[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

57 minutes ago, RandomKerbal said:

According to the OP, this mod can only be working with KSP 1.8.

I haven't play KSP for a while due to academic issues, but can I "force" it to be compatible with KSP 1.10?

Will there be any serious problems?

Have you even tried it? The OP says Minimum version 1.8.  1.26 was the 1.10 update

I feel like an absolute moron. When I equip an item and attempt to detach an item (hold "h" and click on the part), nothing happens. I can't grab items as when I hold "g" and try to drag the part into my inventory, nothing happens there either). I feel like I'm doing something very obviously wrong but I've no idea what. I'm trying it with an engineer and I have the screwdriver equipped.

'h' to attach. 'x' to detach, Use the cursor and highlight the part you want to grab. Press 'g' and the cursor should changed to a "hand' icon and say "Detach and Grab"gggggggg.  Continue holding 'g' and just drag it to your inventory..  When it's over a slot let go of the 'g' key.

If that doesn't help, upload your KSP.log and share a short video of what you are trying to do.

4 hours ago, Alversia said:

When I equip an item and attempt to detach an item (hold "h" and click on the part), nothing happens.

Do you get a sound effect?  Does the part you're trying to detach change color?

23 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

'h' to attach. 'x' to detach, Use the cursor and highlight the part you want to grab. Press 'g' and the cursor should changed to a "hand' icon and say "Detach and Grab"gggggggg.  Continue holding 'g' and just drag it to your inventory..  When it's over a slot let go of the 'g' key.

If that doesn't help, upload your KSP.log and share a short video of what you are trying to do.

Thanks for the reply! I've tried the buttons above but still no joy. I've attached a video of me attempting to detach a solar panel and to both grab it/a container off the side.

I've also attached the Player.log as the KSP.log seemed to be empty? I'm not sure if it'll be of use.

Thanks for any help!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YmRwDKu2lVaaiXJqfyS5VeHsQvqXrskG/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-lrOS9O6enL0dnSiuX57OO6Oy4Li0grO/view?usp=sharing

23 hours ago, Nikolai said:

Do you get a sound effect?  Does the part you're trying to detach change color?

Thanks for the reply! No sound effect unfortunately, but the part does change colour (green when pressing g and purplely-blue when pressing x)

4 hours ago, Alversia said:

Thanks for the reply! No sound effect unfortunately, but the part does change colour (green when pressing g and purplely-blue when pressing x)

KIS looks correctly installed and working since you can drag stuff from inventory to inventory.  The log shows going into "grab" mode, but nothing being grabbed. Are you left clicking on the part? Highlight part, hold 'g', click and hold left mouse and 'g' while you drag the part to the inventory.  The only problem I see in the log is you should install ZeroMiniAVC to fix a known problem with MiniAVC in newer KSP.

To be honest I haven't tested this on 1.10.1, so I don't know for a fact that it works.  I'm still playing 1.9.1 waiting for ReStock to update.  If KIS were broken I'd expect this thread to be blowing up with complaints.

17 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

KIS looks correctly installed and working since you can drag stuff from inventory to inventory.  The log shows going into "grab" mode, but nothing being grabbed. Are you left clicking on the part? Highlight part, hold 'g', click and hold left mouse and 'g' while you drag the part to the inventory.  The only problem I see in the log is you should install ZeroMiniAVC to fix a known problem with MiniAVC in newer KSP.

To be honest I haven't tested this on 1.10.1, so I don't know for a fact that it works.  I'm still playing 1.9.1 waiting for ReStock to update.  If KIS were broken I'd expect this thread to be blowing up with complaints.

Yup, I'm hovering over the part, holding "g" and left-clicking but nothing seems to be happening. Maybe it's just a bug with 1.10.1. Thanks for helping all the same. I'll just wait for an update and see if that fixes it!

48 minutes ago, Alversia said:

Yup, I'm hovering over the part, holding "g" and left-clicking but nothing seems to be happening.

I think what Alversia was getting at is that you need to do more than just click.  You need to click and drag (the part into the inventory you want it to appear in), while holding "g" down the entire time.

18 hours ago, Nikolai said:

I think what Alversia was getting at is that you need to do more than just click.  You need to click and drag (the part into the inventory you want it to appear in), while holding "g" down the entire time.

I did try that (and it is in the video) but the part doesn't seem to drag, the cursor does but the part just stays where is?

2 hours ago, Alversia said:

I did try that (and it is in the video) but the part doesn't seem to drag, the cursor does but the part just stays where is?

Is there a notification showing up in the center-top of the screen when you try to do that?  If it exceeds the weight or volume that a single Kerbal can move, it will complain like this and not move the part.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:52 PM, Nikolai said:

Is there a notification showing up in the center-top of the screen when you try to do that?  If it exceeds the weight or volume that a single Kerbal can move, it will complain like this and not move the part.

I've seen that notification when I try to move things that are too heavy for attaching but not detaching or grabbing.

6 hours ago, Alversia said:

I've seen that notification when I try to move things that are too heavy for attaching but not detaching or grabbing.

I've seen it while attempting to grab.  It doesn't seem to care if you just want to detach it.

Quick question, if you want a kerbal to simply drop something he has grabbed without hitting escape how does one do it?  The top line in the screen popup reads "Drop (bottom)".  I tried the down arrow key, I tried dragging it to the bottom of the screen, then ran out of ideas

1 hour ago, darthgently said:

Quick question, if you want a kerbal to simply drop something he has grabbed without hitting escape how does one do it?  The top line in the screen popup reads "Drop (bottom)".  I tried the down arrow key, I tried dragging it to the bottom of the screen, then ran out of ideas

Just click with the part against something, even your Kerbal.

I am having trouble with two things as far as I can tell.

