[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

2 hours ago, Sergio22 said:

I did this, but kerbals inventory doesn't open and box doesn't open using kerbals in eva

If it's truly installed correctly, then the problem is beyond my knowledge.  The only way to help at this point would be for you to follow the directions on this page and put the log on a file hosting site and put a link here for us to inspect, and post a picture of your GameData folder so we can see if there are any issues.

19 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

If it's truly installed correctly, then the problem is beyond my knowledge.  The only way to help at this point would be for you to follow the directions on this page and put the log on a file hosting site and put a link here for us to inspect, and post a picture of your GameData folder so we can see if there are any issues.

Thanks,  I'll click on this link  and I'll do anything you say about this problem

10 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Could you, please, provide the "KSP.log" file? It's the only way to troubleshoot the issue.

Ah, sorry, noticed your question. You need to find the folder where the game is installed. In Windows it's usually something like this:

O:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program

The drive letter, of course, can be different. In this folder there is a file named "KSP.log". You may not see it if you use Explorer in a default mode since it doesn't show the files extensions. What you need to do is to go to Explorer's menu "View" and check "File name extensions" checkbox. This will reveal the extensions, and you'll be able to find the file requested.

how do you send a file??On email??

2 minutes ago, Sergio22 said:

how do you send a file??On email??

Use any file sharing hosting. E.g. uploadfiles.io, dropbox.com, Google Drive, etc. Once you've uploaded the file there, share a link here.

Edited by IgorZ

12 hours ago, IgorZ said:

You game misses ModuleManager mod (the required version is at least 2.8.0). KIS won't work without it.

But with module manager and communityCategoryKit kerbals have a limit 1 L instead 300 L, i can't take no items into the inventory of kerbal.

Send you a new error report

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1yfMte6w9MSRnBMU1BMZTM2Zmc/view?usp=sharing

Module manager goes in the GameData folder not the KIS folder

Also it looks like you have KIS installed incorrectly. 

The final result should. Be GameData/KIS/...

the "..." would be the folders such as parts, plugins, patches, etc 

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

1 hour ago, Sergio22 said:

But with module manager and communityCategoryKit kerbals have a limit 1 L instead 300 L, i can't take no items into the inventory of kerbal.

Send you a new error report

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1yfMte6w9MSRnBMU1BMZTM2Zmc/view?usp=sharing

This time it's even worse. You've installed the mods like this:

Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\KAS\Plugins\KAS.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\KAS\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\KIS\Plugins\KSPDev_Utils.0.23.0.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\KIS\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)

But should have:

Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\Plugins\KAS.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\KSPDev_Utils.0.23.0.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)

You cannot place the stuff anywhere you want, it won't work!

Do the following: drop anything from your "GameData" folder except the "Squad" folder. Then, open the KIS release archive and extract it into folder " D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program". Do the same for KAS. After that, ensure that KIS.dll is located exactly in the following path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll.

Btw, I'd suggest you using CKAN. Seriously, you'll save a lot of your time.

Edited by IgorZ

23 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

This time it's even worse. You've installed the mods like this:

Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\KAS\Plugins\KAS.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\KAS\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\KIS\Plugins\KSPDev_Utils.0.23.0.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\KIS\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)

But should have:

Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\Plugins\KAS.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\KSPDev_Utils.0.23.0.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)

You cannot place the stuff anywhere you want, it won't work!

Do the following: drop anything from your "GameData" folder except the "Squad" folder. Then, open the KIS release archive and extract it into folder " D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program". Do the same for KAS. After that, ensure that KIS.dll is located exactly in the following path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll.

Btw, I'd suggest you using CKAN. Seriously, you'll save a lot of your time.

Now all is working, thanks for help

2 hours ago, Sangee said:

is the fun parts pack the only extra parts pack for KIS? or are there more?i know there is one that has guns but i cant seem to find it pls can someone tell me the name of it?

In addition to Pro props, other packs include:

There are probably several more I can't think of at the moment.

Edited by Aelfhe1m
thought of another

1 hour ago, Tex_NL said:

After a long hiatus I reinstalled KIS/KAS.
Question: how do I get rid of the KIS containers in the menu screens apart from uninstalling KIS/KAS?

Add a MM patch (cfg file) like this to your GameData folder:

@KISConfig:AFTER[KIS]
{
	@MainScreenTweaker
	{
		@enabled = false
	}
}

1 hour ago, Tex_NL said:

Thanks @Aelfhe1m for pointing me in the right direction. But instead of yet another MM patch I just edited the KIS settings.cfg.

The reason to use a MM patch is so you never have to worry about the settings files being changed when the mod is updated and having to always re-edit it

1 minute ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Guys I'm a noob, how do you pick items back up and store them and how do you toggle snap when attaching things?

1. Hold G, click and hold item, move into inventory slot, release.

2. We can use snap?! :o

Just now, KerbMav said:

1. Hold G, click and hold item, move into inventory slot, release.

2. We can use snap?! :o

1. Much appreciated.

2. I'm only assuming, because it'd make the process of building anything much easier / less stressful, and I don't have the patience to scan through 22 pages.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.