[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

get this

equip an omni tool that is both a wrench and a screwdriver. And i think its the G key to grab the item then the H key to attach it. 

remember the parts have to be setup to allow surface attach i think. 

HERE WE GO AGIN. THIS MERGING REPLIES IS GETTING REALLY OLD> Trying to answer somebody elses question and ask one of my own. Seems the AI overlord is getting stingy with posts. 

Anybody know what setting it is that controls the window size of the seat inventory. 

not the volume of the slot but the size of the display of the slot. 

Edited by COL.R.Neville

On 2/21/2020 at 5:05 PM, EasyAce said:

this seems to be working with 1.9.0

It is? I'm unable to put any of the tools in the containers inventories; its like the window isn't there and any item just ignores it. I thought it was because of 1.9 but maybe it is something else.

okay, never mind.. found my problem.. Drag and drop the items into the window.. can't believe I didn't see that sooner :blush:

Edited by RotorFib
correction

This doesn't seem to work for me anymore on the latest version of KSP. I can move items from one inventory to another (so a ship that I made on an earlier version works fine), but I can't seem to move items into an inventory from within the VAB or SPH editors. Dragging from the sidebar shows the icon and that works fine, but when I drop it over the slot, nothing happens. Tried it on other designs, same thing.

Quick edit: Also tested with crates and pilot seats - nothing. 

EDITx2: It says "Carriable items cannot be stored in seat's inventory," to be more precise. 

EDITx3: Double checked CKAN and found out my version was actually out of date. I've updated KIS and now it works fine. 

Edited by caekdaemon

I seem to be having an issue with 1.8.1 and I'm not sure if it's me being obtuse or some conflict. I have Breaking ground installed.

In the VAB i can add screwdrivers etc to a container's inventory and they show up fine in the VAB itself. I have to drag and drop the item over the container tho, not the inventory window. If i do that, nothing appears in the inventory.

When I reload the same craft in the VAB, the inventory is empty. When I re-add the parts and then head to the pad, the cargo container is once again empty.

Upon landing inventories on the containers are empty as well, obviously. This has happened to multiple craft, very frustrating as I just want a wrench on the Mun!

Is it possible this is a universal storage issue? It appears to be throwing NullReferenceExceptions. I can't decipher the logs well enough to tell.

Side question - is there a way i can just add a screwdriver to one of the container's inventories in my persistent save file in the mean time?

Log:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ciegxb4r7cwxfli/KSP.log?dl=0

Edit: it appears that I can use KIS containers such as the SC-62 portable container with no problem. Things drag from the menu and into their inventory. The stock containers  such as the SEQ-6 Cargo storage unit however, (using stock inventory system I suppose?) do not maintain their inventory and items can only be added by dragging and dropping onto the container itself in the VAB (although the items will disappear as soon as the scene changes). Do I just have to be careful what containers I'm using? Can the stock containers not handle KIS tools such as the screwdriver?

Edited by fraser82

13 hours ago, fraser82 said:

Edit: it appears that I can use KIS containers such as the SC-62 portable container with no problem. Things drag from the menu and into their inventory. The stock containers  such as the SEQ-6 Cargo storage unit however, (using stock inventory system I suppose?) do not maintain their inventory and items can only be added by dragging and dropping onto the container itself in the VAB (although the items will disappear as soon as the scene changes). Do I just have to be careful what containers I'm using? Can the stock containers not handle KIS tools such as the screwdriver?

You must use KIS containers for KIS related things and stock containers for ground experiments. Stock and KIS are incompatible in this.

On 2/21/2020 at 4:52 AM, The Dressian Exploder said:

It's probably been asked before, but is it possible for a kerbal to attach a loose part (i.e on the surface of Minmus)to another craft? And if so how do you do it?

It is entirely possible with KIS.

Land your ship as close to the part as you can. 5 meters or so ideally

Have a wrench or power drill.

Hold g to grab and click the part.

Hold h to attach and click the ship.

13 hours ago, jaunco325 said:

another thing: today I put new wheels on my rover, and when I got on, they did not respond to any order.

Did you try contacting the manufacturer? (kidding). I guess, you attached them via KIS, didn't you? If yes, then we need the details. Nothing can be done without them.

I would like to know what details are necessary.
My rover had 8 wheels (the first ones), in 1 2 1 format. I wanted to replace them with 6 new wheels (the orange ones that are not retractable). I started replacing the end wheels one by one, and when I put the fourth wheel my rover started rolling down the hill without control. After chasing him for 30 km I managed to capture him and I realized that I still couldn't control him.

