Jump to content

[Minimum KSP version - 1.8] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) v1.26


Recommended Posts

Actually, I found a workaround!

It looks like the problem is in the part's "rotation" field.  When I detached and reattached the wheel on my test rover on the runway, its PART block in the save file had the line:

rotation = 0.707152545,3.11443182E-05,-3.5291283E-05,0.707061231

But the other wheels on the same side of the rover, attached in the hangar and untouched by KIS, had:

rotation = -0.707106948,0,0,0.707106948

I copied the rotation line from a good wheel to the bad one, and the collider was correct after loading the edited save.

Those numbers are for a wheel on the left side of the rover.   On the right, the correct value is:

rotation = 0,0.707106948,-0.707106948,0

I copied these numbers to the wheels of my real rover on Minmus, and now it works correctly.  Hopefully this can help anyone else who wants to ship an Akita rover in pieces and assemble it in the field.

(BTW, to tell which wheel should get which rotation line when editing a save: wheels on the left have a negative X-coordinate in their position.  Wheels on the right are positive X.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wyzard said:

I built a rover in the hangar and put it on the runway, where it worked correctly and the collider looked right.  Then I took a wheel off with KIS and dropped it on the ground, and the collider broke just from that.  Anything else after that (reattaching the wheel, or putting it into a KIS container and taking it back out) makes no difference.  Reloading the save doesn't help either.

Could you please repeat the steps and share the logs? When something like this happens there are usually errors in the log. Detaching a part from a live vessel is done by KIS via a stock function. I don't see how it can get broken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Could you please repeat the steps and share the logs? When something like this happens there are usually errors in the log. Detaching a part from a live vessel is done by KIS via a stock function. I don't see how it can get broken.

I created a new sandbox save with all mods removed except KIS (and its bundled dependencies), the USI Akita parts, and Collide-O-Scope.  Then I built the rover in the SPH, put it on the runway, detached a wheel with KIS, reverted, and quit.  Here's the full log, but here's the portion from when I actually detached the wheel on the runway:

[LOG 18:51:52.982] [Part:kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman) (id=F1415230972)#Module:13] Contribute into mass capability: mass=1, distance=3
[LOG 18:51:53.393] Start pickup in mode Move from part: [Part:Akita.Wheel (id=F1900970326)]
[LOG 18:51:53.687] [Part:Akita.Wheel (id=F1900970326)] End part pickup
[LOG 18:51:53.697] [Part:kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman) (id=F1415230972)#Module:13] Contribute into mass capability: mass=1, distance=3
[LOG 18:51:53.698] StartPointer()
[LOG 18:51:53.699] New pointer created
[LOG 18:51:53.699] KIS UI lock acquired
[LOG 18:51:53.704] Set pointer mode to: Drop
[LOG 18:51:53.704] Pointer state set to: visibility=True
[LOG 18:51:54.899] Move part
[LOG 18:51:54.900] Decouple regular part [Part:Akita.Wheel (id=F1900970326)] from regular part [Part:Akita.Bed (id=F3862254510)]
[LOG 18:51:54.901] [PartSet]: Recreating part sets for vessel Test Rover
[LOG 18:51:54.904] [PartSet]: Recreating part sets for vessel [empty name]
[LOG 18:51:54.913] StopPointer()
[LOG 18:51:54.915] Set pointer mode to: Nothing
[LOG 18:51:54.915] KIS UI lock released
[LOG 18:51:54.915] Pointer destroyed
[LOG 18:51:55.307] [F: 361170]: [Akita.Wheel] Collision Enhancer Punch Through - vel: 0.004030568
[LOG 18:51:55.310] Check 0 compound part(s) in vessel: [Vessel:Akita.Cab]
[LOG 18:51:55.310] Check 0 compound part(s) in vessel: [Vessel:Akita.Wheel]

Here's the craft file that I used.  If you want to load it yourself, you'll need the four Akita rover parts from USI Konstruction.  (Just the UmbraSpaceIndustries/Akita folder is enough.)  There's a screwdriver in the KIS crate on the back of the rover.

(Earlier in the log, during vessel roll-out to the runway, there are some warnings about ModuleColliderHelper on all the parts.  That module seems to be something Collide-O-Scope adds to parts for the purpose of displaying the colliders, so despite the warnings, I doubt it's part of the wheel problem.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 7:50 AM, Wyzard said:

Collide-O-Scope shows

I experimented a little and found some Squad wheels show different pink circle in SPH and on runway. And it can shift if moved to another place with screwdriver. :(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi, IgorZ!

I have a problem with KIS refueling. If Kerbal go EVA with no monofuel (EVAFuel Continued installed) and use option to refuel from KIS fuel tank, no fuel refueled. Instead MADLAD give out error massage:

Matched CC_RemoteTech to the whitelist. Suppressing error
Matched KerKonConConExt to the whitelist. Suppressing error
[2020-05-02 22:14:07]: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPDev_Utils.2.1, Version=2.1.7279.39857, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

How can this be fixed? Or should I ask in EVA Fuel thread?

