@StackableModule
	{
		moduleName = ModuleColoredLensLight
		moduleName = ModuleMultiPointSurfaceLight
		moduleName = ModuleStockLightColoredLens
	}
}

2 hours ago, Laie said:

Oh, and is there a way for a Kerbal to cling to a part and move it using the jetpack?

Nope.

Hi

I am on 1.3 and today I went to equip a box with toys. I could open the box do the inventory menu but nothing shows up as being in the box. I tried adding stuff to a seat inventory with same result. Items will just appear to pass through the box. And of course was trying progressively smaller items that should have worked or had worked before.

Next I tried putting a new install followed by deleting the old install and putting in a new install lol ( we don't need no stinking manuals lol). So after everything I tried I still can't get it to work. Did have it working fine before but haven't used it for a few months so I don't know when or what actually broke it. So hoping someone here can aim me in the right direction to get it fixed.

KSP log file :  https://ufile.io/9o8y6

Thanks

@Wragie I can't see any errors specific to KIS in the log at a glance the relevant snippet from the log reads:

[LOG 14:33:04.559] KIS.ContainerMount1 added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 14:33:16.665] KIS.Container1 added to ship - part count: 3
[LOG 14:33:19.354] Loading sound audio clip: KIS/Sounds/containerOpen
[LOG 14:33:57.372] Loading sound audio clip: KIS/Sounds/containerClose
[LOG 14:34:02.864] Loading sound audio clip: KIS/Sounds/inventoryOpen
[LOG 14:34:06.547] Loading sound audio clip: KIS/Sounds/inventoryClose

which is what I'd expect from adding a container to a test vessel and opening and closing the inventory screens and then exiting the editor. But I had to snip out hundreds of exceptions being generated by Kerbal Alarm Clock in between those log entries because you haven't updated to the 1.3.0 compatible version. It's possible the sheer number of exceptions was interfering with KIS somehow.

Try starting by upgrading to the correct KAC version. Other mods are also throwing exceptions when checking for dependencies (e.g. BARIS and DSEV need WildBlueTools)

I'm curious as to how KIS comes up with the volume information for parts when they're being put into containers.  Does every mod and part author have to supply a config for each part specifying the volume, or does KIS automatically calculate it somehow?

1 hour ago, tsaven said:

I'm curious as to how KIS comes up with the volume information for parts when they're being put into containers.  Does every mod and part author have to supply a config for each part specifying the volume, or does KIS automatically calculate it somehow?

If the size is not explicitly overridden (KIS allows it), then it's calculated from the part's meshes. The calculation is very rough, though. It's simply a minimum box that completely encloses all the part's meshes.

8 hours ago, Wragie said:

Hi

I am on 1.3 and today I went to equip a box with toys. I could open the box do the inventory menu but nothing shows up as being in the box. I tried adding stuff to a seat inventory with same result. Items will just appear to pass through the box. And of course was trying progressively smaller items that should have worked or had worked before.

Next I tried putting a new install followed by deleting the old install and putting in a new install lol ( we don't need no stinking manuals lol). So after everything I tried I still can't get it to work. Did have it working fine before but haven't used it for a few months so I don't know when or what actually broke it. So hoping someone here can aim me in the right direction to get it fixed.

KSP log file :  https://ufile.io/9o8y6

Thanks

I'd agree with @Aelfhe1m. The log file is spammed with a lots of errors. They may or may not be the issue, but it's hard to figure out while they are there. Try testing on a pristine game. I'm a bit concerned with your note of "Items will just appear to pass through the box". Are you sure you're dragging the items into the inventory? If you just click and drop, as you usually do when assembling a vessel in the editor, then they will "pass thru" for sure, and it's not a bug.

Edited by IgorZ

6 hours ago, IgorZ said:

If the size is not explicitly overridden (KIS allows it), then it's calculated from the part's meshes. The calculation is very rough, though. It's simply a minimum box that completely encloses all the part's meshes.

Speaking of which, I've noticed that the calculated part volume is much too low for some parts in my installation — e.g. the 2.5m Rockomax X200-16 tank can fit in a little SC-62 container.  It seems to be caused by having TweakScale installed, even when I haven't actually adjusted the size of the part.  (And if I do adjust the size with TweakScale, the part's KIS volume doesn't change.)

35 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

Speaking of which, I've noticed that the calculated part volume is much too low for some parts in my installation — e.g. the 2.5m Rockomax X200-16 tank can fit in a little SC-62 container.  It seems to be caused by having TweakScale installed, even when I haven't actually adjusted the size of the part.  (And if I do adjust the size with TweakScale, the part's KIS volume doesn't change.)

