[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

4 hours ago, oniontrain said:

I can't seem to locate the large K&K Ground Base, what category did it move to? It's a fairly crucial part for most of my stuff. I can still get it out of containers, but it's not coming up in a search for "ground base," just the small one is.

It seems during the last change is KIS not all parts in K&K were updated. I've filed a bug for Planetary Base mod. Meanwhile, you may fix the problem on your side by adding category "Structural" to the part.

4 hours ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

Okay, time for me to vent a little in the form of a question/request...

I've been trying to install radiators on my orbital kolony.  I have two Kerbals on EVA, holding station with their helmets touching both each other and the container.

I try to pick a radiator out of the container, and it says "too heavy".  Thing is, the radiator's weight is about 1.5x what one Kerbal can carry.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

So here's my question/request: Is there a way to make the "Yes, you are close enough together" distance larger?  (It would also help to make the "Yes, you are close enough to pick this up" distance larger, as well, as it seems to work from the base of the radiator, where, in reality, it would be holdable from any point, but I can work around this one...)

I'm not a coder, but if there's a setting in a .cfg somewhere, I would very much appreciate it.  On the ground, it isn't much of an annoyance, but it's making my station building an exceedingly frustrating experience...

Alas, it's not something that can be fixed easily. There is a feature request that may help mitigating the issue. Though, it's not implemented yet. As a workaround I may suggest increasing mass limit via settings file.

19 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Alas, it's not something that can be fixed easily. There is a feature request that may help mitigating the issue. Though, it's not implemented yet. As a workaround I may suggest increasing mass limit via settings file.

Per Sardia's suggestion, I increased both the mass and distance limits in the config file.

Placing vessel from a 'rescue kerbal and vessel' contract in a KIS container causes the contract to fail ("vessel destroyed").

Not sure if you can do anything about it, or if it's worth bothering with, but shrug - a minor bug is still a bug.

59 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

Placing vessel from a 'rescue kerbal and vessel' contract in a KIS container causes the contract to fail ("vessel destroyed").

Not sure if you can do anything about it, or if it's worth bothering with, but shrug - a minor bug is still a bug.

I was discussed before. KIS containers don't hold real parts. When part is placed into KIS container it gets destroyed in the KSP world. When the part is pulled out it gets created. Not feasible to fix.

@IgorZ, sorry for not following up on this sooner, but I did a bit more testing of the issue with experiments dropped on the ground, and determined that:

• It still happens with KIS v1.4.0.
  • It happens to me in Windows too, so it's not a Linux-specific thing.  I tested with a clean install (didn't even have KSP installed in Windows before now), with nothing but KIS and its dependencies.
  • Saving and loading after dropping the science part, but before running the experiment, doesn't make a difference.  I still get the NRE when I right-click the part and run the experiment, and the "take data" option doesn't appear in the menu afterward.
  • Saving and loading after running the experiment does make a difference.  I run the experiment, get the NRE, quicksave and quickload, right-click the part again, and the "take data" option appears.

It still seems fairly likely that this is really a stock game bug that KIS is just exposing (by making it possible to drop a surface-attach science part as a standalone craft), but it's still weird that it happens for me but not for you.

If you'd like to look into it, here's a save that reproduces it for me.  Bob is standing near the runway with a barometer on the ground in front of him; just right-click it and "log pressure data".

6 hours ago, SelfPlug said:

I can't seem to find the mod on CKAN. I'm definetly updated to the latest version of KSP and CKAN, but I don't even see the mod when filtering by all.

You probably set wrong filter mode. Choose "Filter (all)", then type "kis" in "Filter by mod name" input box.

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

You probably set wrong filter mode. Choose "Filter (all)", then type "kis" in "Filter by mod name" input box.

I see the fun pack by Kosp Y. and the no fun patch buy QuickBasic,  But KIS is not listed.

9 hours ago, SelfPlug said:

I can't seem to find the mod on CKAN. I'm definetly updated to the latest version of KSP and CKAN, but I don't even see the mod when filtering by all.

Me neither.

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

I didn't think CKAN allowed you to install mods that didn't match the installed version of KSP. Is there a way to make it do so?

1 minute ago, IgorZ said:

@Ford6 @Rabid_Monkey

Well, it seems there are issues. Once I've uninstalled my KIS CKAN stopped seeing it as well. I'll figure it out and let you know. Meanwhile, the only workaround is the old style: download release archive from curse and install it manually.

Oh, it' on Curse (the one place I didn't check) for manual install? Sweet! Thanks Igor!

ps. You enjoying the beautiful Silicon Valley weather this weekend?

11 hours ago, Rabid_Monkey said:

Oh, it' on Curse (the one place I didn't check) for manual install? Sweet! Thanks Igor!

ps. You enjoying the beautiful Silicon Valley weather this weekend?

No, I'm not :) I hate cold and rain.

Update on the CKAN issue. I've created an bug record for tracking. Apparently, it's not that easy as I expected. Will have to work with CKAN guys to have it resolved.

20 hours ago, IgorZ said:

@Ford6 @Rabid_Monkey

Well, it seems there are issues. Once I've uninstalled my KIS CKAN stopped seeing it as well. I'll figure it out and let you know. Meanwhile, the only workaround is the old style: download release archive from curse and install it manually.

This is fixed now.

For those who miss fun parts in the mod. You can now easily install them into your game. See instructions in the topic starter.

• Extra parts. If you like fun parts (like taco, beer, boom box, etc.) you may install fun parts pack:
    • Download release archive.
    • Extract into your game's folder.
    • Note that fun pack lives in own folder and won't be automatically removed when KIS is deinstalled.
Edited by IgorZ

10 hours ago, Blackheart KICA-1398 said:

I'm trying to set some K4 on some engines I'm about to detach, and I can't for the life of me seem to figure out how I place it on them. The item text says right click, but that doesn't seem to do anything .w.

Attaching stuff to the engines is always challenging due to theirs part's setup. Most of the engines just don't allow surface attaches. If you can attach K4 to a regular fuel tank but cannot do it for an engine then it's fine - it's the engine's issue. If you can not attach a part to a tank then it's an issue.

16 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Attaching stuff to the engines is always challenging due to theirs part's setup. Most of the engines just don't allow surface attaches. If you can attach K4 to a regular fuel tank but cannot do it for an engine then it's fine - it's the engine's issue. If you can not attach a part to a tank then it's an issue.

Couldn't attach it to the tanks either x.x

Then again it was a MRS fuel tank, not a stock tank, would that cause issues?

On December 12, 2016 at 11:48 PM, IgorZ said:

For those who miss fun parts in the mod. You can now easily install them into your game. See instructions in the topic starter.

• Extra parts. If you like fun parts (like taco, beer, boom box, etc.) you may install fun parts pack:
    • Download release archive.
    • Extract into your game's folder.
    • Note that fun pack lives in own folder and won't be automatically removed when KIS is deinstalled.

Was wondering where my beer went...

anyways, thought this was funny:

IpW6FcH.jpg

thanks for a great mod! Happy holidays and all that. 

Just now, Zefnoly said:

Whatever I attach to things seems to glitch out and drop to the ground... It refuse to stick... Makes it really annoying when you try to build a base with USI...

Are you dropping the piece at the attachment point (it stays green) or are you attaching it (hold H and it turns blue)?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.