Jump to content

[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29


IgorZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

@IgorZ I ran into a bug with the KIS EVA Bottles. I stuck a couple on the exterior of a craft and can't manipulate them on EVA. 

The picture is what happens when I just hover over it with 'x' before I left click. Left clicking with 'x' does nothing. If I hold 'g' I get the same message on the screen when I hover over it, but also get an error thrown in the Log:  [ERR 14:03:46.996] Unknown item being detached: [Part:KIS.evapropellant (id=F2745812189)#Module:0] Left clicking with 'g' also does nothing, but doesn't throw any additional errors. The error is thrown only when you focus on the item while holding 'x' or 'g'. There are no other KIS errors anywhere in my KSP.log or any other errors around the time I try clicking on these. 

zGU1uH3.png

Item 2745812189 (no 'F') corresponds to an EVA bottle in the persistence.sfs file with the following PART entry

Spoiler
PART
			{
				name = KIS.evapropellant
				cid = 4293102066
				uid = 2745812189
				mid = 1108659264
				persistentId = 1148631948
				launchID = 136
				parent = 164
				position = -7.1807570457458496,5.2157320976257324,6.2892651557922363
				rotation = 0.653924644,0.274500787,-0.652562618,0.266822249
				mirror = 1,1,1
				symMethod = Mirror
				istg = -1
				resPri = 0
				dstg = 0
				sqor = -1
				sepI = 1
				sidx = -1
				attm = 1
				sym = 187
				srfN = srfAttach, 164
				mass = 0.00999999978
				shielded = False
				temp = 205.73197842116227
				tempExt = 206.43246779635311
				tempExtUnexp = 306.20725524806124
				staticPressureAtm = 0
				expt = 0.5
				state = 0
				PreFailState = 0
				attached = True
				autostrutMode = Off
				rigidAttachment = False
				flag = ZZZ_Personal_Patches/Flags/Banzai_Institute
				rTrf = KIS.evapropellant
				modCost = 0
				EVENTS
				{
				}
				ACTIONS
				{
				}
				PARTDATA
				{
				}
				MODULE
				{
					name = ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant
					isEnabled = True
					staticAttached = False
					stagingEnabled = True
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
					}
					UPGRADESAPPLIED
					{
					}
				}
				MODULE
				{
					name = ModuleB9PropagateCopyEvents
					isEnabled = False
					stagingEnabled = True
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
					}
					UPGRADESAPPLIED
					{
					}
				}
				RESOURCE
				{
					name = EVA Propellant
					amount = 10
					maxAmount = 10
					flowState = True
					isTweakable = False
					hideFlow = False
					isVisible = True
					flowMode = Both
				}
			}
}

 


 

Edit to add: I'd consider this a lower priority than getting the next release of KAS wrapped up. ;)

Edited by Tonka Crash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@IgorZ I ran into a bug with the KIS EVA Bottles. I stuck a couple on the exterior of a craft and can't manipulate them on EVA. 

I've seen some of such issues during my unrelated tests too. It's good you've provided a clear case for it. I've created a bug. Will take a look at it once KAS is finally released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Tranquil said:

Hi Igor, thank you for your help. Do you know at which part of the CFG I need to insert the alias position? 

You may want to read this Wiki.

On 4/11/2019 at 10:15 AM, Danny ShadowFox said:

Can you help me make another book like the (guide item)

Could you please be more specific?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, IgorZ said:

You may want to read this Wiki.

Could you please be more specific?

Thank you for the answer. In the meantime i found the right place in the CFG file, still working on the correct position and alignment of the objects, but now I'd have another question. KIS provides one big cubic container for surface mounting. Do you know if there is somewhere a smaler one around plz? Adding one of the inline container makes my ships look too elongated, so I would like to have a more streamlike one for surface mount, which doesn't extend that far out. And I found another problem, as soon as I open the inventory of a Kerbal during EVA, two different inventory windows open for them.

Edited by Tranquil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if it was mentioned here before already but does the eva canister supposed to be infinite?
because it says on it that it has 10 eva-propellant but if I do the "refuel" action it does not decrease the amount..
I can get a kerbal to orbit with this no problem on mun or minmus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, alien_wind said:

I'm not sure if it was mentioned here before already but does the eva canister supposed to be infinite?
because it says on it that it has 10 eva-propellant but if I do the "refuel" action it does not decrease the amount..
I can get a kerbal to orbit with this no problem on mun or minmus

I can't address whether the propellant goes down or not but your evidence doesn't prove it.  The jetpack contains a ridiculous amount of fuel in stock.

You can get to orbit on Minmus with your jetpack alone, no need to refuel.  One refueling (and note that a canister is supposed to provide enough for two) will get you to orbit on the Mun.  (Note that the Basic Orbit mod will make it much easier to do this, it lets you see your orbital parameters in the close-up view.)  In versions past I have done orbit-Minmus-orbit with one fuel tank and orbit-Mun-orbit with two.  Admittedly, I'm not good enough to accomplish the landings without a reload or two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loren Pechtel said:

I can't address whether the propellant goes down or not but your evidence doesn't prove it.  The jetpack contains a ridiculous amount of fuel in stock.