9 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Except that it works fine.  Maybe you would like to put some effort in explaining your issues so you can get some help.  

Well,when i click right button on containers,nothing happened. Then I try to reinstall KIS,doesnot work either. I think the question is about compatibility

1 hour ago, Hlt said:

Well,when i click right button on containers,nothing happened. Then I try to reinstall KIS,doesnot work either. I think the question is about compatibility

What container? There are stock containers and there are KIS containers. Please elaborate. I think the question is about more information you can provide ;)

2 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Except that it works fine.  Maybe you would like to put some effort in explaining your issues so you can get some help.  

31 minutes ago, maja said:

What container? There are stock containers and there are KIS containers. Please elaborate. I think the question is about more information you can provide ;)

Aha! I install it again from Spacedock. Don't konw why, it works again. Maybe the way to download or install of mine was wrong. Anyway,thank you for caring

1 hour ago, Hlt said:

Aha! I install it again from Spacedock. Don't konw why, it works again. Maybe the way to download or install of mine was wrong. Anyway,thank you for caring

Without details we may only guess what was wrong. A good start for the troubleshooting is providing logs. 70% of all the troubles can be resolved this way. Providing a short video of the problem adds 29% more to the success ratio.

Edited by IgorZ

9 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Without details we may only guess what was wrong. A good start for the troubleshooting is providing logs. 70% of all the troubles can be resolved this way. Providing a short video of the problem adds 29% more.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JGA9SN_WPU0qfHCuB9_nze4LwNHp7Pgv

OK, enjoy it. And I downloaded it from Github at first. By the way, your mods are awesome!

1 minute ago, Hlt said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JGA9SN_WPU0qfHCuB9_nze4LwNHp7Pgv

OK, enjoy it. And I downloaded it from Github at first. By the way, your mods are awesome!

I'm glad to hear you like the mod :)  This is why I'm spending my time to it.

About the log. Does this one relates to your initial "it doesn't work" problem? I don't see any KIS related issues there, but I do see exceptions thrown from the MechJeb:

[EXC 16:29:21.948] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	MuMech.MechJebModuleInfoItems.MaxThrust () (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
	MuMech.MechJebModuleInfoItems.MaxAcceleration () (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
	(wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object.lambda_method(System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object)
	MuMech.ValueInfoItem+<>c__DisplayClass13_1.<.ctor>b__0 () (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
	MuMech.ValueInfoItem.DrawItem () (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
	MuMech.MechJebModuleCustomInfoWindow.WindowGUI (System.Int32 windowID) (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
	MuMech.DisplayModule.ProfiledWindowGUI (System.Int32 windowID) (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 16:29:21.954] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	MuMech.MechJebModuleInfoItems.MaxThrust () (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
	MuMech.MechJebModuleInfoItems.MaxAcceleration () (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
	(wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object.lambda_method(System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object)
	MuMech.ValueInfoItem+<>c__DisplayClass13_1.<.ctor>b__0 () (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
	MuMech.MechJebModuleCustomInfoWindow.WindowGUI (System.Int32 windowID) (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
	MuMech.DisplayModule.ProfiledWindowGUI (System.Int32 windowID) (at <3ddb09b54c5e42379c1671957c9d0f6f>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

In my game installation MechJeb warns about incompatibility, so it's not a surprise to see errors in 1.9.1. It is surprise to hear KIS is affected though. What exactly do you do to have the problem showing up? 

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

I'm glad to hear you like the mod :)  This is why I'm spending my time to it.

About the log. Does this one relates to your initial "it doesn't work" problem? I don't see any KIS related issues there, but I do see exceptions thrown from the MechJeb:

[EXC 16:29:21.948] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 16:29:21.954] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

In my game installation MechJeb warns about incompatibility, so it's not a surprise to see errors in 1.9.1. It is surprise to hear KIS is affected though. What exactly do you do to have the problem showing up? 

Well,I installed MJ at first. Then KSP updated to 1.9,with MJ didn't ,I actually can see the Compatibility Warning on start menu , but it has no effect in game.Then I put the whole file from Github called "KIS-master" in /GameData, the parts can be loaded curretly. but they seemed to be broken. In this https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pxVQCDmLqf26mlchi_zeZmK3hvLXyd3I  you can see I click right button many times, but nothing happened.Out of the building, "G","H",and "TAB"cannot also work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.