[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

Bumping for newcomers.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:22 AM, IgorZ said:

In case of you've upgraded to KSP 1.8.0 and figured KIS is now broken, then yes - it is broken. Given my busy schedule in the next 2 weeks, I cannot give any reasonable ETA for it to be fixed. As usual, I'll do my best.

P.S. In case of you're curious about the details. Skip it, if you're not.

Edited by Problemless Mods Wanter
Bump

The KIS release is coming! It's almost there. Need to have some stuff rearranged before the release. Meanwhile, here is a demo of a new feature:

Edited by IgorZ

So I have an annoying question... When you grab a thing in EVA, you can press B / N to move it up and down before dropping it - but you only seem to get a limited number of 'nudges' before it just stops.  Is there any way (such as settings file hackery) to increase that maximum offset?

(I'm trying to rebuild a base after the Great Detachment Mess of '19, and some parts still clip into the ground even after the maximum amount of B-pressing.  I'm having to carefully balance them on top of other things then grab said other thing from underneath them in the hope that they settle gently to the surface, it's quite incredibly tedious...)

On 10/21/2019 at 10:59 AM, IgorZ said:

The KIS release is coming! It's almost there. Need to have some stuff rearranged before the release. Meanwhile, here is a demo of a new feature:

This was really not enough!
That's cool and it’s convenient!
Previously, this was very much lacking.

1.23 (October 23rd, 2019):

• [Change] KSP 1.8 compatibility. WARNING: the mod won't work with version lower than KSP 1.8!
  • [Change] Replace Editor/partGrabModifiers setting with Editor/editorPartGrabAction.
  • [Enhancement] Allow dropping KIS items on the kerbal: Dragging equipped items. Thanks to sleepyquelea!
  • [Fix #339] Inflatable habitat parts have unreasonable inventories.
  • [Fix #341] AddPodInventories not called for initial crew capacity 0.
  • [Fix #348] Volumes of some parts are too high to fit the KIS containers.

17 hours ago, ChrisF0001 said:

I'm trying to rebuild a base after the Great Detachment Mess of '19, and some parts still clip into the ground even after the maximum amount of B-pressing

The are two ways how it can happen:

1. The part attach nodes are either badly designed, or are intentionally inside the part collider. For the stock parts I only observed the latter case, with parts like docking ports.
  2. You are holding the part at the attach node that is setup upside down. It's a variation of #1 but not exactly. There are fairing parts in the DLCs that have two nodes at the same place: one points outside the parts to stack the parts in the vessel, the other one "looks" inside the part, to allow storing a part inside the fairing.

In both case clicking "R" may help: it iterates thru the part attach nodes. If the part is not hopelessly bad designed, you'll find at least one suitable node to safely drop the part on the ground. Another approach is to not drop them on the ground at all, but attaching them to something that is already on the ground instead. Even if they clip into the vessel, they won't explode.

The spanner no longer shows as being held.

I haven't played for a fair while so maybe this was lost a while ago but I seem to remember the kerbal holding the spanner and drill.

My Kerbal is able to detatch and attach parts but he isn't holding the spanner. If I try and hold the spanner with Jeb it gives me a message saying only someone with the repair skill can hold it. So I assume Bill has the spanner in hand but it's just not shown.

Also I can't interact with the JS-1 socket. Didn't it used to place and then have a pipe come out of it to attach to a different craft? I can place it but there is no pipe to attach. Maybe Bill needs to be a higher level to do that as I've started a new game and it's Bill's first trip to orbit.

Edited by uglyduckling81

Thank you so, so much for this!  I barely got a chance to try KIS for the first time with 1.7.3, and I was amazed at how much it changed the game (for the better).  I can't wait to work on Minmus surface vessels when I get home.

16 hours ago, IgorZ said:

The are two ways how it can happen:

1. The part attach nodes are either badly designed, or are intentionally inside the part collider. For the stock parts I only observed the latter case, with parts like docking ports.
  2. You are holding the part at the attach node that is setup upside down. It's a variation of #1 but not exactly. There are fairing parts in the DLCs that have two nodes at the same place: one points outside the parts to stack the parts in the vessel, the other one "looks" inside the part, to allow storing a part inside the fairing.

In both case clicking "R" may help: it iterates thru the part attach nodes. If the part is not hopelessly bad designed, you'll find at least one suitable node to safely drop the part on the ground. Another approach is to not drop them on the ground at all, but attaching them to something that is already on the ground instead. Even if they clip into the vessel, they won't explode.

Thanks, it hadn't occurred to me that "R" might help with the ground-interaction rather than just attaching.  I'll see how it goes!

FYI. CKAN has issues with CurseForge. So you may not see the new KIS version in CKAN just yet. If you need the new version ASAP, download it from any of the three resources directly.

1 hour ago, therealcrow999 said:

Some reason this one still doesn't show up for me in CKAN, but KAS is there already. Kind of weird.

All my mods stopped updating in CKAN due to recent CurseForge changes. I moved KAS/SurfaceLights to SpaceDock in a test mode, and it worked. Will update KIS/EVS now. Expect to see the update in a day or so.

Edited by IgorZ

Anybody know of a mod that enhances the lifting capacity of kerbals? Right now if you want to move a part you need 1 kerbal per ton - is there a part mod that adds like a command pod or exosuit or something that increases that? 

Edit: nevermind, I discovered ModuleKISPickup

Edited by t6jesse

12 minutes ago, t6jesse said:

Anybody know of a mod that enhances the lifting capacity of kerbals? Right now if you want to move a part you need 1 kerbal per ton - is there a part mod that adds like a command pod or exosuit or something that increases that? 

I don't know of a mod that does it but in the past people have created a Module Manager patch that changed the limits.  Interesting idea though - a part, like the screwdriver, with mass and volume that you add to a Kerbal's inventory to increase KAS mass/range limitations.  I'll leave that to IgorZ or some other intrepid modder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.