[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

On 5/7/2018 at 1:20 AM, IgorZ said:

1.12 (May 6th, 2018):

• [Fix #257] Helmet doesn't remove on the female kerbal models.
  • [Change] Upgrade to KSPDev Utils v0.33.

Available in CKAN and CurseForge.

Silly question, but CKAN is only showing 1.10 being available to me.  KSP/Making History/CKAN are all up-to-date, is there something else I'm doing wrong?

Okay, the manual only goes so far, I'm giving up now. I may not sound like it sometimes, but I'm loving this mod. That said, it's driving me bonkers!

I've managed, like a child learning to walk, to equip the electric screwdriver and I am now going around the Mün trying to unscrew things. The manual tells me to either use X or H to detach things. I've managed this once. I believe it was by pressing X, but whatever it was, I can't manage it again. I know I'm within reach, as I get a message when I'm out of reach. The part I'm trying to detach also turns blue, which I assume is good.

The one time I did get the part off, it fell to the ground and I tried putting it in my inventory, which, if I read correctly, is done by holding G and dragging it into the inventory. The part was one of those little 1x6 solar panels, so it wasn't too big, the only thing I had on me was the screwdriver. so space also wasn't an issue.

I'm running 1.4.2 and I installed all the mods through CKAN, as I found out the way I was doing it before was just giving me half functional stuff. Does it matter I'm using the touchpad on my laptop instead of a real mouse? 

Hello all, I'm habing this issue now
Za703aM.png

I packed two EVA canisters for long trips, but the inventory seems bugged. There is no action available when I right-click a canister, and the inventory volume seems bugged as well. If I drop a canister, I can't put back inside because the limit is 1Lt, the grid looks bigger too. I already tried switching back and forth with another astronaut inside, reloading the save and the game. I even tried to replicate it back at the KSC right at the launchpad, no issues there.
Could it be that after so many saves and loads I got it bugged? Or an update to the mod that ocurred after takeoff and broke something?

On 5/13/2018 at 1:24 PM, qeveren said:

Silly question, but CKAN is only showing 1.10 being available to me.  KSP/Making History/CKAN are all up-to-date, is there something else I'm doing wrong?

Something is wrong with CKAN. I've created a bug: https://github.com/ihsoft/KIS/issues/259

5 minutes ago, EstebanLB said:

I packed two EVA canisters for long trips, but the inventory seems bugged. There is no action available when I right-click a canister, and the inventory volume seems bugged as well. If I drop a canister, I can't put back inside because the limit is 1Lt, the grid looks bigger too. I already tried switching back and forth with another astronaut inside, reloading the save and the game. I even tried to replicate it back at the KSC right at the launchpad, no issues there.
Could it be that after so many saves and loads I got it bugged? Or an update to the mod that ocurred after takeoff and broke something?

Check the version of your KIS. CKAN believes the latest version is 1.10, which is wrong - yht latest version is 1.12. And 1.10 cannot work with the new suites.

Edited by IgorZ

1 hour ago, Bakkerbaard said:

The one time I did get the part off, it fell to the ground and I tried putting it in my inventory, which, if I read correctly, is done by holding G and dragging it into the inventory. The part was one of those little 1x6 solar panels, so it wasn't too big, the only thing I had on me was the screwdriver. so space also wasn't an issue.

Sorry, I didn't understand the problem. You've tried to drag the partin the einventory and what has happen? Just in case, remember that when you are dragging a part into inventory, you must not release the mouse button. Otherwise, KIS will switch into a different mode: moving the part around in the scene. You won't be able to put the item into inventory in this mode.

Just now, EstebanLB said:

What happens if I manually install the new files now and then CKAN gets an updated repo?

IIRC, CKAN won't touch your files. You'll have to manually drop your files to return back to the automatic behavior. However, I'm not a CKAN expert. For the best answer you better ask the developers.

53 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

@Bakkerbaard yes using a touchpad can cause issues. Some computers lock the left click action when the keyboard is in use with a touchpad. I am assuming it’s a laptop you are using?

Yeah, laptop. Disappearing into the couch with my feet up on the coffee table, so I haven't really got a proper surface for my big boy mouse. I think this may be the cause of my problem then.

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Just in case, remember that when you are dragging a part into inventory, you must not release the mouse button.

Yeah, I've followed the User Guide to the letter and as suggested by ExlorerKlatt the problem is likely at my end.

I am trying to restore an old mod for personal use and it used to use Kas which parts of this do I need to modify any help greatly appreciated

MODULE
{
    name = KASModuleGrab
    evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.0, -0.15)
    evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)
    storable = True
    storedSize = 2
    attachOnPart = True
    attachOnEva = True
    attachOnStatic = True
}
MODULE
{
    name = KASModuleContainer
    maxSize = 10
}

MODULE
{
    name = Tent
}

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed this mod and tried equipping the electric screwdriver onto my kerbal, yet i couldn't because when i tried to a message popped up saying something along the lines of it taking up to much space in my kerbals inventory. So, what am i suppose to do?

4 hours ago, SomePotato said:

I just installed this mod and tried equipping the electric screwdriver onto my kerbal, yet i couldn't because when i tried to a message popped up saying something along the lines of it taking up to much space in my kerbals inventory. So, what am i suppose to do?

