[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

Hello, I don't know if this issue was already discussed but I didn't find it.

When trying to construct a satellite part by part with KIS the game doesn't count it as "unmmaned probe that can generate power and has antenna" for contracts, even if it is and works as intended. I did some testings. I launched a vessel with parts in store and a prebuilt HECS core with an antenna and a solar panel. When i decouple it, it counts as "unmanned probe", BUT if i attach anything to it before decoupling, then it doesn't count anymore. I can attach things AFTER decoupling though and it will work.

Any idea why is this happening? Thanks

On 9/2/2019 at 8:00 AM, Fierce Wolf said:

Hello, I don't know if this issue was already discussed but I didn't find it.

When trying to construct a satellite part by part with KIS the game doesn't count it as "unmmaned probe that can generate power and has antenna" for contracts, even if it is and works as intended. I did some testings. I launched a vessel with parts in store and a prebuilt HECS core with an antenna and a solar panel. When i decouple it, it counts as "unmanned probe", BUT if i attach anything to it before decoupling, then it doesn't count anymore. I can attach things AFTER decoupling though and it will work.

Any idea why is this happening? Thanks

Well, the contracts system is a rather complicated thing. To not refresh whole university on each frame they had to implement a lot of optimizations in the game. As a result, sometimes KIS interferes with it. E.g. a known behavior is failing a contract when placing contract part into inventory. I can only speculate what could go wrong in your case. May be they start tracking all matching vessels that are launched after the contract start? This would be a good optimization (no need to scan all the vessels in the game), but it would disallow completion of the contract by constructing a vessel EVA. When a vessel is separated, the separated "half" gets a "vessel type", basing on the parts list in it. I may guess, that by adding more parts in flight you make the related code to come to a wrong conclusion.

In general, it's better to avoid using KIS for completing contracts.

Edited by IgorZ

Hi, for some reason, when I attempt to equip my engineer with a wrench, nothing happens.  I am using KSP version 1.7.3 and I also have KAS.  The little green number in the window is [1] but when i type it, nothing happens.  I tried right-clicking the part and clicking "equip" but nothing happens ether.  My wrench is in the kerbal's backpack but it doesn't equip.  Also, nothing larger than a wrench fits in my backpack.  Not even an electric screwdriver.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

1 hour ago, Dave Kerman said:

Hi, for some reason, when I attempt to equip my engineer with a wrench, nothing happens.  I am using KSP version 1.7.3 and I also have KAS.  The little green number in the window is [1] but when i type it, nothing happens.  I tried right-clicking the part and clicking "equip" but nothing happens ether.  My wrench is in the kerbal's backpack but it doesn't equip.  Also, nothing larger than a wrench fits in my backpack.  Not even an electric screwdriver.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Please, read this Wiki.

Ok simple version the one inventory slot you see on your Kerbal when you first click them?

Thats stock KSPs inventory.

It’s for Stock game items.

not KIS inventory.

you need to click the  inventory button. That opens up more inventory slots. Put your tools and parts there in that group of slots.

don’t confuse them.

18 minutes ago, chazbanx said:

this doesnt help either.

I assume you really read it, but simply forgot what was said in the very first paragraph of that page.

If none of the described issues apply to your situation, then grab the game's log file and make a posting on the KIS forum giving as much details as you can. Please, don't post just a short message like "KIS doesn't work" - nobody will be able to help you.

I figured it out... the screwdrivers were going into a different building KIS storage when I had them entering a building that didn't have built in storage, but was connected to another that did have storage. This is using Kerbalism buildings. So nothing disappeared, was just put in a place I didn't look for a long time.

EDIT: USI MKS not Kerbalism

Edited by Atlas Gaming

4 hours ago, chazbanx said:

I installed everything when i try to place something from the box to any type of inventory it wont allow it. It says the limit is like 1 L. 

Could you, please, share the logs? Wiki explains how to do it.

Hi,

Where is the stock game EVA animation located in the game files?  I have a hunch that the command to equip a part is getting screwed up by all the new animation in 1.7 (e.g. checking watch, lifting pants, hopping, etc.)  So I would like to try replacing the EVA animation with a copy from an older version of KSP. 

P.S.  For security reasons, i would rather not post my log.

10 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Why not? The KSP.log doesn’t show any information about your system apart from the OS, IIRC. You’ll be fine.

It also shows the install path. Shouldn't be an issue unless your user name is like your social security number or something like that. But you can easily obfuscate that sort of stuff with a simple search/replace.

9 hours ago, John341 said:

Hi to all,

I am using KIs in 4k res. the inentory gui  is too small.Is there a way to resize it?

Not in this version. There was a code change pending to support UI scale, but that effort was abandoned in favor of KISv2. The next major version will work fine with UI scale.

Edited by IgorZ

18 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Not in this version. There was a code change pending to support UI scale, but that effort was abandoned in favor of KISv2. The next major version will work fine with UI scale.

Thank you very much IgorZ.

Edited by John341

I was able to get the wrench in the kerbals inventory, but now there is an error saying the path for righthand something is missing.

On 9/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, 5thHorseman said:

It also shows the install path. Shouldn't be an issue unless your user name is like your social security number or something like that. But you can easily obfuscate that sort of stuff with a simple search/replace.

I dont know the location of my log

7 hours ago, Bob Jub said:

Hello, I had an electric screwdriver equipped on my engineer on the Mun and it disappeared when I re-loaded the save. Where in the persistent sfs file can I edit it back?

In the KIS settings file enable debug mode, then in flight you'll be able to spawn any part from the inventory. This is more safer way to restore lost stuff.

itemDebug = true

31 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

In the KIS settings file enable debug mode, then in flight you'll be able to spawn any part from the inventory. This is more safer way to restore lost stuff.

itemDebug = true

Thank you, I will enable this debug feature, return the drill, and then try reloading after disabling it again. I will report back with an edit to this post.

EDIT- Alright that worked, thank you!

Edited by Bob Jub

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.