[Minimum KSP version - 1.12] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.29

IgorZ

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jcwiv65311nf6z/KSP.zip?dl=0

Don't equip item on territory KSC. Right mouse menu Equip is show but nothing to do. Hot key also nothing. 

Equip item AKI-G09 Physical Areodynamics and Gravitation Test in mode Part

Cannot find object for EVA item: bn_l_mid_a01

Version 1.14 is OK

Edited by Dimentia

I had an idea for a part, so I got this idea when playing around with some of the winches in an earlier version of KIS. Basically its an EVA tether. Its just a small winch attached to the outside of a spacecraft that would link to the kerbal's jetpack and would reach a max length of maybe 8 meters or so, but this keep from a kerbal on EVA from floating out into the void of space when on an EVA and the EVA propellant is all used up, or you just want to preform a more realistic EVA without the use of a jetpack, or perhaps from falling off of a ledge when working on a planet's surface. Its just an idea, but I wanted to see what you guys thought of it, thanks!

1 hour ago, UNSCspartan said:

I had an idea for a part, so I got this idea when playing around with some of the winches in an earlier version of KIS. Basically its an EVA tether. Its just a small winch attached to the outside of a spacecraft that would link to the kerbal's jetpack and would reach a max length of maybe 8 meters or so, but this keep from a kerbal on EVA from floating out into the void of space when on an EVA and the EVA propellant is all used up, or you just want to preform a more realistic EVA without the use of a jetpack, or perhaps from falling off of a ledge when working on a planet's surface. Its just an idea, but I wanted to see what you guys thought of it, thanks!

Try KAS. IIRC, it has tether parts. While they may not be specifically designed to be EVA tethers, they should work nicely.

13 hours ago, Dimentia said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jcwiv65311nf6z/KSP.zip?dl=0

Don't equip item on territory KSC. Right mouse menu Equip is show but nothing to do. Hot key also nothing. 

Version 1.14 is OK

The third party equippable items will not work with KIS 1.15 without a fix. Try reaching the author of the AKI-G09 parts and pointing at this Wiki.

5 hours ago, UNSCspartan said:

This idea was floating around for about two years from now :)  I've made couple of prototypes, but none of them worked good - kerbal model starts behaving crazy when attached to a cable. So for now no plans for it.

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

kerbal model starts behaving crazy when attached to a cable

please can u specify "behaving crazy" the tether dosnt collide, so goin tru a kerbal all other work well,so far.

if u could say whats crazy i could test it in near future.also want to let u see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=IxRD3rQdyZ4

sumgai post it in tether tread:https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/176230-tethers-anyone/&page=2

1 hour ago, Burning Kan said:

please can u specify "behaving crazy" the tether dosnt collide, so goin tru a kerbal all other work well,so far.

It cannot be explained in two words. In nutshell, the kerbal model is a hybrid of Unity physics and kinematics. When you attach it via a PhysX joint to a rigid object, the behavior turns to uncontrollable when the tether length is close to the minimum.

2 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

also want to let u see this:

Good thing, but not usable in KSP. And ropes, based on the Unity joints would be a CPU killer.

6 minutes ago, Burning Kan said:

Thank you very much, tbh i havnt test it much but its a long term project - testphase

yes the performance would be a problem- and to be honest tethers dont change the game much,(not so cool as i thought-same with mag. boots)

but your mod s are GAMECHANGING. THANKs

A small spoiler. Instead if making a true tether (which I think is really hard to implement right), I'd rather lean to the more restrictive ladder behavior. Today, a kerbal on ladder tend to deviate out of it with time. Honestly, I think it should have addressed by the Squad team long time ago. And since it haven't as of KSP 1.5, it makes sense to invest some efforts to find a way to rigidly attach a kerbal on the ladder.

8 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

invest some efforts to find a way to rigidly attach a kerbal on the ladder. 

dont see the sens of what it should bring to attach a kerbal to a ladder,wile as u sayed squad fix the ladder gliding glitch in 1.5

in the first tests your tether works fine for situations like this  -will investigate more this weekend

5 hours ago, evorios said:

How to add new attachment nodes in EVA? Not surface attach.

