[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

4 hours ago, IgorZ said:

It's a very old version. Was fixed in scope of https://github.com/ihsoft/KIS/issues/374. Use version: "1.27 (December 23rd, 2020)"

Yes, only affecting play in 1.8-1.9 (which I believe the version you suggest is incompatible with; unless I made some kind of mistake I found the commit that fixed that issue and tried the corresponding release). That is why my post was just an FYI for anyone else in the same situation.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, jebycheek said:

Hello!i want to eliminates distant and weight limitation,can you help me out? these two features has become the greatest obstacle towards me enjoying KSP now. 

There is a settings text file somewhere in GameData/KIS subdirectories that you can edit.   You will recognize the lines to edit when you see them from what I recall

19 hours ago, kskusy said:

I am unable to open the inventory of any container objects, and i have both KAS and KIS installed. Im confident that its something i did wrong with the installation process but im not so sure. Can someone help me?

What version of KSP, KIS, and KAS? Do you have USI installed? What happens when you try?

Edited by damerell

19 hours ago, kskusy said:

I am unable to open the inventory of any container objects, and i have both KAS and KIS installed. Im confident that its something i did wrong with the installation process but im not so sure. Can someone help me?

1. Have you installed KIS/KAS manually or via CKAN? One common mistake people do is installing sources archive from GitHub instead of the release package.
  2. Verify that you have ModuleManager installed. It's required.
  3. Go through https://github.com/ihsoft/KIS/wiki/Troubleshooting, it covers many common problems.
  4. Keep in mind that stock inventories and KIS inventories are completely independent things. If you put a part into stock inventory, you won't find it in the KIS inventory, And vise versa.
    • Note, that there is KISv2 "alpha" version. There, the stock and the KIS inventories work together.
  5. If nothing from the above helped, please share a log.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am facing an issue with KIS. Whenever I try to drag an item or a part into the KIS inventory I get an error reading "Use stock game abilities to handle this part". This did not happen previously and I still have containers with items, such as screwdrivers or other parts, that I can take out of the container but not replace as I am faced with the error message. Thanks for the help. I am running KSP version 1.8.1 with CKAN.

EDIT: Fixed, found the solution due to incompatabilities with USI Kolonisation. Took me a bloody long time though :valsob:

Edited by podj

1 hour ago, podj said:

EDIT: Fixed, found the solution due to incompatabilities with USI Kolonisation. Took me a bloody long time though :valsob:

It might have been easier to scroll up; at the top of this page is the close of my discussion of the same issue, with the remedy posted on page 94.

19 hours ago, damerell said:

It might have been easier to scroll up; at the top of this page is the close of my discussion of the same issue, with the remedy posted on page 94.

That's how I found the solution haha, I googled for ages and couldn't find anything as this page didn't appear in the google search unfortunately. Thank you though!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, how do i move an item, like the wrench or any other equippable item to KIS inventory from the stock inventory? The grab hotkey doesnt work for it, nor just trying to drag it from the stock inventory of a kerbal or a container... if i pick it up the normal way from stock inventory, i cant place it in KIS. Pullin my hair out over this -_-

Generally I try to avoid mixing KIS items and inventory with stock.  I've never been able to get the mixing working reliably but I don't try it much and that was a few updates back 

However, I remember being informed that if you set the item down, then you can pick it up with the other system.  I usually work in orbit and have found "setting things down" to be a fuzzy concept in orbit.  So I'll attach it somewhere using the system I picked it up with instead, then grab it with the other system. 

I always exit stock construction before using KIS grabbing/attaching as both systems seem to jealously guard their input event territory

Edited by darthgently

9 minutes ago, darthgently said:

Generally I try to avoid mixing KIS items and inventory with stock.  I've never been able to get the mixing working reliably but I don't try it much and that was a few updates back 

However, I remember being informed that if you set the item down, then you can pick it up with the other system.  I usually work in orbit and have found "setting things down" to be a fuzzy concept in orbit.  So I'll attach it somewhere using the system I picked it up with instead, then grab it with the other system. 