It seems your mod is installed wrong. Try following this document to get it resolved. If it doesn't help, please explain the exact steps you did to install the mod and attach the log file (same wiki explains which file to send).

Hi @IgorZ - this might be outside of scope of KIS, but I want to ask to check.
Is there a part flag/indicator to allow a Kerbal to carry an object on their back, but enforce that they cannot automatically store it in a capsule they board? (ie it just drops on the ground as they enter)

Context: Thinking of a mod idea to spawn something in flight that a Kerbal can carry on back and move around, but I don't want them to be able to just throw it in storage and bring it home.

Edited by wile1411

6 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

Is there a part flag/indicator to allow a Kerbal to carry an object on their back, but enforce that they cannot automatically store it in a capsule they board? (ie it just drops on the ground as they enter)

A part can be either carried on the kerbal's back or be placed inside his/her inventory. You cannot allow both even if you want. When a kerbal, with the container on the back, enters the vessel, the carried container/part is always dropped. However, you can use an EVA kerbal to move this dropped item into a non-kerbal inventory, given there is enough space there. This cannot be restricted.

5 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

A part can be either carried on the kerbal's back or be placed inside his/her inventory. You cannot allow both even if you want. When a kerbal, with the container on the back, enters the vessel, the carried container/part is always dropped. However, you can use an EVA kerbal to move this dropped item into a non-kerbal inventory, given there is enough space there. This cannot be restricted.

Ah - thanks @IgorZ for the clarification. Sounds like what I'd hope for was mostly there, with the exception of the restriction on what can be place in a container inventory. I figured it was going to be a massive long shot to have a part be KIS enabled, but not allow it to be stored (kinda defeats the purpose of KIS in that way)   -  I'll keep thinking of other ways for the idea :) 

Edited by wile1411

Hi, @IgorZ

I've run into an issue while using the glorious Kerbal Hacks KIS addon. When trying to equip anything head-related (like glasses, headset etc.) on female Kerbals, sporting the new suit, KSP throws in log 'Error: evaTransform not found' and nothing happens. With the old suit everything works as designed. Hand-held items work with both suits. For male Kerbals everything works with both suits as well.

On 5/14/2018 at 7:16 PM, ExplorerKlatt said:

@Bakkerbaard yes using a touchpad can cause issues. Some computers lock the left click action when the keyboard is in use with a touchpad. I am assuming it’s a laptop you are using?

On 5/15/2018 at 9:29 PM, Bakkerbaard said:

In case anyone else runs into the problem: I went and checked. It was the touchpad causing the X, G and H problems. Playing with mouse works fine and I've spent the whole night unscrewing my communications array.

Well, now, I feel like an idiot, I never thought of that. Here I was on an airliner yesterday enjoying some quality KSP time on my HP laptop, but I couldn't detach anything when I needed to. It never occurred to to me that I needed to dig out my mouse and find room to use it. Of course, now that I'm home, I was able to do what I needed to do (attach Lizdun's debris to my rescue ship for a rescue/recover contract)

On 6/3/2018 at 7:51 AM, Bloody_looser said:

Hi, @IgorZ

I've run into an issue while using the glorious Kerbal Hacks KIS addon. When trying to equip anything head-related (like glasses, headset etc.) on female Kerbals, sporting the new suit, KSP throws in log 'Error: evaTransform not found' and nothing happens. With the old suit everything works as designed. Hand-held items work with both suits. For male Kerbals everything works with both suits as well.

The new suites have different models. So the old object names won't work. The KIS Props mod needs to be changed to look for the proper names. However, there can be issues with the old suites :(  I'll look into this mod when I have spare time to figure out if/how this can be fixed.

12 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Well, now, I feel like an idiot, I never thought of that. Here I was on an airliner yesterday enjoying some quality KSP time on my HP laptop, but I couldn't detach anything when I needed to. It never occurred to to me that I needed to dig out my mouse and find room to use it. Of course, now that I'm home, I was able to do what I needed to do (attach Lizdun's debris to my rescue ship for a rescue/recover contract)

Alas, this cannot be fixed in KPS or Unity - the problem happens at the level of the OS. I wonder if this touchpad behavior can be somehow disabled via the driver settings.

5 hours ago, IgorZ said:

The new suites have different models. So the old object names won't work. The KIS Props mod needs to be changed to look for the proper names. However, there can be issues with the old suites :(  I'll look into this mod when I have spare time to figure out if/how this can be fixed.

After directly referencing the bn_upperJaw01 bone via debug for the props, they equipped properly on the female kerbal in the new suit. For male kerbals they work as is. Kinda strange. :)

The mod describes the parts in such fashion.

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKISItem
        shortcutKeyAction = equip
        equipRemoveHelmet = false
        volumeOverride = 1
        equipable = true
        equipSlot = head
        equipMode = part
        useName = use
        equipMeshName = eyeballLeft
        equipBoneName = bn_upperJaw01
        equipPos = (-0.05, 0.215, 0)
        equipDir = (0, 90, 0)

}

Edited by Bloody_looser

Hey love this mod! Just curious if it would be possible to change the messaging when trying to attach 'Node' parts with the wrench / spanner. 

Took me forever in my career mode to realize I needed to research the powered driver before I could do this. Message just says 'This node can't be used for surface attach'  Maybe it could say something like 'You must use powered driver to use node attach" when you try to use the wrench?

https://i.imgur.com/J35YBTz.gifv

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.