Jump to content

[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29


IgorZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Khatharr said:

Thank you, but I have no clue what to do with that.

1) open note pad

2) paste supplied code

3) save - then rename the file extension from .txt to .cfg

4) place anywhere in your ksp Gamedata folder

5) Profit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm having trouble with changing the settings file. When I change grabMaxMass and maxDistance to 10 each nothing happens in game. I still have to get right next to the part I'm trying to move, and I still get an error message that 7.3t > 1t when I hold g over the part I'm trying to move.

The settings file I'm changing is at Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS.

ksp 1.2.2 kis 1.4.4

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, finkellll said:

I'm having trouble with changing the settings file. When I change grabMaxMass and maxDistance to 10 each nothing happens in game. I still have to get right next to the part I'm trying to move, and I still get an error message that 7.3t > 1t when I hold g over the part I'm trying to move.

The settings file I'm changing is at Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS.

ksp 1.2.2 kis 1.4.4

 

You should be able to just change the values but it's possible there's a mod patch somewhere that's also setting them to it's choice of values overwriting your changes.

Instead I add my own patch  like:

@KISConfig:FINAL
{
	@EvaPickup
	{
		@maxDistance = 10
		@grabMaxMass = 3
	}
}

(just copy this into a text file and save it in GameData (or a sub-folder) with a .cfg file extension)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

You should be able to just change the values but it's possible there's a mod patch somewhere that's also setting them to it's choice of values overwriting your changes.

Instead I add my own patch  like:

@KISConfig:FINAL
{
	@EvaPickup
	{
		@maxDistance = 10
		@grabMaxMass = 3
	}
}

(just copy this into a text file and save it in GameData (or a sub-folder) with a .cfg file extension)

I'll give it a shot after work. Thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, finkellll said:

I'm having trouble with changing the settings file. When I change grabMaxMass and maxDistance to 10 each nothing happens in game. I still have to get right next to the part I'm trying to move, and I still get an error message that 7.3t > 1t when I hold g over the part I'm trying to move.

The settings file I'm changing is at Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS.

ksp 1.2.2 kis 1.4.4

Did you restart the game after changing the values? They won't take effect if the game is running. Also, verify if the settings file syntax is not broken after your changes. In case of the file is broken it won't be loaded, and the default values will be used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, zackattack0517 said:

I am having a problem with KIS. I can only carry one liter with my kerbal. I am on the newest version. Please help if you know what is wrong.

Thanks,

Zack

You've provided very little details, but I'd suggest your case is this one. If not, then try reading thru the whole doc on the link.

All. Since the same issues are getting brought up over and over again, I've created a short troubleshooting Wiki for KIS. There is one topic in there which may help many other mods as well: how to get the log file shared.

Feel free to throw your ideas into the Wiki (either here as a post or via a pull request on GitHub).

Edited by IgorZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@SaelbenNoa

What are you trying to accomplish?

If you right-click on a Kerbal you can "Open Inventory".
Here you will find all items that you (while building the vessel) put into the capsule seat where the Kerbal was placed in before launching the craft.
You can also open KIS containers placed on the outside of a vessel and other Kerbals' backpacks in the same way.
The items can be moved around between inventories by click-hold-left and dropping them where you want them to go.

With KAS and its tools (just use the electric drill, it seems to work for everything) you can also remove parts from a vessel
Some parts are to big/heavy to go into the inventory and will be placed on the Kerbal's back. You can then walk/EVA to where you wish to attach them.
Most big parts will be to heavy for even that and just be seperated from the vessel, dropping to the ground/floating away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SaelbenNoa said:

Hello,

After an hour spent googling and trying, it seems I cannot put items on my back

I'm starting to wonder, is that still a feature of KIS/KAS?

Thank you

Only few parts can be carried on the kerbal's back: "SC-62 Container" and "Experiment Storage Unit". To put them on the back just drag them into the inventory.

Edited by IgorZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KerbMav said:

@SaelbenNoa

What are you trying to accomplish?

