IgorZ

[1.7.3] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.22

Recommended Posts

Made a toy for prop lovers :)

 

Edited by Enceos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, funkcanna said:

Hi, I noticed that in May, there was a change which says  

Enhancement] #117: Auto add common items to the seats.

How exactly does this work?  My seats dont contain anything by default

 

It is in the settings file. There was a discussion about this somewhere in the last page or two. 

 

Edit: Found the post. 

 

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

It is in the settings file. There was a discussion about this somewhere in the last page or two. 

 

Edit: Found the post. 

 

Thanks, 

so basically I would add the following to the settings file?

PodInventory
	{
		addToTheFirstSeatOnly = KIS.electricScrewdriver
	}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, funkcanna said:

Thanks, 

so basically I would add the following to the settings file?


PodInventory
	{
		addToTheFirstSeatOnly = KIS.electricScrewdriver
	}

 

It is already added you just have to remove the // from in front of it  

 

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks that will really help!!!

On 17/11/2016 at 10:06 PM, ExplorerKlatt said:

Yes you can with the electric screwdriver only. You would need to press the "R" key to change to the node. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

It is already added you just have to remove the // from in front of it  

 

Thanks! It works and is THE best feature of KIS! The amount of times ive forgotten to add a screwdriver cannot be counted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I spoke too soon! I have an issue since enabling the automatic seat inventory.  Now my kerbals have weird inventory issues.  Instead of having the usual 8 inventory slots, they have 24 - however they cannot carry ANYTHING.  Even with full empty inventory they cannot even carry a wrench.  I get the messsage "max destination volume reached" when trying to add things to their personal inventory.  This is obviously a problem :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G to pick up the part and then drag and drop it into the inventory, yes? I'm having trouble putting pats back into the kerbal inventory. It just attempts to place it back on the ground. Am I doing something wrong with the keys maybe or is this a bug perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this is a bug in KIS or the game itself, but I've noticed that if you drop a science part (like a thermometer) on the ground and run the experiment by right-clicking it with a scientist, the "collect data" option doesn't appear until you pick up the part (into inventory) and put it back down again.


Unrelatedly,

On 11/4/2016 at 0:37 AM, SkyRender said:

This mod rocks!  Only two things I'd like to see added: Kerbal-equippable parachutes, and Kerbal-equippable heatshields.  Can we say "old-school re-entry technique"?

Sounds like you want a MOOSE!  Small enough and light enough to fit in a kerbal's inventory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

G to pick up the part and then drag and drop it into the inventory, yes? I'm having trouble putting pats back into the kerbal inventory. It just attempts to place it back on the ground. Am I doing something wrong with the keys maybe or is this a bug perhaps?

Try with a click and drag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wyzard said:

I don't know if this is a bug in KIS or the game itself, but I've noticed that if you drop a science part (like a thermometer) on the ground and run the experiment by right-clicking it with a scientist, the "collect data" option doesn't appear until you pick up the part (into inventory) and put it back down again.

Check the logs. It looks you got an exception during module initialization.

1 hour ago, Wyzard said:

I don't know if this is a bug in KIS or the game itself, but I've noticed that if you drop a science part (like a thermometer) on the ground and run the experiment by right-clicking it with a scientist, the "collect data" option doesn't appear until you pick up the part (into inventory) and put it back down again.

Works fine to me. Except, the menu item is called "Take data". try checking the logs for any errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

G to pick up the part and then drag and drop it into the inventory, yes? I'm having trouble putting pats back into the kerbal inventory. It just attempts to place it back on the ground. Am I doing something wrong with the keys maybe or is this a bug perhaps?

It's G to then click and hold then drag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2016 at 11:27 PM, IgorZ said:

Works fine to me. Except, the menu item is called "Take data". try checking the logs for any errors.

Hmm.  It definitely happens to me, even with no mods installed except KIS.  (And, yeah, the exact name of the menu item varies from part to part.)

Here's what showed up in the log when I dropped a thermometer:

Quote

[LOG 23:49:23.188] Start pickup in mode GrabFromInventory from part: sensorThermometer (Part)
[LOG 23:49:23.964] End pickup of sensorThermometer (Part) from part: kerbalEVA (Bob Kerman) (Part)
[LOG 23:49:23.971] StartPointer()
[LOG 23:49:23.974] Found 1 children meshes in: sensorThermometer (Part)
[LOG 23:49:23.975] New pointer created
[LOG 23:49:23.977] Set pointer mode to: Drop
[LOG 23:49:23.977] Pointer state set to: visibility=True
[LOG 23:49:25.093] Create & drop part
[LOG 23:49:25.105] StopPointer()
[LOG 23:49:25.105] Pointer destroyed
[LOG 23:49:25.328] [FlightIntegrator]: Reloaded drag cube for zeroed cube root part sensorThermometer on vessel 2HOT Thermometer
[LOG 23:49:27.046] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI

And when I took a temperature reading with it:

Quote

[LOG 23:49:41.875] [Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 1...
[LOG 23:49:41.875] [Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1
[EXC 23:49:41.897] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ExperimentResultDialogPage..ctor (.Part host, .ScienceData experimentData, Single xmitBase, Single xmitBonus, Boolean showTransmitWarning, System.String transmitWarningMessage, Boolean showResetOption, .ScienceLabSearch labSearch, .Callback`1 onDiscardData, .Callback`1 onKeepData, .Callback`1 onTransmitData, .Callback`1 onSendToLab)
    ModuleScienceExperiment.reviewData ()
    ModuleScienceExperiment+.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[LOG 23:49:45.664] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI

In case it matters, I'm running KSP 1.2.1 64-bit on Linux via Steam, with KIS 1.3.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

Hmm.  It definitely happens to me, even with no mods installed except KIS.  (And, yeah, the exact name of the menu item varies from part to part.)