Or maybe edit attachment nodes for the active vessel?

It is important to control the symmetry of the added nodes relative to the active part.

Currently you can’t add new attachment nodes in flight, but you can attach parts to existing nodes in flight by holding down ‘R’ while using the screwdriver.

IgorZ,

Love this mod, however I'm having a new issue. It's a convenience thing, as I'm sure I could manually install it no problem. I can't download KIS through CKAN at the moment. I see the latest KSP is accurate and everything, but I just never get the check box for KIS like I do KAS, and some of my other favorite mods. Hope to see this fixed in case I some how mess up my manual install. >.>

On 10/31/2018 at 10:06 AM, gecko1501 said:

IgorZ,

Love this mod, however I'm having a new issue. It's a convenience thing, as I'm sure I could manually install it no problem. I can't download KIS through CKAN at the moment. I see the latest KSP is accurate and everything, but I just never get the check box for KIS like I do KAS, and some of my other favorite mods. Hope to see this fixed in case I some how mess up my manual install. >.>

Have you set CKAN to see mods for KSP 1.5?

And, manual installs are pretty straightforward for Windows users:  Download the mod, open two Explorer windows (one for the mod just d/l'ed, one for your KSP game) and drag the mod package's GameData folder into your KSP game folder.  You might want to delete the old mod directory first (on the mod author's recommendation) to ensure a clean mod install.  The only caveat I have is that some mods depend on user preference files which can get overwritten (KER is my case where all of my KER window settings need to be saved between major installs).

Edited by Brigadier

7 hours ago, gecko1501 said:

IgorZ,

This is a CKAN issue, not KIS. Try uninstalling KIS via CKAN, then instal it again. If it doesn't help, escalate to the CKAN team.

i cant get any of the fun parts from the fun parts pack to work, none of them are equipable.
i can drink the beer but only from the inventory
and does the ghetto blaster play music? i see in the fun parts pack folder theirs an ogg file that plays an old timey melody, but when i drop the ghetto blaster on the ground, right click it, and press play nothing happens :(

log file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/40e46f849ym5g1i/output_log.txt?dl=0

7 hours ago, putnamto said:

i cant get any of the fun parts from the fun parts pack to work, none of them are equipable.
i can drink the beer but only from the inventory
and does the ghetto blaster play music? i see in the fun parts pack folder theirs an ogg file that plays an old timey melody, but when i drop the ghetto blaster on the ground, right click it, and press play nothing happens :(

Right, I forgot about them when was updating to KIS 1.16. Created a bug.

7 minutes ago, putnamto said:

Im  a  sad  kerbal. I  had  a  mission  to  put  radios  playing  music  in  orbit  of  all  the  planets

If you have a basic knowledge of part configs, you may try reading this Wiki and have it fixed yourself. One day I'll have the fix on my side (as of now a bit busy with the Bezier pipes).

15 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

If you have a basic knowledge of part configs, you may try reading this Wiki and have it fixed yourself. One day I'll have the fix on my side (as of now a bit busy with the Bezier pipes).

*proceeds to destroy ksp install to the point of pc lighting on fire and burning house down*

40 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

*claps like a moron and makes shreiking noises*
Jcgz9z1.png

ok, so im assuming in the part cfg file playing around with equipPos would change where its anchored to the kerbals model, and changing equipDir will change its orientation?

about getting it to play music though?

EDIT: ive experimented a little bit with it, i changed the sndPath in the part cfg to the location of the ghettoblaster1.ogg and it does nothing :(

Edited by putnamto

12 hours ago, jojo5144 said:

hello . sorry for my english . iam french. KIS not work on my ksp 1.5 . iam alone ? in EVA the inventory window dont exist . it work in editor or in vessel but not in EVA . HELP ! lol i dont understand .

You symptoms look very similar to this use case. Please, try reading thru this document and check if your installation is correct. If you believe everything is OK, but the problem is still there, then share a log.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.