If you right-click on a Kerbal you can "Open Inventory".
Here you will find all items that you (while building the vessel) put into the capsule seat where the Kerbal was placed in before launching the craft.
You can also open KIS containers placed on the outside of a vessel and other Kerbals' backpacks in the same way.
The items can be moved around between inventories by click-hold-left and dropping them where you want them to go.

With KAS and its tools (just use the electric drill, it seems to work for everything) you can also remove parts from a vessel
Some parts are to big/heavy to go into the inventory and will be placed on the Kerbal's back. You can then walk/EVA to where you wish to attach them.
Most big parts will be to heavy for even that and just be seperated from the vessel, dropping to the ground/floating away.

Well, regarding the walking with too big/heavy parts, how do I place the parts on a kerbals back,as in any parts, basically, a parachute and similar, I remember (though that might've been even back in 0.25ish, having Kerbals with parachutes on back and similar, but I can't figure out how to achieve that now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SaelbenNoa said:

how do I place the parts on a kerbals back

I think you don't, it just happens when appropriate.

Hold H and click to remove a part, hold G and move part into your Kerbal's inventory - if the part is to large for the backpack it will be carried on the back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SaelbenNoa said:

But how would I put e.g. a parachute on a kerbal's back?

Try putting it "on his seat" in the VAB, or put it on the vessel and let him remove it and then move it into his inventory - but I don't know if it is heavy enough to not go into his pockets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SaelbenNoa said:

But how would I put e.g. a parachute on a kerbal's back?

You need a special version of parachute. It's impossible to use the stock one for this purpose. Try searching thru this thread, I recall this topic was discussed and there were some links.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KSPNoob said:

Is it possible to land a base with the CB1 Ground Base as the feet/landing and attach it to the planet?  Cant figure it out if its possible, so any help?

Not, it's not possible. The way how KIS works assumes that you always "hold" a part being attached. In your case "the part" should be the whole vessel with the leg as a root. Btw, attaching bases to the ground is a bad practice: one day you'll see Krakken awaken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

The way how KIS works assumes that you always "hold" a part being attached. In your case "the part" should be the whole vessel with the leg as a root. Btw, attaching bases to the ground is a bad practice: one day you'll see Krakken awaken.

Forgive me for being a bit dense, so what is the CB1 best used for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Forgive me for being a bit dense, so what is the CB1 best used for?

It's primarily used as a foundation when building structures on the surface. One other usage (discouraged, though) is using it as an anchor for a KAS connector pipe. It can be a solution when you need to adhere a vessel to an asteroid.

Edited by IgorZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

It's primarily used as a foundation when building structures on the surface. One other usage (discouraged, though) is using it as an anchor for a KAS connector pipe. It can be a solution when you need to adhere a vessel to an asteroid.

Thanks.  I'm asking because I have not yet had a chance (or figure out an opportunity) to use it.  If it's a foundation on a surface, I'm deducing that you don't "attach" it to the planet/moon, just place it.  And, iIf so, is it subject to the annoying slide we sometimes get on surfaces where structures slowly move?  What, then, do you attach to it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Thanks.  I'm asking because I have not yet had a chance (or figure out an opportunity) to use it.  If it's a foundation on a surface, I'm deducing that you don't "attach" it to the planet/moon, just place it.  And, iIf so, is it subject to the annoying slide we sometimes get on surfaces where structures slowly move?  What, then, do you attach to it?

The foundation still needs to be attached to the surface. Good news is, it can be done without using tools (just hold "H" when dropping the part). If you don't attach CB to the surface, it will behave as a usual part dropped on the surface.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, IgorZ said:

 Btw, attaching bases to the ground is a bad practice: one day you'll see Krakken awaken.

@IgorZ I'd really appreciate if you could explain why or in which way fixing a base to the ground cause trouble. I guess with KIS and KAS you're surely an expert in this area. The background of my question is, that as soon as i put a drill (like MKS Industrial Strip Miner) to a base or mining station, the will lift up an start moving around from the vibrations. So my idea was, like in RL, to get a firm foundation on the surface would do the trick. But now I wonder if that might make it worse, as you mentioned the almighty krakken. :) 

Cheers

SchrottBot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...