[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

1 hour ago, kerbalfreak said:

Is possible to take a part with a Kerbal and put in a container for future use? I searched this, read the guide and tried in game, but I can't figure out this. Thanks! :)

No the Kerbal would go MIA or KIA depending on settings. Parts in inventories are "destroyed" then recreated when taken out. 

22 minutes ago, bolttanker said:

hi 

no mater what i do i cant seem to get the EVA-1 propellant to work 

i can equip it but it does nothing  plz help

Open the inventory, point the mouse over the tank, click the right mouse button, choose "Refuel".

11 hours ago, bolttanker said:

yes i see and clicked it but nothing happand i also tryed ALT+click but nothing i was hoping to see the jetpack eva fuel get back to full

Please, share the log. If you could make a short video, it would be just perfect.

16 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Please, share the log. If you could make a short video, it would be just perfect.

logs

https://yadi.sk/d/DfUYkBey3NBTJv

https://yadi.sk/d/jpeFicBX3NBTLU

versions 
KSP 1.3
all mods up-to date according to ckan 
kis 1.7 
evafuel 1.5
thanks

ill do a video wen i get home (~12H)

the clip: https://yadi.sk/d/UILtrqH93PKepr

extra info
i did use it in the past (1.2.2)
wen i press "Refuel" the icon changes to something similar to the RTG and gos back immediately

On 10/31/2017 at 7:13 PM, bolttanker said:

yes i see and clicked it but nothing happand i also tryed ALT+click but nothing i was hoping to see the jetpack eva fuel get back to full

do you have evafule installed?

Edited by danielboro

59 minutes ago, emirkustirika said:

pls bana yardım et 

Tekrar Tekrar Stackable'dan sonra çatalı ve konektör bağlantısının sperireceğimde 

neden bu şekilde pls yardım yaparsın 

7wvovEb.png

When parts stop stacking in KIS inventory there  will be another mod that has added a module to the part that is not in the KIS allowed modules list.

• Load GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache into a text editor
  • Search for the part that should be stacked (e.g. find "name = KAS_Strut1")
  • Make a list of all the MODULE { name = X ... } entries in the part
  • Search for "StackableModule" and compare the module names there to the ones you found
  • Create a moduleManager patch for the missing module names e.g.:
Spoiler

@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]
{	
	@StackableModule
	{
		moduleName = XXX
		moduleName = YYY
		moduleName = ZZZ
	}
}

Replace XXX, YYY, ZZZ with the names of the missing modules you found.

Save this as a text file called GameData/KISpatch.cfg

Hi. 

I was using KAS/KIS pretty extensively in 1.2.2. I recently upgraded to 1.3 (not 1.3.1) and I have run into an issue. 

Kerbal and container inventories work pretty much normally. I can add to a Kerbal's inventory just fine. But when the Kerbal goes EVA, I can't examine the inventory. (No button on the EVA popup!) Worse, the items that were moved to the Kerbal's inventory prior to EVA are just gone ... into the bit bucket.  When the Kerbal boards after EVA, the Kerbal's inventory is missing. And of course the items that were moved to the Kerbal's inventory prior to EVA are not in the container.

I am running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. 
KSP is version 1.3 (downloaded from Steam)
I am running the 64 bit version of KSP

I am running the following mods:

"RasterPropMonitor-Core"
"KAS"
"KIS"
"EasyVesselSwitch"
"KerbalEngineerRedux"
"RasterPropMonitor"
"CommunityResourcePack"
"CommunityCategoryKit"
"JSIAdvancedTransparentPods"
"SCANsat"
"ALCOR"
"ALCORIVAPatch"
"RealChute"
"DockingPortAlignmentIndicator"
"ASETAgency"
"ASETProps"
"KerbalAlarmClock"
"TriggerAu-Flags"
"KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems"
"TransferWindowPlanner"
MechJeb2

The KAS and KIS mods were installed using CKAN

Reading around ... it looks like this problem or something similar has afflicted others a while back but this is the first time I have run into it. Anyone else encounter this behavior lately, or have a suggestion as to how I can remedy it? 

Thanks

6 hours ago, BadScientist said:

Hi. 

I was using KAS/KIS pretty extensively in 1.2.2. I recently upgraded to 1.3 (not 1.3.1) and I have run into an issue. 

Kerbal and container inventories work pretty much normally. I can add to a Kerbal's inventory just fine. But when the Kerbal goes EVA, I can't examine the inventory. (No button on the EVA popup!) Worse, the items that were moved to the Kerbal's inventory prior to EVA are just gone ... into the bit bucket.  When the Kerbal boards after EVA, the Kerbal's inventory is missing. And of course the items that were moved to the Kerbal's inventory prior to EVA are not in the container.

I am running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. 
KSP is version 1.3 (downloaded from Steam)
I am running the 64 bit version of KSP

I am running the following mods:

"RasterPropMonitor-Core"
"KAS"
"KIS"
"EasyVesselSwitch"
"KerbalEngineerRedux"
"RasterPropMonitor"
"CommunityResourcePack"
"CommunityCategoryKit"
"JSIAdvancedTransparentPods"
"SCANsat"
"ALCOR"
"ALCORIVAPatch"
"RealChute"
"DockingPortAlignmentIndicator"
"ASETAgency"
"ASETProps"
"KerbalAlarmClock"
"TriggerAu-Flags"
"KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems"
"TransferWindowPlanner"
MechJeb2

The KAS and KIS mods were installed using CKAN

Reading around ... it looks like this problem or something similar has afflicted others a while back but this is the first time I have run into it. Anyone else encounter this behavior lately, or have a suggestion as to how I can remedy it? 