Edited by Sebra
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pikapolar said:

When I Press G to grab something and then click on it, it doesn't get picked up. Is this a glitch or just me being stupid?

I think you have it backwards. Highlight the part then hit G while it's highlighted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 12:44 PM, Sebra said:

Hi, IgorZ!

I have a problem with KIS refueling. If Kerbal go EVA with no monofuel (EVAFuel Continued installed) and use option to refuel from KIS fuel tank, no fuel refueled. Instead MADLAD give out error massage:

Matched CC_RemoteTech to the whitelist. Suppressing error
Matched KerKonConConExt to the whitelist. Suppressing error
[2020-05-02 22:14:07]: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPDev_Utils.2.1, Version=2.1.7279.39857, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

How can this be fixed? Or should I ask in EVA Fuel thread?

It seems you're using the previous version of KIS, and your installation is broken. The newest KIS uses Utils v2.2. Try installing KIS 1.25 and ensure you did it right (read the OP).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IgorZ said:

It seems you're using the previous version of KIS, and your installation is broken. The newest KIS uses Utils v2.2. Try installing KIS 1.25 and ensure you did it right (read the OP).

Already installed KIS 1.25 via CKAN.

KSPDev is only 2.1 in CKAN, will try to install manually.

 

С Днём Победы!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sebra said:

Already installed KIS 1.25 via CKAN.

KSPDev is only 2.1 in CKAN, will try to install manually.

 

С Днём Победы!

KSPDev is not installed separately from the mod. It's inside of it. If you're truly installing KIS v1.25, then there must be Utils v2.2 inside. I know for sure what was packed into the release ZIP :)  There was no Utils v2.1 there. Just to verify, I've removed my KIS and reinstalled it from CKAN (which all my mods are installed from) - it all worked as expected. Sometimes, CKAN doesn't do the stuff right. Try resetting it's cache - it may help. However, I'm not an expert in CKAN troubleshooting. 

Also, consider posting the issues in this topic ;) 

Spoiler

И да, с Днем Победы!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 12:44 PM, Sebra said:

Hi, IgorZ!

I have a problem with KIS refueling. If Kerbal go EVA with no monofuel (EVAFuel Continued installed) and use option to refuel from KIS fuel tank, no fuel refueled. Instead MADLAD give out error massage:

Matched CC_RemoteTech to the whitelist. Suppressing error
Matched KerKonConConExt to the whitelist. Suppressing error
[2020-05-02 22:14:07]: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPDev_Utils.2.1, Version=2.1.7279.39857, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

How can this be fixed? Or should I ask in EVA Fuel thread?

So, this issue confirmed, and it's a mods conflict one. In fact, it's EvaFuel mod failing die to it depends on a library in KIS that had version updated between v1.42 and v1.25. Until the bug is fixed in the EvaFuel mod, the problem can be worked around in one of the two ways:

  1. Recommended. Download KSPDev_Utils.2.1.zip and extract the DLL from it into any location within GameData folder. Good place for it would be GameData/EvaFuel/Plugins.
  2. Downgrade to KIS v1.24.
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Recommended. Download KSPDev_Utils.2.1.zip and extract the DLL from it into any location within GameData folder. Good place for it would be GameData/EvaFuel/Plugins.

Sorry it did not work for me.

[EXC 09:34:52.867] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.RefillEVAPack (KIS.KIS_Item item) (at <260264fece7f4aefbe53a4372aaba441>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <260264fece7f4aefbe53a4372aaba441>:0)
    EvaFuel.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellantProxy.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <1e2aef2f538b4366948b0bf96e10f307>:0)
    KIS.KIS_Item.Use (KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <260264fece7f4aefbe53a4372aaba441>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiContextMenu (System.Int32 windowID) (at <260264fece7f4aefbe53a4372aaba441>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Will try to downgrade KIS.

BTW I tryed to alt-drag-and-drop items between inventory slots in vab in hope it will copy items ad it copy parts. Would you add such functionality?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sebra said:

Sorry it did not work for me.

[EXC 09:34:52.867] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.RefillEVAPack (KIS.KIS_Item item) (at <260264fece7f4aefbe53a4372aaba441>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <260264fece7f4aefbe53a4372aaba441>:0)
    EvaFuel.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellantProxy.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <1e2aef2f538b4366948b0bf96e10f307>:0)
    KIS.KIS_Item.Use (KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <260264fece7f4aefbe53a4372aaba441>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiContextMenu (System.Int32 windowID) (at <260264fece7f4aefbe53a4372aaba441>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Will try to downgrade KIS.

The reason could be this issue (and this one). I don't know which mod changes the EVA fuel type on the canister, but iirc EvaFuel doesn't. I may be wrong since I never used any of these mods.

5 minutes ago, Sebra said:

BTW I tryed to alt-drag-and-drop items between inventory slots in vab in hope it will copy items ad it copy parts. Would you add such functionality?

Not in KIS v1. In KIS v2 this issue doesn't exist due to completely different dialog mechanics.

Edited by IgorZ
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

The reason could be this issue. I don't know which mod changes the EVA fuel type on the canister, but iirc EvaFuel doesn't. I may be wrong since I never used any of these mods.

