[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

5 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Weird, must have been a temporary issue - works fine for me. Anyway, there's no compiled KIS.dll in the reposirory (but source code etc. you don't need), so of course it can't work.

That's right. I did know nothing about this at first, but the problem is completely solved now.

Hi!

First of all, thank you for making this mod. :)

So, I wonder if it's possible to change the config for the EVA-11 Fuel Canister so that it works with MonoPropellant instead of EVA propellant. I'm playing with Kerbalism and it changes the resource for EVA fuel to this. I changed the config for this part, and so far so good. I contains MonoPropellant but the "Refuel" action does not do anything. Is it possible to implement the same action but for Monoprop? :blush:

12 hours ago, Quirum said:

So, I wonder if it's possible to change the config for the EVA-11 Fuel Canister so that it works with MonoPropellant instead of EVA propellant. I'm playing with Kerbalism and it changes the resource for EVA fuel to this. I changed the config for this part, and so far so good. I contains MonoPropellant but the "Refuel" action does not do anything. Is it possible to implement the same action but for Monoprop? :blush:

I perfectly understand why refill doesn't work - it tries to work with "EVA propellant". It's actually a good idea to use the whatever fuel is actually used. Open question is how to deal with the fuel reserve. I've created a feature request.

Hello @IgorZ,

Is it perhaps an idea to add compatibility with TacLifeSupport and other life support mods for the containers?? this way they can be used as for example the Leonardo Permanent Multipurpose Module now connected to the International Space Station.

If you are interested in this, I made a small config to add TacLS resources to your containers.

Kind Regards,
EngineerMartijn

13 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

I could miss that, but how can I attach CB-1 or a similar ground part to uneven terrain so its orientation would be aligned to the gravity direction, not affected by the terrain bumpiness? Any absolute-local orientation switch?

There's no "switch" to orient to the local gravity vector.  I've also found there very little point to attaching things to the ground.  Physics load tends to break anything loose that was attached to the ground.  

On 3/10/2020 at 12:56 PM, Tonka Crash said:

There's no "switch" to orient to the local gravity vector.  I've also found there very little point to attaching things to the ground.  Physics load tends to break anything loose that was attached to the ground.  

I wish it were something possible, like how the VAB is placed. lol.  Unfortunately I'm quite sure adding a mod that does that is likely impossible at the moment.  Would be nice though.

32 minutes ago, StoneWolfPC said:

I wish it were something possible, like how the VAB is placed. lol.  Unfortunately I'm quite sure adding a mod that does that is likely impossible at the moment.  Would be nice though.

For now you can take to the place a SAS unit+probe core+battery with cubic girder at bottom, command it to orient conveniently, then take a launch clamp from KIS container and attach it. Go to tracking station, then backwards, and your stuff is now frozen in the proper orientation forever. And you have a weird looking floating clamp that generates EC as well. I was looking for a less... less kerbal alternative here. Sad.

how do I edit how much an engineer can move while on EVA,

I tried this and nothing appears to have changed in game, am I doing something wrong?

EvaPickup
    {
        grabKey = g    
        attachKey = h    
        redockKey = y
        allowPartAttach = true //false
        allowStaticAttach = true //false
        allowPartStack = true //false
        maxDistance = 45
        grabMaxMass = 70

So I'm trying to build a space station using some of the NFT hex-truss parts, but the awkwardness of trying to launch it into space with the trusses attached means that I want to send it up in stages - the current module I'm working on, then have a shipment of truss parts shipped in. 

Problem is, NFT's hex trusses have different states to them (ie, you press a button to switch modes when in the editor to allow it to contain fuel, electricity, etc, with a corresponding model change) and I have no idea whatsoever if KIS is okay with that. I've tried to do a model change on the runway as a test, just to see if things might work the way I'd expect, and the attachments all work fine, but I don't have a clue how to set the object to another appearance or anything like that. Taking them from the inventory shows every object state overlain at once, so some really wacky looking models, but placing it down just gets you the default solid ones, with no tanks inside. 

Anyone got any info? I want to get this station part up, but it ain't going to be easy if I can't break it down a little :P

EDIT: Seems I've figured it out. If you drag the part directly from the left bar into the inventory, you'll get the regular, solid version. But if you drag the part to the editor pane, attach it to the ship, set the part type you want (in my case, support) and then drag that to the inventory, you can load the modified version of the parts into the inventory. When you take them out to attach during the flight (or in my case, when testing on the runway) you'll have all the appearances there at once as with the solid one, but when you actually attach it you'll get the one you selected.

Dunno how well this works in the long term, though.

Edited by caekdaemon

I need help!  I'm able to move the EVA items into the storage containers with no problem, but when I try to equip them to my Kerbals, nothing happens.  Am I missing something?  Am I doing something wrong?  HELP!!!

P.S: I'm also using both the Pro Parts Packs for KIS.

1 hour ago, Superfluous J said:

Is there a way, via modulemanager patch preferably, to add screwdrivers to every seat in every pod?

I'd rather have hundreds of them in space than continually forget to bring them along :)

Wrong thread, I know it's confusing. KAS deals with connections between vessels, resource transfers, and the associated parts.  Inventory questions go in the KIS thread

But to answer your question. All the settings are in the GameData\KIS\settings.cfg file.  I use a personal MM patch so I'm not fixing that file every time KIS updates.  The parts are only there if the seat launches occupied.

30 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

Wrong thread, I know it's confusing. KAS deals with connections between vessels, resource transfers, and the associated parts.  Inventory questions go in the KIS thread

Oops! I even know that, but my confusion was about which thread I was in.

Thanks for the code, though!

Edited by Superfluous J

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

When I am using Tweakscale to to reduce a part before leaving this part in a KIS container, the weight is changed but not the volume...

Let' s say I reduce to 50% the Remote guidance unit RC-001S which 100% weight is 100kg and volume 398.9L, when it's reduce by 50%, the weight has change according Tweakscale datas, but the volume stays same....which is wrong

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.