You can get to orbit on Minmus with your jetpack alone, no need to refuel.  One refueling (and note that a canister is supposed to provide enough for two) will get you to orbit on the Mun.  (Note that the Basic Orbit mod will make it much easier to do this, it lets you see your orbital parameters in the close-up view.)  In versions past I have done orbit-Minmus-orbit with one fuel tank and orbit-Mun-orbit with two.  Admittedly, I'm not good enough to accomplish the landings without a reload or two.

the "going to orbit" part was anecdotal.
but I can empty as many times as I want the kerbal's eva propellant and refuel and the jetpack stays full
I guess it's a bug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Tranquil said:

KIS provides one big cubic container for surface mounting. Do you know if there is somewhere a smaler one around plz

All KIS containers are shown in the editor in category "Containers". If you don't see what you need there, then it doesn't exist. As I mentioned earlier, I'm open to add more containers, but I need models for them. If, by a chance, you're familiar with 3D modelling, you may send your model and I'll create config for it.

17 hours ago, Tranquil said:

And I found another problem, as soon as I open the inventory of a Kerbal during EVA, two different inventory windows open for them.

Sounds awkward. Could you please provide a screenshot? Or better a short video.

15 hours ago, alien_wind said:

I'm not sure if it was mentioned here before already but does the eva canister supposed to be infinite?

Not, it's not supposed to be infinite. I've created a bug. Thanks for the report!

Edited by IgorZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DomiKamu said:

Is KIS v1.18 fully compatible against recent KSP 1.7?

I never did a full testing for the versions compatibility, but as far as I can tell they are compatible. If they are not, well, wait for the the next release :) 

2 minutes ago, DomiKamu said:

Or do you plan an update designed for KSP 1.7? (in this case, I'll wait).

As long as my "last logged at" date on this forum is less than a month, you can be 100% sure there will be a new version. Virtually right now I'm working to make another release.

4 minutes ago, DomiKamu said:

Thanks in advance, and big thanks about your KIS/KAS mods!

Thanks! The fans of my mods is the reason why I'm still here. I can't remember when I last time flew to Mun in KSP :(  And I can remember very well when I last time fixed something in the mods. It was today! Less than an hour ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2019 at 11:12 AM, Svm420 said:

Tested and confirmed on latest KIS release on 1.6.1

Hey @IgorZ

Wasn't sure if you saw my post about that the bug I found. You never responded after I retested. I don't want it to be forgotten, Thanks!

Edited by Svm420
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

Hey @IgorZ

Wasn't sure if you saw my post about that the bug I found. You never responded after I retested. I don't want it to be forgotten, Thanks!

By a chance, is your issue the same as in the bug?

Edited by IgorZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

By a chance, is your issue the same as in the bug?

I don't believe so. Mine is that kerbal on EVA are heavier than should be. If the variable kerbalmass, found in physics setting, is anything but 0.0 then kerbal on Eva have that added to. 9375 from this mod.

Stock install with just KIS

Set kerbalmass to any non zero value.

eva a kerbal

open inventory and see mass is. 9375 plus whatever kerbalmass is.

 

I think mass should be. 9375 unless kerbalmass is set. I think that variable should have priority since it's a stock value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, alien_wind said:

wow great work and response,do you want me to get on github with the technical details or did the bug replicated by you also?

I've replicated it with no problem. No need to do anything extra from your side :)  It's not feasible for me to do a full regression testing of all the mods I support, so most of the times it's enough to simply point me at the specific case to reproduce the issue. And you've just did it!

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

I don't believe so. Mine is that kerbal on EVA are heavier than should be. If the variable kerbalmass, found in physics setting, is anything but 0.0 then kerbal on Eva have that added to. 9375 from this mod.

Let's clarify the terms. What do you mean by "kerbalmass" and where do you change it? There is a KIS setting named "kerbalDefaultMass" (settings.cfg), but it's never zero, and nobody change it without a good justification. Exactly how and why do you change the aforementioned "kerbalmass variable"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Exactly how and why do you change the aforementioned "kerbalmass variable"?

It's a stock variable in physics.cfg. I have mine set with a MM patch:

@PHYSICSGLOBALS
{
  @kerbalCrewMass = 0.03125
}

I got my mass from

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im using KSP 1.7 and KIS and even though in the load screen it says KIS isn't supported in KSP1.7, when im in the game all the parts and the inventory screen are there but when I go out on kerbin to get familiar with the controls, I can move the pieces around but when I right click on the wrench and select equip, it doesn't go to his hand. My engineer is lvl0, is that the problem, because im lost... 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

I tried on KSP 1.6.1 and still doesn't let me equip items, plus it says the screwdriver weighs to much for the kerbal to hold!

Edited by Frenchy19951
Tried on KKSP 1.6.1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Frenchy19951 said:

Im using KSP 1.7 and KIS and even though in the load screen it says KIS isn't supported in KSP1.7, when im in the game all the parts and the inventory screen are there but when I go out on kerbin to get familiar with the controls, I can move the pieces around but when I right click on the wrench and select equip, it doesn't go to his hand. My engineer is lvl0, is that the problem, because im lost... 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

I tried on KSP 1.6.1 and still doesn't let me equip items, plus it says the screwdriver weighs to much for the kerbal to hold!

We're going to need more information to help you, I'm playing on KSP 1.7 with the current version of KIS and KAS, and my kerbals can hold and use the eva tools. I just built a test craft to check.

0a76OGQ.jpg

I've got a level 0 engineer right here holding the wrench, and he just pulled a rovemate rover body off a command pod on the runway. so the mod does work, either you've got

1} A bad install, {pictures of your install directory can help here}

2} An out of date install {Did you manually install, did you install through CKAN? Are you sure you've grabbed the right version?}

2} A mod conflict of some kind which maybe is preventing KIS/KAS from working. {output logs can help here. output log can be found {usually} here: AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\outputlog.

Above all, if we're going to be able to help, we need more information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...