IgorZ

[1.7.3] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.22

Recommended Posts

I have two Kerbals on the Mun and I noticed that the one carrying stuff in his inventory walks weirdly on the surface, like playing a movie at 2x fast foward, while the other with nothing in inventory walks normally. I also noticed that this bug was worse before one of the two recent updates (I skipped 1.4.4) or the last KSP update, because back then the walks had also a little stuttering together.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by Vinil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vinil said:

I have two Kerbals on the Mun and I noticed that the one carrying stuff on his inventory walks weirdly on the surface, like playing a movie on 2x fast foward, while the other with nothing on inventory walks normal. I also noticed that this bug was worse before one of the two recently updates (I skipped 1.4.4) or the last KSP update, because back then the walks had also a little stuttering together.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Can you make a video to demonstrate it? From the technical perspective, each item in the backpack adds to the kerbal's mass. So, depending on how the walk physics is implement, it may affect the cinematics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Can you make a video to demonstrate it? From the technical perspective, each item in the backpack adds to the kerbal's mass. So, depending on how the walk physics is implement, it may affect the cinematics.

Here it is. The first Kerbal shown is the one with stuff on his back, and the second is the one with empty inventory. Below I show the itens inside Helca's inventory.

fcfbaa8557f231086daa3a3dbba23299.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vinil said:

Here it is. The first Kerbal shown is the one with stuff on his back, and the second is the one with empty inventory. Below I show the itens inside Helca's inventory.

 

I don't *think* that's a bug.  The concept being that with the extra mass, they aren't pushing overly far off the surface with every step, so they end up walking at a Kerbin-like stroll rather than the bouncy normal moon stroll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

I don't *think* that's a bug.  The concept being that with the extra mass, they aren't pushing overly far off the surface with every step, so they end up walking at a Kerbin-like stroll rather than the bouncy normal moon stroll.

There's nothing to do about it then? It's not a issue that would drive me crazy, but I must confess that this walking looks very weird to me in-game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vinil said:

Here it is. The first Kerbal shown is the one with stuff on his back, and the second is the one with empty inventory. Below I show the itens inside Helca's inventory.

Thanks for the video. I'd agree with @Krakatoa that this is a consequence of a greater mass. With the jetpack the effect is obvious: the thrust-to-weight ratio defines how fast the kerbal can ascend. When a kerbal walks, there is no engine involved, but still a force needs to be applied to lift the body during a step. It looks the Squad team has implemented the walking cinematics thru the physics forces rather than a simple pre-recorded movement sequence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Thanks for the video. I'd agree with @Krakatoa that this is a consequence of a greater mass. With the jetpack the effect is obvious: the thrust-to-weight ratio defines how fast the kerbal can ascend. When a kerbal walks, there is no engine involved, but still a force needs to be applied to lift the body during a step. It looks the Squad team has implemented the walking cinematics thru the physics forces rather than a simple pre-recorded movement sequence.

Thanks for making it clear. Guess I'll have to get used to it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How me drag things back into the container? I press G and try drag in GUI container but GUI in not active.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rogirgg said:

How me drag things back into the container? I press G and try drag in GUI container but GUI in not active.

- open the destination container's inventory window
- make sure your kerbal has tool equipped to detach the part (if necessary)
- hold down G button on keyboard, cursor should be hand, with tooltip "Grab"
- click on the part you want to store, do not release mouse button (you can release G button on keyboard)
- as long as you are holding down the mouse button, part should show as an icon, not a hologram
- while continuing to hold down the mouse button, drag the part icon into the container inventory window
- release mouse button when over empty slot to store the part

Edited by cakepie
oops, incomplete post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rogirgg said:

How me drag things back into the container? I press G and try drag in GUI container but GUI in not active.

