[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

7 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I'm so excited! :D

I hope this won't break stuff though - I have a space station in LKO with the large 2.5m container on it and I wouldn't want that to be deleted or anything :/

Don't worry, we didn't even touch the 2.5m containers - even though I wanted to :'v

9 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I hope this won't break stuff though - I have a space station in LKO with the large 2.5m container on it and I wouldn't want that to be deleted or anything :/

Same comment from me. BDB updated and it does break saves so it was a no go for me just for that reason. I got too much stuff already built to lose anything now.

On 1/27/2019 at 3:07 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

I hope too :)  Once KIS&KAS are updated, I planned to take a short break to drive my career game. If KIS is broken, I'll be as much disappointed as you ;) 

At last, it happen!

1.17 (January 28th, 2019):

• KSP 1.6 support. This mod's version is not compatible with the prior versions of KSP!
  • [Enhancement] Add fun English part descriptions.
  • [Enhancement] Add Portuguese (Brazil) localization.
  • [Enhancement] Improve items&parts debug ability. See partAlignToolKey and itemDebug in the settings file.
  • [Enhancement] Add new containers: IMiC-1500, ImC-3K, IMC-22K, and IGC-45K.
  • [Enhancement] Big improvement in performance. Many inventories with items in one scene could slow down the game significantly (see #287 & #288).
  • [Enhancement #281] Use the stock functionality from the KIS code and properly support custom helmets.
  • [Enhancement #289] Take into account the container size when detecting its availability.
  • [Fix #160] Cannot detach broken solar panel.
  • [Fix #163] Implement full support of TweakScale mod.
  • [Fix #267] Review container mount mass.
  • [Fix #273] Support part's variant when dealing with KIS container items.
  • [Fix #293] Fun parts in are not equipping.

And I have already found some bugs, but I assumed they are not too critical.

9 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Does this mean that the 'J' hotkey now ties into the stock helmet removal system?

Yes. And in difference to the stock hotkey, "J" removes both the ring and the helmet. You still can use the stock actions, they won't conflict with each other.

23 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Yes. And in difference to the stock hotkey, "J" removes both the ring and the helmet. You still can use the stock actions, they won't conflict with each other.

What, so no more Mission To Mars'ing it?

673screenshot95.png

I'm having some problems with the Surface Experiment Pack, and I think it ties into the KIS integration. Almost all of the parts are now odd sizes and generally much larger than they were before the update. Is it possible t he volumeOverride lines, from the part configs, isn't being processed anymore?

1 hour ago, JimTheDog said:

I'm having some problems with the Surface Experiment Pack, and I think it ties into the KIS integration. Almost all of the parts are now odd sizes and generally much larger than they were before the update. Is it possible t he volumeOverride lines, from the part configs, isn't being processed anymore?

You might try using the previous version of KIS and see if that clears up the problem. 

https://spacedock.info/mod/1909/Kerbal Inventory System (KIS)/download/1.16

2 hours ago, JimTheDog said:

I'm seeing the same thing,  the SEP Central station went from 45L to 795L

I did find a small bug, easy fix.  For so long I thought it was stock, and I was just going to correct it with SuperfluousNodes, but it turns out it's KIS.

The added Nodes on the 2x2 structural panel need to be fixed.  I noticed one of the corners on one side didn't have a node some time ago.

@PART[structuralPanel2] {
    %node_stack_topSW = -0.5, 0.0275, -0.5, 0, 1, 0, 0
    %node_stack_topSE =  0.5, 0.0275, -0.5, 0, 1, 0, 0
    %node_stack_topNW = -0.5, 0.0275,  0.5, 0, 1, 0, 0
    %node_stack_topNE =  0.5, 0.0275,  0.5, 0, 1, 0, 0
    %node_stack_bottomSW = -0.5,-0.0275, -0.5, 0, -1, 0, 0
    %node_stack_bottomSW =  0.5,-0.0275, -0.5, 0, -1, 0, 0
    %node_stack_bottomNW = -0.5,-0.0275,  0.5, 0, -1, 0, 0
    %node_stack_bottomNE =  0.5,-0.0275,  0.5, 0, -1, 0, 0
}

Change one to bottomSE and all is good.

Guys, how many of you witness spontaneous game crashes? Mine started crashing pretty constantly, and now I'm in doubts if this is a result of my changes or something else. Alas, I cannot find stable steps to reproduce. Has anyone noticed an increased number of crashes since v1.17?

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

Guys, how many of you witness spontaneous game crashes? Mine started crashing pretty constantly, and now I'm in doubts if this is a result of my changes or something else. Alas, I cannot find stable steps to reproduce. Has anyone noticed an increased number of crashes since v1.17?

Before I installed 1.17, my game pretty much never crashed. When I downloaded the update, it froze up and crashed three times, twice in the VAB and once on the main menu before I opened my save.

Although I did install Easy Vessel Switch pretty recently, so maybe it’s a conflict between KIS 1.17 and EVS 1.10?

3 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Before I installed 1.17, my game pretty much never crashed. When I downloaded the update, it froze up and crashed three times, twice in the VAB and once on the main menu before I opened my save.

Although I did install Easy Vessel Switch pretty recently, so maybe it’s a conflict between KIS 1.17 and EVS 1.10?

Thanks.

I've uninstalled all the unimportant mods and so far there are no crashes. Here are mine:

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
BetterTimeWarp
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
EasyVesselSwitch
KerbalHacks
KIS
KSPDev
PlanetaryBaseInc
PreciseNode
ScienceAlert
Squad
SquadExpansion
SurfaceLights
TriggerTech
TweakScale

Note, that there are no KAS there. I never tested it for 1.6, so I've dropped it just in case.

FYI. In C# it's really hard to make the binary crashing. This language was designed to prevent such things. If anything goes wrong, then C# framework should throw an exception. If the game is crashing, it means there is an edge case, which Unity/KSP cannot handle. It's not an excuse to have a bug in the mod, but just for your reference: we're talking about at least two bugs - one in the mod, and one in Unity/KSP :)

7 hours ago, IgorZ said:

I've noticed that I only crash when I select any of the new kis containers in vab/sph

I did assume it's because my game is heavily modded, and that I'm forced to use the previous MM for compatibility with some of my mods,

One thing is sure though, these sudden crashes in the VAB only started happening when I installed the new KIS,

Once I reverted KIS, I'm stopped having those crashes.

I’ve had two crashes so far since 1.17.  I have around 70 mods  installed including the current KAS.   For me, it occurred while adding the new 1m container to an MK2 cargo bay.   Once I restart the game and do the exact same thing it’s fine. This is on an existing career save.

9 hours ago, IgorZ said:

I usually only see crashes during loading the game (1-in-20) or quitting the game (1-in-5). If the game starts without a problem I'm usually good until I quit. I recently started a new save because bugs in another mod finally made the save I've run for months pointless to continue, so I may not be the best test subject for a while. My tech tree is pretty sparse and it will be awhile before I'm at the point of using KIS/KAS frequently.

Edit to add: This has been my experience in 1.5.0 and later. 1.4.5 was rock solid with very infrequent crashes.

Edited by Tonka Crash

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.