[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

8 hours ago, Sebra said:

Would it interfere with KIS? Would it interfere with EVA refueler, placed in the same position on the backpack?

It doesn't interfere in terms of functionality. But the awkward model look is very likely.

8 hours ago, Sebra said:

In my opinion all Kerbonauts should get chute on third level of Complex building. Old round chute. And only experienced and properly levelled Kerbonauts should get modern Paraplanes like they have now.

This is not something KIS or KAS should deal with. IIRC, there was a separate mod which was adding personal chutes to kerbals, that mod is the right place to mangle with the stock chutes.

17 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

This is not something KIS or KAS should deal with. IIRC, there was a separate mod which was adding personal chutes to kerbals, that mod is the right place to mangle with the stock chutes.

That was my opinion only. I used [1.3.1] EVA Parachutes & Ejection Seats (with sound & multiple parachutes)  May be linuxgurugamer would update it somehow. But KIS item parachute is more in scope of this beautiful mod.

EDIT: [1.4] Custom Barn Kit 1.1.17 (March 10th) - Parachute Included  Added " Add EVAChuteOnBuilding  and unlockedEVAChute config in the ASTRONAUTS section to configure the level needed to unlock the Parachutes and if they are linked the the AstronautComplex " . So I'm not the only one, who think so.

Edited by Sebra

6 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

To equip the tool it needs to be in the Kerbal’s inventory. Also, it is a known issue that the new suits do not have the correct inventory amount. Each Kerbal is supposed to have 100L of inventory space. 

I was putting a tool in the inventory but when I right click, it still says no action.

23 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

That’s because the Kerbal’s inventory is too small for the tool. It needs 3.603L of space your Kerbal only has 1. That is due to the issue with the suits added in the expansion. 

So is it because of the suit packs?

10 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

I haz a quick question: Is it intended that inventory items are not added to recovered parts when landed on Kerbin?

Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the items, that you can put into the cabin inventories from the editor?

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the items, that you can put into the cabin inventories from the editor?

yes, when you land a vessel on Kerbin which has inventory items in any KIS container and you recover that vessel then the items that are stored are not recognised by the recovery window (unless it is just  a visual bug or else).

16 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

yes, when you land a vessel on Kerbin which has inventory items in any KIS container and you recover that vessel then the items that are stored are not recognised by the recovery window (unless it is just  a visual bug or else).

Ah, now I get it. I've created an issue entry to investigate it. Honestly, not a big chance for this feature to be implemented. It depends on how the game core logic is working. If the Squad team didn't designed a way to customize it, then it may be just not feasible.

30 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Ah, now I get it. I've created an issue entry to investigate it. Honestly, not a big chance for this feature to be implemented. It depends on how the game core logic is working. If the Squad team didn't designed a way to customize it, then it may be just not feasible.

ty for taking care of that :)

maybe a workaround could help.
what you think of artificially adding the parts after physics have been unloaded (so nothing bad like explosions appear or something) or creating a new vessel that contains all parts combined and is recovered after the first vessel with the inventory containing the KIS parts e.g. a double-recovery-event?

another idea is of course to spawn all parts and recover them manually (that's how I do that atm)

On 3/18/2018 at 11:53 AM, ExplorerKlatt said:

To equip the tool it needs to be in the Kerbal’s inventory. Also, it is a known issue that the new suits do not have the correct inventory amount. Each Kerbal is supposed to have 100L of inventory space. 

good, I was beginning to think I was crazy.

Hey I have a problem with KIS. I installed many mods and if I add KIS, Module Manager gets stuck at Finalizing Stage. I am using version 1.3.1 and followed the steps of the troubleshooting guide.

Log File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dn25kc3bna7t3mr/KSP.log?dl=0

Screenshot of where it's stuck: https://imgur.com/a/MxYgi

Screenshot of my Mods: https://imgur.com/a/zwseb

Edited by JonahWantsToPlay
Forgot about something.

1 hour ago, JonahWantsToPlay said:

Hey I have a problem with KIS. I installed many mods and if I add KIS, Module Manager gets stuck at Finalizing Stage. I am using version 1.3.1 and followed the steps of the troubleshooting guide.

Log File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dn25kc3bna7t3mr/KSP.log?dl=0

Screenshot of where it's stuck: https://imgur.com/a/MxYgi

Screenshot of my Mods: https://imgur.com/a/zwseb

KIS 1.10 is not compatible with KSP 1.3. Please, grab the latest compatible version from Curseforge (the link is in OP).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.