IXS Warpship Original Series

Denko666

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, Denko666 said:

It should work, but the function is moved to the Warp Drive ring itself. So it's not a separate part anymore. EC usage of the develocitizer is as before (more dV to correct, more EC it needs but its not infinite). The code should work, the code for develocitizing is the same; it did not throw any errors in the compiler. But i haven't had the chance to create the right circumstances in a game to give it a field test. 

So the pod formerly known as develocitizer is now a Survey Scanner. And the Warp Drive itself now has the brakes built-in :wink:

Remember to shut down the Warp drive before you develocitize, or it won't have the desired effect.

You're doing a great job keeping this mod going, and thank you for doing it.  Now I have a question.  How do you activate the develocitizer?  I've right clicked on the warp ring, and the secondary warp ring.  I've even right clicked on the survey scanner, but still don't see it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2016 at 8:58 AM, DRaKe6900 said:

So, I don't know if there's a tech tree issue or if I missed something but not all parts are available in career mode for me

they should all be in their respective 'experimental' groups (experimental drives, experimental construction,.... etc)

Maybe you are using a mod that changes the stock techtree? like Community Tech Tree or Engineer TechTree ..?

I don't have any tech tree mods. Although after looking I discoverd that the category "Experimental Rocketry" doesn't exist in my game, the missing parts were under this category, so I changed them to heavier rocketry and now they show up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7-12-2016 at 0:52 AM, DRaKe6900 said:

I don't have any tech tree mods. Although after looking I discoverd that the category "Experimental Rocketry" doesn't exist in my game, the missing parts were under this category, so I changed them to heavier rocketry and now they show up

Same here. I also can't find the develocitizer on the warpring (or anywhere else). in the download i can find two different gamedate folders. are these identical, different or am i missing something? version 0.4.0.5 (latest).

lovely to see this mod is still going!

• 1 month later...

Hey! Great to see this mod being maintained! If you dont mind me asking, perhaps you could add another antenna into the mod with super long range (like 10000+g)at the cost of super high price and EC useage? I plan on using this mod with Galactic Neighbourhood and I dont like getting cut off from civilization! :D

On 2/13/2017 at 5:28 AM, OversizedIsBestSize said:

Hey! Great to see this mod being maintained! If you dont mind me asking, perhaps you could add another antenna into the mod with super long range (like 10000+g)at the cost of super high price and EC useage? I plan on using this mod with Galactic Neighbourhood and I dont like getting cut off from civilization! :D

I hear ya :wink: 

There's a couple of options i'm contemplating:

1) A 2nd antenna with a longer range. i could copy the current antenna's model and texture, but put in different stats in its config. This is the easiest way and quickly done.

2) A 2nd antenna model. Requires a new 3D design, texture and model. i'm still fighting with getting the pod 3D object converted into a 3D model that KSP can use. So this is not going to be quickly implemented.

3) Keep the current antenna, but put in upgrades. Range would extended the higher the upgrade. I have no idea how to make degradable parts, but this is probably easier then making a whole new model.

4) More realism: communications between star systems using conventional radio waves would be unpractical. Assuming radio travels at light-speed (need to verify this). If we take the real life example of Proxima Centauri, Sol's closest neighboring star, it is still about 4ly away. So if (let's hope, one day) the IXS travels there and you'd send them a message they would get it 4 years later. And we'd get their answer another 4 years after that. Considering people get irritated if one doesn't reply to an sms or im within 15s, we can safely assume waiting 8 years for a reply is not realistic. When the real world doesn't offer solutions in regards to the IXS, i tend to turn to Star Trek lore for answers. And that means: Subspace communications. However, to do this realistically, this would require an additional communications mechanic for KSP. I'm thinking Subspace buoys that hook into the regular communications network and relay it to and from the Subspace communications network. so applied to our real life example that would become: Space Command  Center --radio--> Subspace buoy --subspacecomm--> IXS subspace transceiver. OR Space Command Center --radio--> Subspace buoy --subspacecomm--> Subspace buoy --radio--> colony antenna. Obviously this would mean at minimum 2 new models: a Subspace buoy and a Subspace transceiver module for the IXS. And also a Subspace communications mechanic for KSP. 

I roughly know what needs to be done for all of these solutions. But especially for the last one, i need to look up and learn more about KSP modding. And that takes time. So here's what i'll do: i'll look into adding upgrades to the current part, if that proves to be too complicated i'll simply another antenna with better stats. And i'll put the Subspace Communications on my to do list, cause now you made me think about it and i wants it :)

Edited by Denko666

• 1 month later...