I don't have tweakscale but I've noticed similar inconsistencies and weirdness, which is what prompted me to ask.  Some very large parts don't take up much space, and some huge parts are suprisingly small. 

On 11.11.2017 at 1:20 AM, IgorZ said:

Üzgünüm, cevaplamadı bunu. Şimdi kontrol ettim. Kullanılan modların sayısı nedeniyle günlüğü çok büyük. Açık problemleri araştırmaya çalıştım, ancak hiçbir şey bulamadım. Ayrıca, videoyu kontrol ettim. Tek söyleyebileceğim şu ki, cesur bir adamsın, FPS'de 5'in altında oynayabilirsin :) , tankı kullanırken atılan bir mesaj olduğunu düşünebilirim, fakat FPS'den dolayı, bir şans almadan önce süresi doldu. (garip bir öneri, ancak şu an sahip olduğum en iyi şey budur). Sabit bir oyun kurmanızı rica edeyim ( KIS hariç diğer modsları değil ) ve sorunu tekrarlamayı deneyin mi? Ben EvaFuel mod ile şeyleri yaptığını hatırlamak KISEVA tankı ve 1.3.1'deki (teorik olarak) bu konu olabilir. Bu mod ile veya olmadan net bir kurulumda oynamaya çalışın. Ve sorunu yeniden üretebilecekseniz, günlüğümü görmek isterim.

Gerçekten tuhaf görünüyor. Eminim problem bazı mods uyuşmazlığı içindedir. Ancak, araştırmaya değer. Bu sorunu Kerbin başlatma bölmesinde çoğaltabilir misiniz? Çok yardımcı olur. Ayrıca, EVA ile ilgilenen herhangi bir modunuzun var mı hatırlıyor musunuz? Bir kerbal IVA olduğunda, envanteri oyun dünyasında mevcut değildir - envanter ürünlerinin hiçbirini göremezsiniz! Gördüğüm kadarıyla uçurumun kısa bir süre EVA haline dönüştüğü bazı mesafelerde görünüyor ve bu yüzden envanter öğeleri oluşturuluyor. Yalnızca kurulu olan KIS modu ile bozulmamış bir oyunda çalışmayı öneririm . Ardından, sorun yeniden üretilmiyorsa, sorun gösterilene kadar mod'ları eklemeyi deneyin.

first unisntall kps

step 2 delete kps folder

and after  i re install the ksp 

and this is my game data folder now

tpUc2eA.png

and fly ing drill continue

And now i delete cominity catecory kit and easy vessel swich 

i have only kis and kas but drill stell flying

Edited by emirkustirika

5 hours ago, Wyzard said:

Compatibility with TweakScale is very bad. There were attempts to improve it, but so far it's not working as expected. I'd probably address it when come back to the KIS refactoring (as of now I'm working primarily on KAS).

5 hours ago, tsaven said:

I don't have tweakscale but I've noticed similar inconsistencies and weirdness, which is what prompted me to ask.  Some very large parts don't take up much space, and some huge parts are suprisingly small. 

Could you please give exact names of the parts? There are parts that override the size, those can look weird (e.g. the KAS pylon). Plus, there are inflatable/deployable parts, and those are not supported correctly: KIS doesn't support parts that change their volume, so it captures the volume that is specified by the part prefab. If the part is deployed in the prefab, then it will have a large volume in KIS, even though in the scene the part appears as retracted. IIRC, there was a workaround to create a part before dragging it  into the inventory, but I can't remember if it still works.

44 minutes ago, emirkustirika said:

And now i delete cominity catecory kit and easy vessel swich 

i have only kis and kas but drill stell flying

Thanks for reproducing on the clean installation! I will try reproducing it on my setup when I'm home.

10 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Plus, there are inflatable/deployable parts, and those are not supported correctly: KIS doesn't support parts that change their volume, so it captures the volume that is specified by the part prefab. If the part is deployed in the prefab, then it will have a large volume in KIS, even though in the scene the part appears as retracted.

Oh, well that's the problem then.  It's parts from KPBS, they slide out and deploy.  I'll see about submitting push requests to the mod author to override the automatic behavior.

Hi Igorz

Not quite sure what to say about this lol.

I went and created a clean zero mod 1.3.1 install. Then I fired up CKAN and added the mod that we are talking about (there now if I post in the wrong thread no one will ever notice lol).  I did get it to work but with a few items (wrench and manual and a few others) still not wanting to be added to a container. Then I played with it a few times on the launchpad and seemed to have enough parts working to make use of it. Now the weird bit. I went into my troublesome install and it was now working there as well.  Genuine W.T.F. moment.

So I have no idea why it just started working. There was a few weird windows updates etc last week and I am wondering if that had more to it than anything. I really don't know what dependencies the game or you mod have but I am assuming one of them was one of the things updated.

