[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

1 hour ago, BionicPianoMan said:

In the VAB, when attempting to add the Electric Screwdriver to the cargo absolutely nothing in the EVA Items appears when I'm in the Cargo tab. Doesn't matter the vehicle, or even SPH. I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong, as I'm attempting to learn how to use everything, or if it's legitimately a glitch or conflict.

The electric screwdriver and other EVA items from KIS are not configured to go into stock inventory. KIS items go in KIS inventory, not 1.11 stock inventory/cargo.

KIS containers are available in the Payload tab (same as fairings and cargo bays), not Cargo. (slightly confusing, I know)

1 hour ago, BionicPianoMan said:

I know I don't need the screwdriver for the repair, but I'm pretty positive I need it to attach the new solar panel. 

Parts that can go in stock inventory can be attached without a KIS electric screwdriver, kerbal engineers can use their laser welders for that (the laser welder isn't an item, it just comes with engineers). So you don't actually need the screwdriver to attach that solar panel, you just need Bill Kerman.

15 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

The electric screwdriver and other EVA items from KIS are not configured to go into stock inventory. KIS items go in KIS inventory, not 1.11 stock inventory/cargo.

KIS containers are available in the Payload tab (same as fairings and cargo bays), not Cargo. (slightly confusing, I know)

Parts that can go in stock inventory can be attached without a KIS electric screwdriver, kerbal engineers can use their laser welders for that (the laser welder isn't an item, it just comes with engineers). So you don't actually need the screwdriver to attach that solar panel, you just need Bill Kerman.

THANK YOU!!!

11 hours ago, BionicPianoMan said:

I'm having an issue and I can't seem to figure out what's causing it. Forgive me, for I'm brand new to ALL of this. Idk how I didn't know about it earlier, but I just recently discovered KSP and I'm having a blast. Then I found about mods and holy moly did my blown mind blow again. Anyhoo, apologies if this isn't the correct place to ask this:

In the VAB, when attempting to add the Electric Screwdriver to the cargo absolutely nothing in the EVA Items appears when I'm in the Cargo tab. Doesn't matter the vehicle, or even SPH. I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong, as I'm attempting to learn how to use everything, or if it's legitimately a glitch or conflict. I have two active contracts where I have to (1) attach a solar panel to a satellite orbiting Kerbin, and (2) repair a satellite orbiting the Mun. My goal was to do both in one trip. I know I don't need the screwdriver for the repair, but I'm pretty positive I need it to attach the new solar panel. 

I'm running on macOS Mojave (10.14.6), 3.6GHz Intel i9, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580X 8GB, KSP 1.11.  Output log and ckan mod list can be found here

I've tried scouring the interwebs for a solution, but haven't come across anything with the similar problem. 

As I've recently discovered the game, as of Jan 5, I've only more recently discovered the community. And holy cow, what a community. Thanks in advance for the help, and again my apologies if this isn't the right place to submit my problem. 

This isn't exactly the place to ask this, I would think you would want to ask in the gameplay questions section and explain your situation, but eh.

You can just attach the solar panel with the stock EVA building functionality, without using KIS. All engineers have a laser welding tool, you don't need to bring a screwdriver, or use KIS at all.

Edited by EnderKid2

On 1/17/2021 at 10:33 AM, OrdinaryKerman said:

Remember also that the EVA items from KIS are moved by drag and drop into the inventory.

4 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

I ave the same issue, playing on 1.9.1 with version 1.28.

KIS 1.28 isn't compatible with any KSP version before 1.11, you either need to update KSP to 1.11 or get a previous version of KIS (1.27 should work). 

On 1/21/2021 at 7:21 PM, Anubis-X said:

Hey I am having an issue with the Inventory UI not Showing up when  I click on the inventory button,  I don't know how to fix this problem ' Does anyone now how to fix this?

Are you also on a KSP version older than 1.11?

21 minutes ago, TBenz said:

KIS 1.28 isn't compatible with any KSP version before 1.11, you either need to update KSP to 1.11 or get a previous version of KIS (1.27 should work).

Ah ok, installed it via CKAN. Just checked again, now there is a warning. Must have installed it when that was not yet updated.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:13 AM, TBenz said:

Are you also on a KSP version older than 1.11?

yes, I am using 1.8.1

Just now, Anubis-X said:

yes, I am using 1.8.1

I have a few questions about the mod in respect to the new 1.11 update and new gameplay.
i realize that kas is not yet fully supported for 1.11 but I'm sure I'm not the only one who plays on the latest version so i wanted to discuss how it is right now
(lovely mod btw regards to the maker and maintainers made the game much more interesting as proven by the addition in stock ksp.)

Is kas independent of kis (as some of the questions focus on kis and some on kas and I wanted to keep them together as one discussion of the future )
ie; can kas cooperate with the stock inventory or at least add a a way to transfer items from kis inventory to stock inventory as it now exists?

one reason to keep using kas and kis is that in stock only some parts can be manipulated and stored. 
I'd implement a mm patch that will add cargopart module to all parts to solve this but I'm not sure how to add the weight and appropriate volume to each part.
I really like the system of stacking kerbals lifting ability for heavier parts, maybe that can be add somehow to stock eva construction mode.

in stock game the kerbal have a default drill without Carrying an item in the inventory can we have that option in kas for the engineer?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem :-(
First of all, I would like to apologize for my bad English. (I used Google translate)

-------

1) I have KSP version 1.11.0 installed.
2) I have now installed KIS version 1.28 to be compatible with this version of KSP 1.11.0.

3) In the picture I attached via the link/image.
I right-click on the container and a dialog will appear where the INVENTORY button is visible. I click on it, but nothing else happens. The contents of the container should be visible and can be filled with components.