I always exit stock construction before using KIS grabbing/attaching as both systems seem to jealously guard their input event territory

Unfortunately, it will not work with a wrench cause it cannot be placed on the ground, apparently.

1 hour ago, starfall22 said:

Unfortunately, it will not work with a wrench cause it cannot be placed on the ground, apparently.

Try "h" instead of "x" key to set something down instead of attaching.  Isn't the wrench just for node attachments and the drill works for both surface and nodes? I might have that mixed up

4 hours ago, darthgently said:

Try "h" instead of "x" key to set something down instead of attaching.  Isn't the wrench just for node attachments and the drill works for both surface and nodes? I might have that mixed up

I usually use H to attach/detach things... G is for grabbing things, H is to attach and detach. You dont even need to use x, since that uses the tool held in right hand, which is the same as H if you have a wrench or a powerdrill.

18 hours ago, starfall22 said:

I usually use H to attach/detach things... G is for grabbing things, H is to attach and detach. You dont even need to use x, since that uses the tool held in right hand, which is the same as H if you have a wrench or a powerdrill.

I had found a difference between x and h.  The sound has been quicker with h and is doesn't stay attached often.  With x, the sound was slower and the part didn't float away.  Maybe it was an old glitch, but it happened this way so reliably I have just used x since. 

If it has been fixed, or I was doing something wrong, I don't know

So i ran into this issue with the pylons. Apparently they are supposed to attach to the ground, kind of like stamp-o-tron, except they have power in them too. Now the thing is, that it attaches to the ground all nice and tight but when i load the game or such, its no longer attached. So i always get this nice mini heart attack when i see my structures (that are supposed to be firmly fixed to the ground) fall to the ground. Now generally i woulnt care much but with KSP, you can never be certain that the next time i load in, the damn thing wont explode because of this. Any recommendations?

On 1/28/2023 at 8:36 PM, starfall22 said:

So i ran into this issue with the pylons. Apparently they are supposed to attach to the ground, kind of like stamp-o-tron, except they have power in them too. Now the thing is, that it attaches to the ground all nice and tight but when i load the game or such, its no longer attached. So i always get this nice mini heart attack when i see my structures (that are supposed to be firmly fixed to the ground) fall to the ground. Now generally i woulnt care much but with KSP, you can never be certain that the next time i load in, the damn thing wont explode because of this. Any recommendations?

It used to work well... like couple of years ago. Since than many things changed in the game mechanics. The rule of thumb, do not use the attach feature on those parts. It had issues perviously (the Kraken), and it may not work at all today. If you absolutely need to attach something rigidly to the ground, use the stock ground parts (not sure wich mod it is) and attach KAS pylons to it. But honestly, if I were you, I'd avoid to use anything attached to the ground at the all means possible (and that's why in the new KAS there is an RTS part with no rigid connection). You never know how it can hit you, but it will hit you one day. It was happening to me pretty constantly.

8 hours ago, bQuest said:

Should I use KIS or the stock inventory? Using both feels wrong and seems to be incredibly buggy.

I guess it depends on which mechanic you prefer.  I've successfully used both for different things, such as the stock construction/repair contracts that seem simpler in stock inventory.  I've not noticed bugs using both but you can't simply transfer items from one inventory to the other.  You generally have to attach/drop to ground from one, and then detach/pickup with the other before placing in the new inventory.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:50 AM, bQuest said:

Should I use KIS or the stock inventory? Using both feels wrong and seems to be incredibly buggy.

If you are in the rpocess of choosing, I'd ercommend you trying KISv21 Alpha. It's integrating with the stock invwntory. I hope to go into beta in February.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but I am not able to place any items into the KSI inventory. I'm new at this so I'm really sorry if this has been resolved multiple times I've looked but not found a solution.  I'm using KSP 1.12.2 
and I do have other mods including KAS. I installed all mods with CKAN. I've reinstalled the mod but to no avail. I appreciate any help. Please explain as if I was a 5 year old.

you guys I just don't know how to read... It's drag and drop not click and drop

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.