I will let you know if it bogs out again but for now its works. Still shaking my head (producing more than normal rattling noises).

Thanks!

Edited by Wragie
when I spell W.T.F. I mean W.T.F. not what

18 hours ago, Wragie said:

Hi Igorz

Not quite sure what to say about this lol.

I went and created a clean zero mod 1.3.1 install. Then I fired up CKAN and added the mod that we are talking about (there now if I post in the wrong thread no one will ever notice lol).  I did get it to work but with a few items (wrench and manual and a few others) still not wanting to be added to a container. Then I played with it a few times on the launchpad and seemed to have enough parts working to make use of it. Now the weird bit. I went into my troublesome install and it was now working there as well.  Genuine W.T.F. moment.

So I have no idea why it just started working. There was a few weird windows updates etc last week and I am wondering if that had more to it than anything. I really don't know what dependencies the game or you mod have but I am assuming one of them was one of the things updated.

I will let you know if it bogs out again but for now its works. Still shaking my head (producing more than normal rattling noises).

Thanks!

Would you mind trying to figure out what you did to fix it? I seem to be having the same issues as you originally described (can open inventories, but can't put anything in them) and I would like to be able to actually use this mod.

On 11/17/2017 at 1:24 PM, Wragie said:

I did get it to work but with a few items (wrench and manual and a few others) still not wanting to be added to a container.

Did you eventually manage to make it working? If not, then a log file would be helpful.

6 hours ago, ASCIInerd73 said:

Would you mind trying to figure out what you did to fix it? I seem to be having the same issues as you originally described (can open inventories, but can't put anything in them) and I would like to be able to actually use this mod.

Have you tried the mod on a pristine game, without the other mods?

13 hours ago, IgorZ said:

@emirkustirika , meseleyi tekrarladım. Teşekkürler! Düzenlendi bir hata .

and fix the flying drill probblem or not 

sory y english not Perfect but thank for your efor and time 

you are the good man :wink:

i gues the detecting the problem now time the find a Solution

Edited by emirkustirika

6 hours ago, HZ1 said:

Why can not we carry containers and Command Seat in new versions?

Which containers do you mean? There always were just few carriable containers. As for the command seats, they were never been carriable in KIS. However, I've heard about a mod that offers a special version of "detachable" command seat, and this one was carriable. Cannot say the name since I never used it.

12 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Which containers do you mean? There always were just few carriable containers. As for the command seats, they were never been carriable in KIS. However, I've heard about a mod that offers a special version of "detachable" command seat, and this one was carriable. Cannot say the name since I never used it.

https://imgur.com/a/gDKOW
Edited by HZ1

6 minutes ago, HZ1 said:

No idea what is "Container Type B". In order for container to be carriable, the author of the part needs to do some setup. Try asking the author of the mod that offers this container. Out of the box, KIS offers only two carriable containers: the stock "ScienceBox" and KIS special SC-62. Anything else is out of the scope of KIS.

Edited by IgorZ

I don't remember why I did this (maybe to make it possible to transfer some fuel?), but here's my config to make the Mk0 LF tank carryable:

@PART[miniFuselage]:NEED[KIS] {
    MODULE {
        name = ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker
        carriable = true
        equipMode = part
        equipSlot = jetpack
        equipMeshName = jetpack_base01
        equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01
        equipPos = (0,0.21,-0.3)
        equipDir = (10,0,0)
        runSpeed = 0.8
    }
}

4 hours ago, IgorZ said:

No idea what is "Container Type B". In order for container to be carriable, the author of the part needs to do some setup. Try asking the author of the mod that offers this container. Out of the box, KIS offers only two carriable containers: the stock "ScienceBox" and KIS special SC-62. Anything else is out of the scope of KIS.

Container type b is a KAS legacy part. From before KIS existed. 

11 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Container type b is a KAS legacy part. From before KIS existed. 

Ouch! Given how many KSP versions have been released since then, I wonder how is this container still usable?

Models don't change much. The only extensively model-breaking update since 0.19 (when I started) was the one that fixed the directionality of nodes (1.0.5 or so). Keeping the old KAS container working would have been pretty trivial, but whoever did so did not include patches for equipping the container.

On 18/11/2017 at 7:47 AM, ASCIInerd73 said:

Since I experienced the same issue in two separate KSP installs and they went away after a series of windows patches, java and net updates I would suspect in my case the problem was external to KSP.  The updates took about an hour to complete and it seemed once the last one completed a new one popped up and got patched. I would take a guess at my issue being from net or video (opengl) but could be totally wrong. So not sure what I can do to help other than suggest patching updating and swearing at anything on the o/s side of things to see if that fixes yours too. It won't hurt and you never  know lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.