With EvaFuel removed nothing changes the EVA fuel type on the canister and reloading works.

Next test will be KIS 1.24

With EvaFuel and KIS 1.24 it does not work:

Spoiler

[EXC 10:10:40.806] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.RefillEVAPack (KIS.KIS_Item item) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    EvaFuel.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellantProxy.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <1e2aef2f538b4366948b0bf96e10f307>:0)
    KIS.KIS_Item.Use (KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiContextMenu (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 10:10:43.857] Equip item: partName=EVA-11 Топливный Баллон, mode=Model
[EXC 10:11:06.507] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.RefillEVAPack (KIS.KIS_Item item) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    EvaFuel.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellantProxy.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <1e2aef2f538b4366948b0bf96e10f307>:0)
    KIS.KIS_Item.Use (KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiContextMenu (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

 

Edited by Sebra
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Sebra said:

With EvaFuel removed nothing changes the EVA fuel type on the canister and reloading works.

Next test will be KIS 1.24

With EvaFuel and KIS 1.24 it does not work:

  Reveal hidden contents

[EXC 10:10:40.806] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.RefillEVAPack (KIS.KIS_Item item) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    EvaFuel.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellantProxy.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <1e2aef2f538b4366948b0bf96e10f307>:0)
    KIS.KIS_Item.Use (KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiContextMenu (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 10:10:43.857] Equip item: partName=EVA-11 Топливный Баллон, mode=Model
[EXC 10:11:06.507] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.RefillEVAPack (KIS.KIS_Item item) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    EvaFuel.ModuleKISItemEvaPropellantProxy.OnItemUse (KIS.KIS_Item item, KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <1e2aef2f538b4366948b0bf96e10f307>:0)
    KIS.KIS_Item.Use (KIS.KIS_Item+UseFrom useFrom) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiContextMenu (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fce1e1b8252947179397a20c9f98377e>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

 

It's not a surprise. KIS cannot work with fuel type other than "EVA propellant". If it's changed via MM, then the mod gets broken. This is not related to any specific version, this is how KIS was working from the beginning. I think I'll have it fixed in a week or two. Just need to catch up on things with the other mods.

Edited by IgorZ
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

It's not a surprise. KIS cannot work with fuel type other than "EVA propellant". If it's changed via MM, then the mod gets broken.

The fuel type is not monopropellant. It is still "Топливо для ранца" in my case.

Let's see:

1. Val in Mk1 cabin with 20 Monopropellant and Eva canisters.

2. Val out with 5 EVA fuel and canisters. Mk1 has 15 Monopropellant.

3. Val spend 1 fuel and cannot refuel from canisters.

3. Val enter cabin and has 19 Monepropellant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Sebra said:

The fuel type is not monopropellant. It is still "Топливо для ранца" in my case.

Let's see:

1. Val in Mk1 cabin with 20 Monopropellant and Eva canisters.

2. Val out with 5 EVA fuel and canisters. Mk1 has 15 Monopropellant.

3. Val spend 1 fuel and cannot refuel from canisters.

3. Val enter cabin and has 19 Monepropellant.

Don't check what kerbals have when they are seated. Check what the canister does have (e.g. in the editor). Given the MM patch in EvaFuel mod, I'm confident that the type is replaced by Monopropellant. And it won't work until KIS is fixed.

@PART[KIS_evapropellant]:NEEDS[KIS,EvaFuel]:FOR[EvaFuel]
{
	@RESOURCE[EVA?Propellant]
	{
		@name = MonoPropellant
	}
}

 

Edited by IgorZ
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

And it won't work until KIS is fixed.

Yes.

GameData\EvaFuel\Plugins\ConvertEVATanktoMonoPropellant.cfg

Break refueling. Removed it for now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@jaunco325 'G' key by default or put the following patch in a .cfg file somewhere under GameData

@KISConfig
{
	@Global
	{
		// If "false" then the hint texts over the KIS cursor will not be shown.
		@showHintText = false
    }
}
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Makuru said:

i have a bug were when i try to load the game it stucks at kerbalEVA.cfg and when i delete it it loads but it may breaks the mod

log here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PL3xbh6hxLRh4vREcjB2wwTlVsDFSpEW/view?usp=sharing

I'm not seeing a KIS error here.  The game "loads", you get the menu and load a save, go to the space center, try to load something with a Malemute rover cab and then it stops.  I don't see where kerbalEVA.cfg has anything to do with this or KIS. The last LOG message is from kOS followed by an exception,.   You are using a very old version, make sure you mods are compatible with it.  KIS and KAS both look like the right versions, but Probe Control Room throws numerous exceptions included reflections errors that can cause bizarre symptoms.  Like making it look like problems with other mods when there is nothing wrong with them.  Debugging KSP you often need to start at the beginning of your log and work to the end.  Look for lines beginning [EXC, [ERR, [WRN in that order of importance.  Some [ERR and [WRN messages are "normal" and you get used to which ones you can ignore after doing this for a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...