6l9BUGJ.png

Can anyone please advise what to do with it? Where could the problem be?
Thank you for any advice.

Crucian

7 hours ago, Crucian said:

Hi, I have a problem :-(
First of all, I would like to apologize for my bad English. (I used Google translate)

-------

1) I have KSP version 1.11.0 installed.
2) I have now installed KIS version 1.28 to be compatible with this version of KSP 1.11.0.

3) In the picture I attached via the link/image.
I right-click on the container and a dialog will appear where the INVENTORY button is visible. I click on it, but nothing else happens. The contents of the container should be visible and can be filled with components.

6l9BUGJ.png

Can anyone please advise what to do with it? Where could the problem be?
Thank you for any advice.

Crucian

Most likely the problem is in the incorrect setup. Please, go thru https://github.com/ihsoft/KIS/wiki/Troubleshooting and verify that your setup is correct. If everything is right, but the problem persists, please provide the logs (there are instructions on which log to get in the Wiki).

11 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Most likely the problem is in the incorrect setup. Please, go thru https://github.com/ihsoft/KIS/wiki/Troubleshooting and verify that your setup is correct. If everything is right, but the problem persists, please provide the logs (there are instructions on which log to get in the Wiki).

Hi, I tried everything according to the procedure you gave me and it looks like everything is already working as it should.

Nk3foar.png

Thank you very much for your help and I apologize once again for my bad English.

Have a nice day
Crucian

49 minutes ago, Crucian said:

Thank you very much for your help and I apologize once again for my bad English.

I'm glad to hear the issues were resolved. And no need to apologize for the bad English - many of us here are not native speakers. Including me :) 

1 hour ago, Crucian said:

Have a nice day
Crucian

17 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

And no need to apologize for the bad English - many of us here are not native speakers. Including me :) 

Some of us "native speakers" aren't so good with English, either! I teach at the university level and can say it is rough some days - especially when you favor in generational slang!

@Crucian, glad your problem was resolved and welcome to our community. 

1 hour ago, Wolves_Hero said:

JS-1 Joint Socket not worked, I clicked mouse do nothing can't connection anymore, broken mod.

KIS doesn't have part JS-1. It's KAS that provides it. I'd suggest you to watch demo videos in the KAS first post to learn how to use the mod.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, si2504 said:

Does anybody have a solution to an issue I am experiencing. When I am trying to transfer Kerbals between modules, I get a red error message pop up saying "part-xxx doesn't have personal inventory space". thank you

Which parts do you use in your setup? All stock and "traditionally designed" parts must have the inventories. This message usually appears for the inflatable modules that have zero crew capacity in the default state.

39 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Which parts do you use in your setup? All stock and "traditionally designed" parts must have the inventories. This message usually appears for the inflatable modules that have zero crew capacity in the default state.

This is with the station parts expansion mod parts. So yes the inflatable centrifuge, such as the big gemini one. But it does say it even though it is deployed, so not in it's default undeployed state. It also said it whilst trying to transfer between a command pod (mki-iii) and the hitchhiker crew module, which I believe may also be part of the station parts expansion, I can't quite remember.

4 hours ago, si2504 said:

But it does say it even though it is deployed, so not in it's default undeployed state

The default part state is the state in which you see it in the editor. If in the editor it's deflated and has zero capacity, then KIS won't add inventories. This cannot be fixed on the KIS side since the inventories are added to the parts at the game start. However, the mod developer can create an MM patch to have it addressed by explicitly adding the inventories. E.g. it's successfully done for the deployable parts in KPBS mod.

7 hours ago, IgorZ said:

The default part state is the state in which you see it in the editor. If in the editor it's deflated and has zero capacity, then KIS won't add inventories. This cannot be fixed on the KIS side since the inventories are added to the parts at the game start. However, the mod developer can create an MM patch to have it addressed by explicitly adding the inventories. E.g. it's successfully done for the deployable parts in KPBS mod.

That doesn't explain the rigid modules though that DO have crew capacity as default...

On 1/17/2021 at 3:52 PM, BionicPianoMan said:

I'm having an issue and I can't seem to figure out what's causing it. Forgive me, for I'm brand new to ALL of this. Idk how I didn't know about it earlier, but I just recently discovered KSP and I'm having a blast. Then I found about mods and holy moly did my blown mind blow again. Anyhoo, apologies if this isn't the correct place to ask this:

In the VAB, when attempting to add the Electric Screwdriver to the cargo absolutely nothing in the EVA Items appears when I'm in the Cargo tab. Doesn't matter the vehicle, or even SPH. I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong, as I'm attempting to learn how to use everything, or if it's legitimately a glitch or conflict. I have two active contracts where I have to (1) attach a solar panel to a satellite orbiting Kerbin, and (2) repair a satellite orbiting the Mun. My goal was to do both in one trip. I know I don't need the screwdriver for the repair, but I'm pretty positive I need it to attach the new solar panel. 

I'm running on macOS Mojave (10.14.6), 3.6GHz Intel i9, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580X 8GB, KSP 1.11.  Output log and ckan mod list can be found here

I've tried scouring the interwebs for a solution, but haven't come across anything with the similar problem. 

As I've recently discovered the game, as of Jan 5, I've only more recently discovered the community. And holy cow, what a community. Thanks in advance for the help, and again my apologies if this isn't the right place to submit my problem. 

I haven't played KSP for some time, but according to my previous experiences, you need to load the crew before putting items into their pod inventory in VAB/SPH. Otherwise the items won't appear.  Whatever...

Edited by RandomKerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.