere even in KSP!/dont want to hear here)

6 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

seems very logic to change the name ,to avoid confusion(example:  3 posts above),should not be hard to fix for u or? also good to know ,thx

Well, after second reading I figured out you were referring a different problem: attaching the EVA tank to another part, not a kerbal suite. This is not a bug. Many KIS items are not attachable. You can drop them on the ground, but you cannot attach them to a vessel. Specifically for the tank, what would be the purpose of attaching other than "don't let it fly away"? Are you planning to make an EVA propellant reserve on the surface of your vessels? Any particular reason to not put them into a container?

14 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

is this intend to be ?

i was not sure, but thought it, and thats why its not a bug report.

on rovers the have not enough space for a container or near a airlock(so dont use my mono dV/EVAfuel-mod) as a example , the weight &and the containersize is was the reason ,this is also why i rescaled the container-mount & add a node to the tank (not realistic to screw a tank on a capsule)

7 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

on rovers the have not enough space for a container or near a airlock(so dont use my mono dV/EVAfuel-mod) as a example , the weight &and the containersize is was the reason ,this is also why i rescaled the container-mount & add a node to the tank (not realistic to screw a tank on a capsule)

This behavior is what I like. However, it can be even better. Feel free to comment there. Do not expect it be implemented soon, though. It's for KIS v2.0 (spoiler alert!).

7 hours ago, I likeOxidizerrfuel said:

Is KIS updated to 1.5.X?

I'm doing my best to have it done (and "my best" is very limited during the weekdays). As soon as it happen, you'll see an update in this thread.

Edited by IgorZ

1.15 (October 27th, 2018):

• [Change] KSP 1.5.* compatibility.
  • [Fix #268] Wrong size detection on the MH expansion parts. READ #273!!!
  • [Fix #269] Equip items and remove helmet actions don't work.
  • [Fix #270] Command seats must not be allowed to have inventory.
  • [Fix #271] In some languages the CCK tags are broken.

Good weekends to everyone!

8 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@IgorZ thanks a lot for the update!

Just a thing-- when I click the link to download the update, CurseForge says it was unable to find the file. Maybe you forgot to upload before you posted?

I think it's because of the file is "under review". Give it a time. It used to take 5-10 mins, but todays it may take up to an hour :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.