[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

5 hours ago, Jokpau Gaming said:

Is there any way to fix [part name] doesn't have personal inventory space?

Yes, it's possible.  It's not up to the KIS mod to add it but you can write a Module Manager (MM) patch which modifies the part's original configuration.   You'll need to know the part's internal name (not the in-game title but the actual coded part name), the name of the module that provides the KIS functionality, and a little MM syntax.  I'm sure someone's done something similar already.  If I were a little smarter, I'd offer more specific advice :P.

Something to consider is the MKS mod author's intent of not supplying KIS inventory capacity in the first place, but it's your game; play it the way you want it.

Edited by Brigadier

On 4/16/2021 at 9:20 AM, Brigadier said:

Something to consider is the MKS mod author's intent of not supplying KIS inventory capacity in the first place, but it's your game; play it the way you want it.

I doubt it was a specific decision that the part shouldn't have KIS inventory; it's more like a KIS limitation.  The part in question (MKS Ranger mini-hab) is inflatable and has no crew capacity in its default state.  When crew seats are added by inflating the part, KIS seat inventories ought to be added too, but KIS doesn't support dynamically varying the number of seats like that.  It just uses the base number from the part config, which is zero.

@IgorZ - originally asked in the KAS thread:

There's not much I can screenshot or video, but will put a video anyway here alongside all the logs I can find: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1v73s4j0ndwco5k/AABZ5Ryaz1rJODJOXSbvNkbha?dl=0

Text description of the issue: I press the "open inventory" option for any container part, crewed part, or crew, I can hear the sound of a drawer being opened, and nothing opens. However at least in VAB once the drawer sound plays, the "drag object to inventory" UI becomes  available (tiny preview of the part being dragged is visible next to the mouse pointer), there's just nothing to draw the object to.

If I press the "open inventory" option again, I get the sound of a drawer being closed, and trying to drag parts around doesn't show the part preview UI.

This is reproducible both in VAB and in flight.

Edited by TanoPrime
added link to logs

20 hours ago, TanoPrime said:

@IgorZ - originally asked in the KAS thread:

There's not much I can screenshot or video, but will put a video anyway here alongside all the logs I can find: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1v73s4j0ndwco5k/AABZ5Ryaz1rJODJOXSbvNkbha?dl=0

Text description of the issue: I press the "open inventory" option for any container part, crewed part, or crew, I can hear the sound of a drawer being opened, and nothing opens. However at least in VAB once the drawer sound plays, the "drag object to inventory" UI becomes  available (tiny preview of the part being dragged is visible next to the mouse pointer), there's just nothing to draw the object to.

If I press the "open inventory" option again, I get the sound of a drawer being closed, and trying to drag parts around doesn't show the part preview UI.

This is reproducible both in VAB and in flight.

In the logs I don't see any KIS or KAS specific error. However, I see a lot of exceptions related to another mod. Looks like you have a bad mod that somehow interferes with KIS  and who knows how many other mods. The most severe issue comes from `EVAConstructionModeController`. Try removing all the mods and leaving KIS only - if it works in this configuration, then it's a mods conflict. The only way to resolve it is removing mods one by one until the problem fixes.

On 4/21/2021 at 8:33 AM, IgorZ said:

In the logs I don't see any KIS or KAS specific error. However, I see a lot of exceptions related to another mod. Looks like you have a bad mod that somehow interferes with KIS  and who knows how many other mods. The most severe issue comes from `EVAConstructionModeController`. Try removing all the mods and leaving KIS only - if it works in this configuration, then it's a mods conflict. The only way to resolve it is removing mods one by one until the problem fixes.

@IgorZ- Tested, deleted everything except Community Category Kit, KIS, Module Manager, and Squad.

Problem still persists, with same details as before - options are there, parts are there, sound plays when opening an inventory, but then nothing opens.

Player.log shows the same problems as the one with all those other mods - particularly the errors connected to "EVAConstructionModeController".

