[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

5 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

There is already a Mk3 formfactor, which is basically a 3.75m one with the sides cut off. Though I agree, a 3.75m container would be useful.

Trust me, I tried to make the mk3 one work but the adapters make it a really ugly solution for what I am doing.

Edit: I would also love a 1.875 container though I don't have a need for one currently.

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

1 minute ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

I try to stay tweakscale free for various reasons. One being that the texture of tweakscaled parts always looks funny.

If you don't mind scaling just one part, you could create an MM patch that uses the `rescaleFactor` to scale up one of the current parts.

I'll admit I tend to use a Kontainer from USI-Core if I want KIS storage in 3.75m, though they'll stand out in a build.

Hey awesome mod - so many useful additions to the game! 

I did run into one problem, not sure if its me or a bug.

I was excited to see a 3 person science lab with 1500 storage but upon mounting it to my station and putting it full of scientists I discovered that it didn't actually process science. Tried different scientists - ones I moved out of mybuilt-in lab, made sure it was the ONLY lab connected to the station, nothing worked... I didn't loose science and took it to another station with me, but was disappointed I couldn't use the awesome lab.

Is there a trick to it? am I not doing it right?

3 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

I was excited to see a 3 person science lab with 1500 storage but upon mounting it to my station and putting it full of scientists I discovered that it didn't actually process science. Tried different scientists - ones I moved out of mybuilt-in lab, made sure it was the ONLY lab connected to the station, nothing worked... I didn't loose science and took it to another station with me, but was disappointed I couldn't use the awesome lab.

what other mods do you have?  AFAIK KIS doesn't add any storage to the science lab by default.  At least I can't find any reference to that in the configs.

3 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

There is no science lab in the list of KIS parts. What mod is the lab from? I run a patch to add a KIS inventory to all crewed parts. Do you have something similar?

13 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

Hmm... I thought the lab was from KIS, Its the PXL-2 deep space lab module. It has an inventory for 3 scientists. Wonder what mod its from then. 

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion. Which is a depreciated mod.

@Atlas Gaming I see the others have already answered your question. Just wanted to acknowledge it. KIS doesn't provide any crewed or science parts. However, it does add seat inventories to every crewed part in the game. That said, if the science lab had at least one crew seat, then there will be an inventory added. It cannot affect the science functionality of the part though.

• 2 weeks later...

@IgorZ

Pretty sure I found a glitch. When using the KIS 1.15 with KSP 1.5.1. If kerbalCrewMass from Physics.cfg is set via ModuleManger1.1 kerbals on EVA have that added to on top of their normal mass. So for example if you set kerbalCrewMass to 0.09375 when you EVA and hit Tab to open the inventory the mass readout is 187.5kg exactly equal to 0.09375 + 0.09375. Setting kerbalDefaultMass in settings.cfg to 0.0 does not remove the extra mass so I can't work around this and have kerbals mass contribute to their vessel. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

@IgorZ

Pretty sure I found a glitch. When using the KIS 1.15 with KSP 1.5.1. If kerbalCrewMass from Physics.cfg is set via ModuleManger1.1 kerbals on EVA have that added to on top of their normal mass. So for example if you set kerbalCrewMass to 0.09375 when you EVA and hit Tab to open the inventory the mass readout is 187.5kg exactly equal to 0.09375 + 0.09375. Setting kerbalDefaultMass in settings.cfg to 0.0 does not remove the extra mass so I can't work around this and have kerbals mass contribute to their vessel. Thanks!

Could you please have it tested in KSP 1.6.1 and KIS 1.18? Sorry, but the legacy versions are not maintained.

10 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Could you please have it tested in KSP 1.6.1 and KIS 1.18? Sorry, but the legacy versions are not maintained.

Tested and confirmed on latest KIS release on 1.6.1

7 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

The ModuleKISPickup has an option allowPartAttach, but when adding the module to a part, I can only place stuff, not attach it. Is there something else that needs to be added in order to make a "robotic builder"? Can parts equip screwdrivers?

In the current implementation only kerbals can move and attach parts. You still can add ModuleKISPickup to other parts to increase mass and distance limits.

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

In the current implementation only kerbals can move and attach parts. You still can add ModuleKISPickup to other parts to increase mass and distance limits.

Well, moving out of the inventory is possible without a problem - my BFR command pod has a KIS inventory and ModuleKISPickup, and I can just drag stuff out of the inventory and place it anywhere I want (within the given radius of course). Since there is a allowPartStack flag in the documentation, I assumed that attaching would work, too. I did not try to move stuff around that was already placed.

21 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Is KIS now meant to replace KAS fully? 

Or is KAS still being worked on? 

38 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Is KIS now meant to replace KAS fully? 

Or is KAS still being worked on? 

KIS and KAS have been separate mods for a while now.

KIS deals with storing parts and in flight repairs and modifications. 

KAS deals with connecting two vehicles, towing and the like. 

KAS link 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.