Thanks

Please, try reading this guide. If you've checked everything, that is mentioned in it, and the problem is still there, then share a log file.

Can not transfer Fuel

I have two crafts connected by a pair of CC-R2 connector ports. There is a pipe between the two crafts. I can not transfer fuel between the two crafts. I can do other resources, but not fuel, and it is not just this craft it all crafts i have tried so far. Does everybody know why I can not transfer fuel.

Thank you,

On 06.11.2017 at 1:11 AM, Aelfhe1m said:

When parts stop stacking in KIS inventory there  will be another mod that has added a module to the part that is not in the KIS allowed modules list.

• Load GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache into a text editor
  • Search for the part that should be stacked (e.g. find "name = KAS_Strut1")
  • Make a list of all the MODULE { name = X ... } entries in the part
  • Search for "StackableModule" and compare the module names there to the ones you found
  • Create a moduleManager patch for the missing module names e.g.:
  Hide contents

@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]
{	
	@StackableModule
	{
		moduleName = XXX
		moduleName = YYY
		moduleName = ZZZ
	}
}

Replace XXX, YYY, ZZZ with the names of the missing modules you found.

Save this as a text file called GameData/KISpatch.cfg

thanks for your helping . but i m not make the that one

i make the uninsttall game and reinsttall game after mode it is ok now 

but other problem still run flying drill

zfG3c7G.jpg

and this is my mod list

98PR2KP.jpg

Edited by emirkustirika

1 hour ago, emirkustirika said:

but other problem still run flying drill

Please, give a description of what you were doing to make the problem happen. A short video would be a great help.

8 hours ago, danielboro said:

hello

did you see the logs i posted on cant use fuel canaster to refuel kerbals?

Sorry, missed that one. Checked it now. The log is too big due to the number of used modes. I tried to search for the obvious problems but found nothing. Also, I'v checked the video. All I can say from it: you're a brave man, who can play at FPS below 5 :) I may speculate that there was a message thrown when you were using the tank, but due to the FPS it has expired before getting a chance to be presented (it's an odd suggestion, but at this moment it's the best I have). May I ask you to setup a pristine game (not other mods except KIS) and try repeating the issue? I recall the EvaFuel mod was doing stuff with the KIS EVA tank, and this may be the issue in the 1.3.1 (theoretically). Try playing on a clear setup with and without this mod. And if you'll be able to reproduce the issue, I'd like to see the log.

3 hours ago, emirkustirika said:

Flying drill video 1  time line 1:30 drill  Suddenly To exist on air 

Its looks really weird. I'm pretty sure the problem is in some mods incompatibility. However, it's worth investigating. Can you reproduce this issue on the Kerbin launch pad? It would help a lot. Also, do you remember if you have any mod that deals with EVA? When a kerbal is IVA, his inventory doesn't exist in the game's world - there is no way you can see any of the inventory items! Given what I've saw, it seems at some distance in the flight the kerbals become EVA for a short period of time, and that's why their inventory items get created. I'd suggest trying on a pristine game with the KIS mod installed only. Then, if the issue doesn't reproduce, try adding the mods until the issue is shown up.

Regarding the floating drill thing: I saw something similar happen a few weeks ago while driving a USI Karibou rover across the Minmus greater flats.  The difference is that the drill didn't move with the rover; it stayed in place, floating a little above the ground, as the rover continued moving.  And it wasn't just one drill: another would appear every 10 seconds or so, so it looked like the rover was leaving a trail of drills behind it as it drove across Minmus.

I'm pretty sure the kerbal driving the rover had a drill in his inventory — I was relocating a small base by disassembling it with KIS, loading all the parts into and onto the rover, and then driving it to the new location.  So the kerbal had been EVA with a drill in his hand before entering the rover to start driving.

The problem stopped when I did a quicksave and quickload, and I haven't seen it happen again since then.  If it does happen again, I'll try to narrow down which mod might be doing it.  I have a lot of mods installed, but none that ought to be making kerbals EVA when they weren't told to.  (The only one I use that really relates to EVA at all is EasyBoard.)

This is great, easy, and hard to do right. Some newbie's early experience:

I thought I'd use a winch as an umbilical cord, but found that I have to be close to adjust the length. Switching to the master vessel was impossible (presumably because my EVA'd Kerbal was part of the vessel?). Anyway, that umbilical cord did me no good.

Trying to attach a part eventually worked, but keeping close enough on EVA is hard.

Clearly, 3m is too short. I wanted to be smart-alecky and change it by MM rather than editing the config itself, but this didn't work:

@MODULE[KISConfig]
{
    @MODULE[EvaPickup]
    {
        @maxDistance = 10
        @grabMaxMass = 3
}}

What is KISConfig if not a Module?

Oh, and is there a way for a Kerbal to cling to a part and move it using the jetpack?

Edited by Laie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.