Log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sj9gqyi5rd390l/KIS-only Player.log?dl=0

Edited by TanoPrime
tested, added new player log

On 4/22/2021 at 3:25 AM, TanoPrime said:

@IgorZ- Tested, deleted everything except Community Category Kit, KIS, Module Manager, and Squad.

Problem still persists, with same details as before - options are there, parts are there, sound plays when opening an inventory, but then nothing opens.

Player.log shows the same problems as the one with all those other mods - particularly the errors connected to "EVAConstructionModeController".

Log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sj9gqyi5rd390l/KIS-only Player.log?dl=0

Only now I noticed that you use KSP 1.10. KIS v1.28 was made for the 1.11 version. I never tested it in the older versions. Try downgrading KIS or upgrading the game.

8 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Only now I noticed that you use KSP 1.10. KIS v1.28 was made for the 1.11 version. I never tested it in the older versions. Try downgrading KIS or upgrading the game.

@IgorZ- That was the problem, I installed KIS v1.26 and now the inventory window opens..

What's the latest version made for KSP 1.10? Would 1.27 work too?

Edited by TanoPrime
tested, works

12 hours ago, TanoPrime said:

@IgorZ- That was the problem, I installed KIS v1.26 and now the inventory window opens..

What's the latest version made for KSP 1.10? Would 1.27 work too?

KIS 1.26 is the only version that works with KSP 1.10. What's the reason you don't upgrade to 1.11?

On 4/25/2021 at 2:01 AM, IgorZ said:

KIS 1.26 is the only version that works with KSP 1.10. What's the reason you don't upgrade to 1.11?

I tend to stay 1-2 versions behind the bleeding edge in any game that I invest a lot of time in.
For KSP specifically, I'm not sure that all the mods I use that I find indispensable have been updated to 1.11 yet.

22 hours ago, TanoPrime said:

I tend to stay 1-2 versions behind the bleeding edge in any game that I invest a lot of time in.
For KSP specifically, I'm not sure that all the mods I use that I find indispensable have been updated to 1.11 yet.

Understood. However, if all of humanity follows this approach, we will never start a crewed mission to Mars. Stay 2 versions behind! :)  (kidding)

10 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Understood. However, if all of humanity follows this approach, we will never start a crewed mission to Mars. Stay 2 versions behind! :)  (kidding)

I understand what you mean, and agree with you - with most games I don't bother, but stuff like KSP I get emotionally involved with, and tend to deal badly with some game-breaking bug preventing me from progressing in a save. It's easier to stay on a known release until all the bugs were ironed out from the bleeding edge (and all mods were updated).

Will now probably try to get as far as possible with my current savegame, then start a new one in a few months with 1.11 or whatever version it will be up to then.

1 hour ago, TanoPrime said:

I understand what you mean, and agree with you - with most games I don't bother, but stuff like KSP I get emotionally involved with, and tend to deal badly with some game-breaking bug preventing me from progressing in a save. It's easier to stay on a known release until all the bugs were ironed out from the bleeding edge (and all mods were updated).

Will now probably try to get as far as possible with my current savegame, then start a new one in a few months with 1.11 or whatever version it will be up to then.

If they hold to schedule, 1.12 should drop in the next month or two. They've typically released every 5-6 months since 1.8.

On 4/26/2021 at 5:37 AM, TanoPrime said:

But you also might miss out on new features that only work in newer versions of the game. There's the tradeoff of cool vs. functional

On 4/27/2021 at 11:51 PM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

But you also might miss out on new features that only work in newer versions of the game. There's the tradeoff of cool vs. functional

True. But history of KSP releases have teached us that all new cool features become fully functional only after few more releases and if nothing else become broken too. That includes not only KSP itself, but also someone favorite mods that may or may not work properly on lateast releases.

So, yeah, it us not usually good idea to jump on new release imediately, but it is also bad idea to wait for a long time to switch on newer release too.