A picture of when it's happening would be handy.  Do you have an engineer close enough to the container to open it while close enough to the piece to grab it?  When you press G, are you holding it down until you release the mouse click in the slot of the container?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, cakepie said:

- open the destination container's inventory window
- make sure your kerbal has tool equipped to detach the part (if necessary)
- hold down G button on keyboard, cursor should be hand, with tooltip "Grab"
- click on the part you want to store, do not release mouse button (you can release G button on keyboard)
- as long as you are holding down the mouse button, part should show as an icon, not a hologram
- while continuing to hold down the mouse button, drag the part icon into the container inventory window
- release mouse button when over empty slot to store the part

Thanks, I have understood my mistakes. I had released mouse button, when I was dragging thing into the container. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a known issue when trying to add Compound Parts to a KIS inventory while in the editor?

I get an error when trying to add a fuel line or strut directly from the parts selection tab. If I attach the part to the vessel, then drag it into the inventory then it works, but there is a different exception and the volume calculation is way too high.

This is the error when dragging from the parts tab to the inventory (it occurs when I attempt to drop the part into the inventory):

Spoiler

[LOG 11:45:50.828] Start pickup in mode Move from part: strutConnector (CompoundPart)
[EXC 11:45:51.947] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    CompoundPart.GetReferenceTransform ()
    ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (.Part PartRef, .ProtoVessel protoVessel)
    KIS.KIS_Shared.PartSnapshot (.Part part)
    KIS.KIS_Item..ctor (.Part part, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, Single quantity)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (.Part part, Single qty, Int32 slot)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory+<>c__DisplayClass24.<GuiHandleEmptySlot>b__21 (.Part p)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory+<AsyncConsumePartFromScene>d__2a.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

And this is the error when dragging from a part on the vessel to the inventory (it occurs when the part is first dragged away):

Spoiler

[LOG 11:45:44.914] Start pickup in mode Move from part: strutConnector (CompoundPart)
[LOG 11:45:46.047] Decouple regular part strutConnector (id=0) from regular part landerCabinSmall (id=0)
[EXC 11:45:46.048] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.disconnect (Boolean controlledSeparation)
    Part.decouple (Single breakForce)
    KIS.KIS_Shared+<AsyncDecoupleAssembly>d__d.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory:ConsumePartFromScene(Part, OnPartReady, OnPartReady)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory:GuiHandleEmptySlot(Rect, Int32)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory:GuiInventory()
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory:GuiMain(Int32)
    UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Full log file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3cAprRU0gLiR1BWMGxvUnlvaUU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DMagic said:

Is there a known issue when trying to add Compound Parts to a KIS inventory while in the editor?

I get an error when trying to add a fuel line or strut directly from the parts selection tab. If I attach the part to the vessel, then drag it into the inventory then it works, but there is a different exception and the volume calculation is way too high.

This is the error when dragging from the parts tab to the inventory (it occurs when I attempt to drop the part into the inventory):

  Hide contents

[LOG 11:45:50.828] Start pickup in mode Move from part: strutConnector (CompoundPart)
[EXC 11:45:51.947] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    CompoundPart.GetReferenceTransform ()
    ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (.Part PartRef, .ProtoVessel protoVessel)
    KIS.KIS_Shared.PartSnapshot (.Part part)
    KIS.KIS_Item..ctor (.Part part, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, Single quantity)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (.Part part, Single qty, Int32 slot)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory+<>c__DisplayClass24.<GuiHandleEmptySlot>b__21 (.Part p)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory+<AsyncConsumePartFromScene>d__2a.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

And this is the error when dragging from a part on the vessel to the inventory (it occurs when the part is first dragged away):

  Hide contents

[LOG 11:45:44.914] Start pickup in mode Move from part: strutConnector (CompoundPart)
[LOG 11:45:46.047] Decouple regular part strutConnector (id=0) from regular part landerCabinSmall (id=0)
[EXC 11:45:46.048] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.disconnect (Boolean controlledSeparation)
    Part.decouple (Single breakForce)
    KIS.KIS_Shared+<AsyncDecoupleAssembly>d__d.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory:ConsumePartFromScene(Part, OnPartReady, OnPartReady)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory:GuiHandleEmptySlot(Rect, Int32)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory:GuiInventory()
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory:GuiMain(Int32)
    UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Full log file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3cAprRU0gLiR1BWMGxvUnlvaUU