Here's what showed up in the log when I dropped a thermometer:

And when I took a temperature reading with it:

In case it matters, I'm running KSP 1.2.1 64-bit on Linux via Steam, with KIS 1.3.0.

Weird. Could you please send a savefile with KIS only game? And a short video would be helpful too. If I play with thermometer at launchpad it works just fine tom. Though, I'm on Windows.

Btw, the stack trace shows no relation to KIS. Does it work fine being attached to a part?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2016 at 3:20 PM, ExplorerKlatt said:

What part are you entering?

I had this problem entering the MKS "emergency hab"... which later resulted in this due to a slow slide, by the habitat, down the slope of the crater (it was originally embedded in the crew hatch at center):

 

screenshot1.png

 

I was going to ask "Now, what is wrong with this picture?" but it seems the issue has already been raised...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

I had this problem entering the MKS "emergency hab"... which later resulted in this due to a slow slide, by the habitat, down the slope of the crater (it was originally embedded in the crew hatch at center):

 

screenshot1.png

 

I was going to ask "Now, what is wrong with this picture?" but it seems the issue has already been raised...

With MKS it's a know issue. MKS inflatable parts don't support KIS inventories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Weird. Could you please send a savefile with KIS only game? And a short video would be helpful too. If I play with thermometer at launchpad it works just fine tom. Though, I'm on Windows.

Btw, the stack trace shows no relation to KIS. Does it work fine being attached to a part?

It does work if the thermometer is attached to a craft, including if I detach and reattach it using KAS.  When I choose "Log Temperature", the science window (with the "keep" and "transmit" buttons) appears.  That window doesn't appear when the thermometer is on the ground; I'm guessing that the attempt to open it was the ModuleScienceExperiment.reviewData() call that threw the exception.

It's possible that this is just a bug in the Linux build of the game, maybe related to the fact that surface-attachable parts like the thermometer aren't normally allowed as a craft's root part.  Dropping one with KIS might just be setting up a condition that the game doesn't expect.  (Dunno why it'd behave differently in Linux than Windows, though; there's nothing that should be platform-specific about it.)

I'll be away from home for the next few days and might not be able to send you a save file right away, but I'll do it at some point before long.  I'll also check whether I can reproduce the problem in Windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release.

1.3.1 (November 11th, 2016)

  • [Change] Stop using KSPDev obsolete logging methods.
  • [Fix #175] EVA canister stopped working.
  • [Fix #129] On initial load KIS_UISoundPlayer throws errors.
  • [Fix #176] Use new KSP 1.2 categories to sort KIS parts.
  • [Fix #152] Inventory reacts to flag writing.
  • [Fix #157] MKS/OKS: NRE when adding MK-V Comm-Lab part.
  • [Fix #135] NRE detaching and reattaching part with FAR.
  • [Change] Exclude fun parts from the release.

As for the FAR related bug. I've fixed it basing on my old researches. Due to FAR is not working for 1.2 it was impossible to test.

I'm going to disappear for the duration of US holidays (11/23-11/28). Hope the new version is fine :) Have fun and happy holidays to everyone!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The KIS link on Curse brings us to the old thread.  Can you create a new Curse page that links to this thread?  I realize you cannot change the link on the current Curse page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

The KIS link on Curse brings us to the old thread.  Can you create a new Curse page that links to this thread?  I realize you cannot change the link on the current Curse page.

Fixed. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

May I also request possibly a SpaceDock submission? :P If not, no problem

I hate idea of uploading release archives into multiple locations. Curseforge is a convenient platform due to a number of reasons: it does virus scan, it provides download stats, and it keeps old versions. If SpaceDock allowed external links to the binaries I would gladly post KIS there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm having an issue where parts I add to an inventory in the VAB don't show up in flight. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? I'll try to grab my log file real quick.

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind. The parts don't show up when I don't save the craft before launch.

Edited by mousebyte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added a bug to the tracker.

jZbBMok.png

7QLbMr6.png

KIS uses full mass of a part when deciding whether there's enough kerbals to move it out of a container, regardless of actual content of the stored part. In the above screens, the (empty) tank from top was detached and stored with zero problems, but removal is impossible,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I just updated to ksp 1.2.1 and installed this new version 1.3.1 of KIS. I have got all the same mods as i had in version 1.1.3 of KSP and KIS worked just fine.

Now since i have updated to 1.2.1 the added KIS items show up but i can't open the EVA inventory and i can't open the storage containers while on EVA.

Also i can't place any items in the inventory when i'm building in the VAB/SPH.

Is this a known issue or is it just me? or could KIS be conflicting with any other mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.