First, when I try to grab an object, it works fine, but I can only mount it, I can't drop it in a new spot.  I am trying to build a rover on the Mun, but my ship is too tall to be able to access the storage containers from the ground.  I need to drop them, then rearrange them on the ground.  

Second, I can't see the SC-62 container on my back when I am carrying it.  In addition, I can't carry most items, including the EVA fuel canister.  only the SC-62 and SEQ-6.

39 minutes ago, pyrophreek said:

I am having trouble with two things as far as I can tell.

First, when I try to grab an object, it works fine, but I can only mount it, I can't drop it in a new spot.  I am trying to build a rover on the Mun, but my ship is too tall to be able to access the storage containers from the ground.  I need to drop them, then rearrange them on the ground.  

Second, I can't see the SC-62 container on my back when I am carrying it.  In addition, I can't carry most items, including the EVA fuel canister.  only the SC-62 and SEQ-6.

We need a copy of your KSP.log.  Host it to a file sharing site like Google Drive or Dropbox and share a link here. Make sure it's shared for anyone with the link.

I've used KIS a lot in 1.9.1 and didn't have any problems.  I switched to 1.10.1 today and still don't see problems.  I have around 130 mods. I specifically tested carrying the SC-62, Eva bottle,  inventories, attach, detach, grab and drop. 

Make sure your mods (and their dependencies) are up to date and installed correctly. 90% of problems are one or the other. 

1 minute ago, darthgently said:

How does one put a link to google photo or drive here?  When I try to post the shareable link the popup won't take it.

I normally past it into the post editor and it just works, but that's windows.   Otherwise there's a hyperlink tool in the editor.  Second row second on the left.  Looks like the link in chain.

1 hour ago, Tonka Crash said:

I normally past it into the post editor and it just works, but that's windows.   Otherwise there's a hyperlink tool in the editor.  Second row second on the left.  Looks like the link in chain.

Ah, ok, I was using the "Insert image URL" button like a good soldier.  I'm going to be a bad soldier and do it your way then

I had a Kerbal put on one SC 62 now here is what his inventory looks like and he is glitching like crazy
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9GdouDdaqpPpzrFT9

In flight view, that white box is the kerb with his backpack repeatedly shooting past the camera view at a zillion mps, but in map view his orbit is fine.  I can do a few things with him from hyperedit but none of them stop the visual flybys in flight mode and I'm not sure I'm controlling him at all really.  But I was able to open his inventory and r-click->drop all the SC62s, all but one gave null object refs to console (linux) and one didn't and the zooming kerb no longer had a box on his back.  But from a ship nearby I could not see the box on map view.  I tried taking a ship near him but the game crashes when I do.  The sfs file had multiple SC62 entries and I deleted out the ones that didn't have a PART with a matching uid elsewhere in the file but that didn't help.  Bill Kerman is lost in space, well, not lost, but not found either

He is zooming mostly radial out.  I looked hard at the file and couldn't find a vector or quaternion that would seem to explain his visual appearance of movement in flight mode and map mode (and the camera view in flight mode) seem to reflect a normal orbit.  I can change his orbit with hyperedit to minmus for example, but the result is the same, just another body orbited.  I tried hyperedit landing him with similar results.  I tried adjusting all aspects of his orbit separately hoping that something would trigger an overwrite of the bad data but nada-nojoy

Apologies for phone vid but its all I got on linux for now

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xexHVBRQGxLPfJnm7

I hyperedited him to Kerbin orbit and apparently hyperedit only alters the rails orbit, in the logs, when I had him drop the SC62, it immediately went into a NaN/infinite numbered solar orbit.  So I think Bill is also in a similar NaN orbit while flying him from the tracking station just takes me to his rails orbit and him flying past is exactly that, him flying past.  It is interesting that no matter where I put him, his infinite orbit still passes through the rails point in the orbit that hyperedit sends him to

Here is a scrap of KSP.log

Drop item

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[Part:kerbalEVAFuture (id=F1256976200)#Module:18] Update config node of the equipped part: [Part:KIS.Container1 (id=F646447281)]

[FlightGlobals]: ProtoPartSnapShot persistentId changed from 3351607808 to 1702842899. Vessel persistentId 3489096177

WORKAROUND! Temporarily disabling the EVA type of vessel [Vessel:kerbalEVAFuture]

Create lone part vessel for [Part:KIS.Container1 (id=F646447281)]

[TweakScale] WARNING: TweakScale was externally deactivated on module on part [KIS.Container1] SC-62 Portable Container

8/23/2020 8:38:27 PM,kOS-IRWrapper,Attempting to Grab IR Types...

[FlightIntegrator]: Reloaded drag cube for zeroed cube root part KIS.Container1 on vessel SC-62 Portable Container

Part [Part:KIS.Container1 (id=F646447281)] is in state IDLE

Packing SC-62 Portable Container for orbit

ObT : NaN
M : NaN
E : NaN
V : NaN
Radius: NaN
vel: [NaN, NaN, NaN]
AN: [-2.70480345343493E-08, 1.68703901404221E-08, 0]
period: Infinity

[OrbitDriver Warning!]: SC-62 Portable Container had a NaN Orbit and was removed.

SC-62 Portable Container Unloaded

[OrbitDriver]: On-Rails SOI Transition from Kerbin to Sun.
 Transition UT Range: 65463190.577 - 65463190.597.
 Transition UT: 65463190.597. Iterations: 24.

Edited by darthgently

On 8/16/2020 at 8:55 PM, Tonka Crash said:

I'm on 1.10.1 also and if you recall I had grab issues also, and now the SC 62 flight mode mess.  How'm I going to save Bill? Y'all need to take this seriously.  He is my most experienced engineer dangit. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.