Ok, it's probably dumb question but... how can I move parts between KIS inventory and stock one in flight? I have storage unit with stock items (like jetpack and parachute) placed in KIS inventory. How can I move them to stock one?

22 hours ago, Ignalion said:

Ok, it's probably dumb question but... how can I move parts between KIS inventory and stock one in flight? I have storage unit with stock items (like jetpack and parachute) placed in KIS inventory. How can I move them to stock one?

The systems don't work together at all iirc. Parts could be placed down and picked back up to transfer them, but I don't think you can transfer non-placable items.

dont  think that the Bone Hierarchy has a jaw bone,but maybe iam wrong

AFAIK Ragdolls have just the bones needed for collisions like arms and legs,hands a.s.o

means the head is just one part with animations on it,but as i sayed maybe completly wrong in this case

maybe this help u find it out

16 minutes ago, Alexsys said:

Would appreciate some assistance, kerbal lives depend on it

It appears the KIS Propellant tank needs an upgrade. Every time you click refuel it throws an exception in KSP 1.11.2

[EXC 10:07:26.733] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.RefillEvaPack (KIS.KIS_Item item) (at <717f3fbf4619476fb8c8266ee8d73162>:0)
	KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <717f3fbf4619476fb8c8266ee8d73162>:0)
	KIS.KIS_Item.Use (KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <717f3fbf4619476fb8c8266ee8d73162>:0)
	KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiContextMenu (System.Int32 windowID) (at <717f3fbf4619476fb8c8266ee8d73162>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Likely due to recent changes.

On a positive note you can still equip it and it attaches to the backpack nicely.

You can also use the "EVA Fuel Cylinders" from the new stock inventory system as a substitute, but you'll have to drop the parachute to carry them.  

6 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

It appears the KIS Propellant tank needs an upgrade. Every time you click refuel it throws an exception in KSP 1.11.2

[EXC 10:07:26.733] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.RefillEvaPack (KIS.KIS_Item item) (at <717f3fbf4619476fb8c8266ee8d73162>:0)
	KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <717f3fbf4619476fb8c8266ee8d73162>:0)
	KIS.KIS_Item.Use (KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <717f3fbf4619476fb8c8266ee8d73162>:0)
	KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiContextMenu (System.Int32 windowID) (at <717f3fbf4619476fb8c8266ee8d73162>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

On a positive note you can still equip it and it attaches to the backpack nicely.

You can also use the "EVA Fuel Cylinders" from the new stock inventory system as a substitute, but you'll have to drop the parachute to carry them.  

You think there would be any possibility for a user to tweak himself a few things within the CFG file of the eva propellant tank, to make it work? Or would it need a total overhaul?
Tried to mess with it a bit, but no lack due to no idea.

'Evapropellant tank KIS cfg' | TextUploader.com

24 minutes ago, Alexsys said:

Tried to mess with it a bit, but no lack due to no idea.

Well.... you could try making the KIS tank work like the Stock Cylinder

The resource is already present in the KIS Tank but you can't add it to stock inventory. 

If you added this to the KIS Tank

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCargoPart	
		packedVolume = 15
		reinitResourcesOnStoreInVessel = true
	}

then it could be placed in stock inventory including a kerbal's personal stock slots, refuel when placed in a vessel's slot and work as the stock cylinder does. Just don't use the refuel button 

This is "theory" but something to try.

2 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Well.... you could try making the KIS tank work like the Stock Cylinder

The resource is already present in the KIS Tank but you can't add it to stock inventory. 

If you added this to the KIS Tank

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCargoPart	
		packedVolume = 15
		reinitResourcesOnStoreInVessel = true
	}

then it could be placed in stock inventory including a kerbal's personal stock slots, refuel when placed in a vessel's slot and work as the stock cylinder does. Just don't use the refuel button 

This is "theory" but something to try.

You're a legend man, I'll give it a try.

will report back in

On 5/19/2021 at 7:19 AM, Caerfinon said:

Thanks for the report. Indeed, there is a problem. I've created a tracking issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.