I remember issues in the editor with some parts. May be this issue has returned, I need to check. But just to let you know: you won't be able to use the stock fuel lines and struts via KIS even if you were able to put them into the inventory. The compound parts are not supported.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found 2 possibly unrelated possibly already known bugs. the first is that (for me at least) the kerbal inventory only has a volume of 1L meaning they can't even hold a drill (3L). I poked around the confg and found where it looks like it sets the kerbal's inventory, when i found it it was set to 300. i went ahead and tacked on 2 more zeros to see if that changed anything, it did not. :(

the second may or may not be a bug but none of the command or habitation parts have inventorys to begin with.

any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Chesus
could not insert screenshot so removed the line promissing one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chesus said:

I have found 2 possibly unrelated possibly already known bugs. the first is that (for me at least) the kerbal inventory only has a volume of 1L meaning they can't even hold a drill (3L). I poked around the confg and found where it looks like it sets the kerbal's inventory, when i found it it was set to 300. i went ahead and tacked on 2 more zeros to see if that changed anything, it did not. :(

the second may or may not be a bug but none of the command or habitation parts have inventorys to begin with.

any help would be appreciated.

The both symptoms clearly point to a problem with the `ModuleManager` in your system. Please, check that for KSP 1.3 you have at least 2.8.0 version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The both symptoms clearly point to a problem with the `ModuleManager` in your system. Please, check that for KSP 1.3 you have at least 2.8.0 version.

It should be noted that i was using KSP version 1.2.2 but have since updated to 1.3. i downloaded ModuleManager 2.8.0 along with finding the latest version of KIS and KAS, however the problems still persist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chesus said:

It should be noted that i was using KSP version 1.2.2 but have since updated to 1.3. i downloaded ModuleManager 2.8.0 along with finding the latest version of KIS and KAS, however the problems still persist.

We need the logs then. Please, share the `KSP.log` file for the game's root folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

We need the logs then. Please, share the `KSP.log` file for the game's root folder.

i should use past-bin i take it then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chesus said:

i should use past-bin i take it then?

Or something similar, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nergal8617 said:

Or something similar, yes.

here is the thing from what i can tell i have to copy/past the whole thing in, and the file size is ~40MB... not something you can practically copy/past.

if I'm wrong and there is a better way to do it, do tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chesus said:

here is the thing from what i can tell i have to copy/past the whole thing in, and the file size is ~40MB... not something you can practically copy/past.

if I'm wrong and there is a better way to do it, do tell.

Upload it to dropbox or google drive and put a link to it here. Also, it helps when getting logs for debugging to start the game, reproduce the bug as quickly as possible, and then quit the game. This makes sure that the file is as short as it needs to be.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone :)

At first: Great Mod, i like it to give EVA some aditional purposes by things like that. I'm using KIS together with KAS and the USI colonisation system. After the last update of KSP to 1.3, i updated all mods to work with the new version - which seems to do so. But since the latest updates i have a second "disassemble" button when i'm right clicking on a structure on EVA. It's not a bad issue since both buttons seem to work, but it looks a bit confusing. Is there some sort of incompatibility with the updated mods? I read that KIS and KAS are standalone versions, could that be the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chesus said:

Here is the problem:

[LOG 11:58:18.772] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Users\John Doe\Desktop\KSP_win64\GameData\GameData KIS\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll

You've installed KIS (and many other mods as well) into a wrong directory. The right directory is:

C:\Users\John Doe\Desktop\KSP_win64\GameData\KIS

 

Edited by IgorZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ManuG said:

Hello everyone :)

At first: Great Mod, i like it to give EVA some aditional purposes by things like that. I'm using KIS together with KAS and the USI colonisation system. After the last update of KSP to 1.3, i updated all mods to work with the new version - which seems to do so. But since the latest updates i have a second "disassemble" button when i'm right clicking on a structure on EVA. It's not a bad issue since both buttons seem to work, but it looks a bit confusing. Is there some sort of incompatibility with the updated mods? I read that KIS and KAS are standalone versions, could that be the issue?

"Disassembly" button doesn't belong to KIS or KAS. Try removing the both mods to figure out if they are the actual problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.