I love this mod, It's the whole reason I got KSP in the first place. yet having dried it a number of times It does come up lacking. I am glad to hear about work on the pods. It would be nice though if we had the attachment points above and below the hull. I often try and use them for docking as The IXS never seemed to have docking ports. 

One of the issues I think is also lack of integrated RCS. The sub light engine is fine for powered maneuver. The original Artist behind the concept art added RCS Drums to the sides of the main hull Solar truss. 

IXS%20ENTERPRISE_1.jpg

They also seem to have experimented with extending the design into sublight mission sets.  

IXS%20Clark_1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello @Denko666 I've been playing around with this mod in 1.2.2 a bit and so far it's pretty cool.  My only question (so far) is how do I slow down to capture orbit?

The OP says to point and go to your target.  In this screen shot, I have arrived at Jool and would like to make orbit....  I don't see an option on the warp drive ring to "Develocitize" or whatever to avoid having to use all of my deltaV for my sublight engine.  Here is a screenshot:

Spoiler

Ij1Vo2R.png

Any thoughts?

7 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Hello @Denko666 I've been playing around with this mod in 1.2.2 a bit and so far it's pretty cool.  My only question (so far) is how do I slow down to capture orbit?

The OP says to point and go to your target.  In this screen shot, I have arrived at Jool and would like to make orbit....  I don't see an option on the warp drive ring to "Develocitize" or whatever to avoid having to use all of my deltaV for my sublight engine.  Here is a screenshot:

Hide contents

Ij1Vo2R.png

Any thoughts?

Hi @smotheredrun,

If you are sure you are using the latest version of Warpship, then i'm just as baffled by this as you are. If the engine controls are there then the develocitizer should also be there. it's not impossible another mod could have overwritten the menuentry, but it's unlikely. Apart from the Interstellar mod i know no other mods that conflict with the Warpship mod. 

Could you do the following:

• - Load your game
  • - go to a warpship in space / launch (or cheat) one into space
  • - rightclick the warpengine ring
  • - exit the game
  • - upload KSP.log and Player.log  (use pastebin.com or similar and link here)

Hopefully there is some clue in there that can put me on the right track to solve this.

2 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Hi @smotheredrun,

If you are sure you are using the latest version of Warpship, then i'm just as baffled by this as you are. If the engine controls are there then the develocitizer should also be there. it's not impossible another mod could have overwritten the menuentry, but it's unlikely. Apart from the Interstellar mod i know no other mods that conflict with the Warpship mod. 

Could you do the following:

• - Load your game
  • - go to a warpship in space / launch (or cheat) one into space
  • - rightclick the warpengine ring
  • - exit the game
  • - upload KSP.log and Player.log  (use pastebin.com or similar and link here)

Hopefully there is some clue in there that can put me on the right track to solve this.

Alright sounds like a plan. I should be able to get that done tonight or tomorrow night.

So I haven't yet had a chance do that test and logs for you.   I had a crazy busy weekend and then got an epoxy adhesive in my eyes today.

So the bad news is I don't get to be a Kerbal Space Pirate.... no eye patch.

Once I can see the tiny lettering on my laptop screen I'll do that test.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, eldemarco said:

Any plans on updating this for 1.3? I love this mod, but using it right now causes a Mono.dll crash on launch.

Working on it. But there's a couple of things that are giving me a hard time. So bear with me a bit longer.

On 6/16/2017 at 11:00 PM, Denko666 said:

Working on it. But there's a couple of things that are giving me a hard time. So bear with me a bit longer.

No worries man. Trying to wait patiently. This has always been one of my favorite mods.

12 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

update is required

can you read two posts above yours?

Also, please don't go to 10 threads and say "update required". Us modders work for free because we enjoy it and we are nice enough to share our work with everyone. Saying something as rude as "update required" can and has made people quit kill their mods/quit modding completely. I get that you want your mods to be updated but you're doing it the wrong way. Take a minute or two, read the thread, see if the modder is still around, and then say something like "Hey I really love this mod, are you planning to update it to the newest ksp version?"

i won't keep you guys waiting. As far as i can tell right now, the drive works. But the Develocitizer, which should be included in the Warpdrive part is not showing. I don't know why that is, maybe minds greater then mine can detect where it goes wrong.

So: version 0.4.0.6 can be downloaded here or on Spacedock. it should pop up in CKAN a but after that.

Grtz!

Denko

1 hour ago, bjornadri said:

@Denko666 if starvision allows the scifi shipyards scefaffle to be picked up by someone else i want you to be the one! awesome work on this mod!! keep on doing what you are doing!

That's very kind of you. Personally i feel like i'm stumbling around half blind still. if anyone has more feeling with graphics and wants to help out with the mod; i'll all ears